• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

SWIM trying Oxy 60mg OP first time.

OwnedInTheDome

Greenlighter
Well, here it goes I guess. SWIM grabbed 60mg OP oxy from a guy at work, never taken oxy before but has taken some randoms in the past (codeine (both liquid and tylenol 3), hydro, vicadin). The last time swim took any opiates was about a year ago or more, so no tolerance. After doing some reading, he decided to cut it in half and start with half of it (2:15). 30-45 min later, wasn't feeling anything so decided to take the other half (after thinking maybe 60mg was fine being that it is OP)....5 min after the second half, starting to feel effects. Warm, eyes seem...heavier? slower?, mouth starting to get dry, relaxed/lazy, an itch on the nose every now and again. Unfortunately if swim would have waited just 5 more minutes, he wouldn't have taken the second half, so lets see how this goes haha. Swim is 6'2", 280lbs, ate a meal around 8:30 and some cookies at about 9:45 and 1:00.

Update, 3:30, was feeling pretty good for like 20 min, but seems to be going away. Now SWIM just feels hot with a tad bit of nausea, so far doesn't think this will be a repeat in the future.

Welp, the rest of the time was just nausea that came in waves and feeling hot. 5:00 and vomited into toilet (barely made it) after trying to consume some pizza to hopefully soak up the oxy. Safe to say I will never use these again.

Sorry had read SWIM everywhere while googling and finding posts from this forum, and thought I did post this in Pillreports.

There is sticky that says we don't SWIM here. daily, people just miss that somehow :p

There is sticky that says we don't SWIM here. daily, people just miss that somehow :p
I say something but I don't judge because I missed it my first time too. It's because so many older threads use SWIM I believe.

Also, 60mg is a lot for someone lacking an opiates tolerance, which is probably where the nausea came from. You most likely just took more than your body could handle.

60mg is close to an OD for someone with no tolerance. u were saved by the crazy long time release of OPs. I would start at no more than 20mg next time.. specially if u are using IR

first time I did 3 OP 10's and OD'ed no tolerance I didn't throw up until 12 hours later and then I was throwing up for a couple hours.... Stupid OP's

^^^indeed. If you are going to dabble in opiates with no tolerance, have a friend around to keep an eye on you. Sometimes the only way you know you have had an overdose is waking up in a hospital bed.

Yes that was a big dose of oxy, and hydro and vicodin are the same thing. Just be careful, and watch your doses on long acting opiates.

Welp, the rest of the time was just nausea that came in waves and feeling hot. 5:00 and vomited into toilet (barely made it) after trying to consume some pizza to hopefully soak up the oxy. Safe to say I will never use these again.

Sorry had read SWIM everywhere while googling and finding posts from this forum, and thought I did post this in Pillreports.
Lol, I saw that coming.

A work buddy took a OP 40 with only limited hydrocodone exp and had the same results as you, every time the waves came he threw up.

^For me that eating fatty foods thing is BS. It does nothing, in fact empty stomach is how I like to take my doses. That is more effective than anything, next to that, time between doses makes a massive difference. For at leat the last 12 months I have always had a minimum of 8 hours between doses - 12 would be ideal but pain dictates.

some people just can't take Oxys man, especially in that high of a dose ... With a reset tolerance you'd expext to have that sort if reaction... I remember when I was a opie newbie and would pop 40mg oxycodone orally and it would be warm and euphoric, but still a little unconfortable, even irritable... You're destroying your tolerance at no benefit. I would suggest 20mg per dose with a reset tolerance. That's where the sweet spot was for me...

La grande belleza of opiates is their subtlety. Don't destroy the delicacy by overdoing it; I guess that's what I'm trying to say.

^yep, I remember when 20mgs felt like a shot of meth during the onset, but with a noddy overtone of course. That was 18months ago, now I can take 200+mgs and just feel comfortable (takes away the morning WD's) no euphoria anymore.

OP's size and stomach contents saved him from getting too high. 60mgs would have been close to OD when I was opiate naive, I used to look at my oxy 80's with a fearful respect as I cut it into quarters, now I can eat 3 of them without batting an eyelid.

Take it easy OP, you don't want that tolerance to rise too fast, especially if you plan on continuing down this opiate path.

Honestly I thought to myself if they are giving scripts for 60mg OP it shouldn't be too bad, especially since there wasn't a slot to cut it in half so I assume person with the script was taking them whole? Must be for opiate abusers to come down off of, or people that have been in constant pain for months/years.

But ya the rest of it was pretty bad. Went to bed around 5:30, kept waking up itching all over. Woke up at 11:30 am, felt hung over like I had been drinking all night, and still a bit nauseous. Went to sleep for another hour and a half and woke up feeling out of it. Shit, I still feel out of it like a hangover. Went to pick up my girlfriends car to do an oil change from her work and she asked if I had smoked bud before coming to grab it, didn't think this after effect would be so noticeable haha. Honestly I don't think I will mess with oxys anymore. I don't do pills often, usually only when I get an injury and get a script and decide to have a little fun, so like once every 2 years maybe. Tried Adderral a bit ago and I enjoyed those much more. Still have 4 10mgs left and was debating on doing those today to try and clear away this feeling (I know they helped me ALOT when I was hung over from drinking).

But ya I guess here is the harm-reduction from my first hand. Don't do 60mg, even OP, with little to no tolerance. It is bad news bears, and you're not goina have a good time. Hopefully a random googler finds this, because it was actually kind of hard trying to find someone who took these that had little to no tolerance, I actually don't think I was able to find anything on it really. Most of the people already were snorting/taking hyrdos before they tried oxy. Oh well, live and learn!

Finally started feeling better around 4:30, which makes sense being it's only supposed to last 12 hours correct? And much better now (5:40) after getting something in my stomach, hadn't eaten all day...

Do you guys think it is safe for me to drink tonight after my episode last night? I do have a bit of a high tolerance to alcohol, and my dosage of OXY are something like 30mg at 2:15 and 30mg at 3:00. Probably wont start drinking until about 8:00-8:30, so 15-16 hours after last dose of oxy? I googled a little and some people said 7 hours after would be fine, just looking for some added input. Thanks!

Since I'm assuming it had no acetaminophen in it, then yes but take it slow man maybe a little less than you'd usually drink, because there will still be some oxy in your system.

Last edited: