• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Swearing in public

Teens have no repsect these days, especially on public transport. A select few of my mates will swear/spit/smoke on trains, with other people around. And I can't help be feel embarassed.

i will agree, there is a time and place... but for things like the footy, and crap like that...

i know i have been at the state of origin, after a few too many beers (no such thing) swearig my lungs out, and a mother said to me, can you tone down the language, i replied, can you buy non-alcoholic seats where the swearing would be close to nothing...

on trains, and places with atmosphere, would be a lot of difference...

There is a guy at my work and everyday when he arrives, he addresses everyone -- "G'day Cunts"! I usually cringe.

i swear quite a bit but i do try to keep it to a minimum in certain places & around certon people. i think i manage to do this fairly well. (correct me if i'm wrong) anyway a few years back i went camping for a week with some friends. when i get back my mum had cooked a big dinner for me figuring i wouldn't have eaten that well while i was away. so sitting at the dinner with my family i then exclaim "wow mum be fucked if this isn't the best fucking meal i've had in a while" you could have heard a pin drop. that's the story of the first time i ever swore in front of my mother 8o

keystroke said:
there's a fucking time and a place for every fucking thing

fuck yeah

it occured to me on the bus the other day that i had quite loudly exclaimed 'fuck' about three times in the sentence, and there was a dad with his two kids (who were watching the cricket on the portable tv they had while people were trying to sleep). in the scale of tolerable to annoying, i think their blaring tv was worse than my three fucks. especially seeing as i went back to staring out the window shortly afterwards.

i noticed i'd sworn a lot, but i didn't give a fuck :D

Originally posted by pillsnapa
There is a guy at my work and everyday when he arrives, he addresses everyone -- "G'day Cunts"!

:D

I call my friends whatever - cunts, whores... you name it.

Language wouldn't be a social issue if people weren't offended. There would be no word, that in itself was rude!

It's all about the way you say it. This goes for anything.

SO STOP BEING A PACK OT TIGHTASS SKRUTS AND LET YOUR WHORISH MOUTHS SLIP INTO SOME LANGUAGE FUCKING OF THE WORDS.

I don't swear around children! Solely because it might not go down to well at creche/ school.

I still stand by what I said above though.

I swear, although I don't do it as much these days as I used to.

I blame it on the company I used to work for in Australia. Working with a bunch of bakers and butchers really doesn't help you curb your swearing. :\

I tend to swear a fair bit around friends, but try not to do it too much in public especially around people I don't know ot trying to impress, to me it sets a bad image. And actually I have no problem swearing at home... my parents know that if I'm wound up I'll swear but not just for the sake of it.

THAT'S what pisses me off - people who just swear for the sake of it!!! I hate people who chuck in goddamn swear words in every single part of the sentence: NO, it is not ok to say "I'm fucking going to fucking kill you, you asshole, fucking". Seriously throw in a swear word before the noun and that's all, and no more then 2 swear words in one sentence PLEASE!!

Edit: I should have taken this to miscellaneous rants ;)

Last edited:
^ OMG censorship ahoy :p

i try not to swear around children, merely out of social convention, but i swear like a pirate at any other time of my life :\

and in direct disagreeance with iamtha1, i'd say there are times when there's naught more apt expression than, something like

this fucking piece of cunt shit mother fucker isn't fucking WORKING!!!! :X

sometimes swearing gratuitously is the most satisfying :)

I swear a lot. Someone once told me that people who swear are less intelligent because they can't think of a more appropriate word to use. I don't think that person understood the true power of, 'DIE YOU FUCKING PIECE OF CUNT LICKING SHIT.'

Nothing says anger like a list of expletives.

That being said, I don't even say, 'God' around my mother because she's all religiousy and it offends her sensibilities and I don't swear around kids because their parents would probably hate me.

It's not something i do intentionally but sometimes i can't help it. I copped a few filthy's down at the snow last week when i was learning to snowboard on the beginner's slope with all the kids. Everytime i fell over i'd yell out a string of expletives and got the evil eye from at least one parent.

I never once uttered a swear word until I was like 17 or 18. Now it's my mark of pride. I swear constantly, I LOVE swear words. Cunt is my favourite word ever, and there are many others that I see similarly. Though I'm gay and proud of it, I'm the first person to start yelling about cocksuckers and faggots if I ever bite my tongue or burn myself. The enlish language is a beautiful thing. :)

I really do try my best not to swear alot I just don't like the way it sounds and try not to in work situations because I meet alot of politicans and the like, but one day I couldn't help myself in a moment of frustration and called environment minister Ian Campbell an Ignorant Fuck to his face :D It did feel good but achieved bugger all

Peace LOve and Mungbeans

[S]alvatore said:
A select few of my mates will swear/spit/smoke on trains, with other people around. And I can't help be feel embarassed.

OOh another one of my pet hates. spitting.
I can understand sometimes (if it's crucial) if it's discreetly into a bush etc... but, on public transport, train stations, middle of the street = gross. I hate it when i go to sit on teh seat at the train station and there are like, twenty little puddles of murky bubbley spit. Ew.

And swearing, i'll admit i have a foul mouth at times. But i really do make a concious effort to not swear so much - generally not even amoungst specific people (but obviously simple respect for elders - parents, family, family friends etc, and children). But i knew i was swearing too much, and have since been definitley trying to curb the habit.

But there are times, when you trip over, or drop something, walk into something, forget something - and a "shit!" or "fuck!" along with an extended string of other more obscure and worse expletives pops out no matter how hard you have been trying.

As for "cunt" - i have no issues with the word really, i mean, "Fuck" used to be regarded almost equally as badly - and now it's everyday language. However, i think when i developed the habit of saying "get cunted" ... it took things too far.

I also think that tone (when in a personal conversation) obviously, has a lot to do with how offensive a word is. Obviously if i was joking around and called my best friend a slut, it wouldn't be offensive - but if it were said with conviction - the offence-o-meter shoots up. |

my 2 cents

any of you cunts want a drink? - shaun of the dead, such a classy film

I think perhaps it's time to discuss WHY a word has become offensive... i mean, consider the words an dtheir meanings:

"shit" - The description of a necessary but taboo bodily function that smells nasty and therefore apparently should not be discussed

"bastard" - A child born out of wedlock... wow, how offensive is THAT? but in the old days, being illigitimate was one of the worst things you could be...

"fuck" - meaning intercourse.... so it's offensive why? once again, a totally natural, normal human/animal function (though i cringe ot think of sex as a function) but it's offensive because sex is soooo bad and evil...

"dick" - a penis... i can undestand why being called a dick is offensive hehe, but seriously, it's rude because it's sexual

"cunt" - meaning vagina, or possibly vulva - for some reason it's always the "wort swear word" which i personally find a whole lot more offensive than the word its self, refering to someone as a part of the female anatomy should be no more offensive than calling someone an "arm" or a "leg" but for some reason people find it insulting...

I blame the Christians..... they have ingrained us with their anti-sex anti-fun beliefs for so long that we merely find things offensive and don't ask ourselves why....(yes i'm a recovering x-Catholic dealing with issues) So i think go ahead and swear, but not to the point where your grammar becomes incorrect eg: i fuckin went to the fuckin shop.... use things in context and they just become another word.... i think people have used "swear-words" to a point that we can no longer express anger, hurt, desise or any other strong emotion through more expressive language. Eg you could say "fuck you" or you could say "i unclog my nostrils in your general direction" (Monthy python) and i know which i would be more impressed and offended by.... the one that actually had some thought put into it.

Re: my 2 cents

frog_e said:
any of you cunts want a drink? - shaun of the dead, such a classy film

I think perhaps it's time to discuss WHY a word has become offensive... i mean, consider the words an dtheir meanings:

"shit" - The description of a necessary but taboo bodily function that smells nasty and therefore apparently should not be discussed

"bastard" - A child born out of wedlock... wow, how offensive is THAT? but in the old days, being illigitimate was one of the worst things you could be...

"fuck" - meaning intercourse.... so it's offensive why? once again, a totally natural, normal human/animal function (though i cringe ot think of sex as a function) but it's offensive because sex is soooo bad and evil...

"dick" - a penis... i can undestand why being called a dick is offensive hehe, but seriously, it's rude because it's sexual

"cunt" - meaning vagina, or possibly vulva - for some reason it's always the "wort swear word" which i personally find a whole lot more offensive than the word its self, refering to someone as a part of the female anatomy should be no more offensive than calling someone an "arm" or a "leg" but for some reason people find it insulting...

I blame the Christians..... they have ingrained us with their anti-sex anti-fun beliefs for so long that we merely find things offensive and don't ask ourselves why....(yes i'm a recovering x-Catholic dealing with issues) So i think go ahead and swear, but not to the point where your grammar becomes incorrect eg: i fuckin went to the fuckin shop.... use things in context and they just become another word.... i think people have used "swear-words" to a point that we can no longer express anger, hurt, desise or any other strong emotion through more expressive language. Eg you could say "fuck you" or you could say "i unclog my nostrils in your general direction" (Monthy python) and i know which i would be more impressed and offended by.... the one that actually had some thought put into it.
That is so the most awesome answer to this question ever. Nice one bruvva. :)

If swearing lost its power to offend general members of the public I'd probably do it considerably less often.

My general response to admonishment over it is this "I'm just making noises with my vocal chords. It's the way that you're interpreting them that is offending you. Cunt."

cunt, fuck, shit etc. are offensive not so much because of their meaning but because of the way they sound...think, if there was a word 'moom' that meant 'vagina' and you substituted it for 'cunt' as an insult, would it sound anywhere near as bad?

Fucking moom.
or
She is a dirty moom.
or
G'day, mooms

Swear words are generally blunt, abrasive, guttural, abrupt. I don't know anything about linguistics, but it's to do with the sounds, where they come from in the mouth...moom is probably a poor example. Anyway. Continue with the arguments, cunts

I've actually been noticing that lately. A lot of the words, not just swear words, that are offensive or not so much offensive, but abrasive, are the harsher sounding words. The really vowelly ones...

Like devour for example...