• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

switched from phenibut to pregabalin

scuba0095

Bluelighter
Hey here is the thing on and off all year i have been using phenibut. When i quit i get no phsyical w/d symptoms. But like kratom i just get that lingering ahadonia and dysphoria. I exercise meditate in therapy dbt cbt. Still that lack of interest in life just sucks.

I switched to pregabalin temporary because pehinbut tol got too high where two grams hardly did anything.

Anyone else do this? i was told they dont work on the same receptors but pregablin and benzos do take aaway the w/ds at least.

I will go back on phenibut to a low dose and keep trying to lower it slow to avoid that depression. Anyone try this? I got cbd oil not sure if it works or not.

I have no idea. I use pregabalin and was thinking of switching to Phenibut.

Pregabalin, despite the structural similarity to GABA (the major "calming" neurotransmitter in our nervous systems), doesn't seem to work on GABA receptors. Instead, it acts on certain calcium ion channels, which produces a psychological and physiological response that is in some ways rather similar to the one elicited by GABAergic drugs.

Phenibut, OTOH, acts on both the calcium channels as well as actual GABA-B receptors (similar to baclofen, except at much higher doses), which may give it a higher potential for abuse.