• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Suspicion of father using cocaine/related drugs? Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

summersaults

Greenlighter
Hi everyone,
If you'd like a more detailed explanation, please see below. Otherwise, skip to "In Summary." Thanks!

I was recently in my mother's home and came across several suspicious things including a random pack of razors, a small scale, plastic bags, and some (rather terribly) hidden keys to a locked set of drawers. As my mother was nearby, I didn't have much time to search this drawer, but I did find other suspicious (yet unrelated) things, and I plan on returning to do more inspection.
I fully understand that my mother is an adult and has the right to privacy, but I know she's under a lot of stress and I don't want her to keep potentially dangerous secrets from me. Additionally... she is the breadwinner in the family. While I'm no longer dependent on her, the rest of my family still is, and I'd really rather like to reduce chances of some tragedy occurring and them suddenly having to depend on me (or the state). Obviously, she's my mother, so I'm not going to rat her out, but I'm rather scared.

In summary: I've found a pack of razors, a small scale, plastic bags, and some hidden keys to a locked set of drawers that I haven't fully inspected yet but that contain other questionable but unrelated material, all in the possession of my mother. I'm worried that I may have a problem on my hands. Please, for the sake of her safety and the stability of my family, could you give me indication of whether this is substantial evidence to consider drug use? Thanks so much for your time and help, and best of luck to everybody.

What are you going to if you find out she's using drugs?

If it's confront her, just talk to her now out of a place of love IF you think there's an actual issue. Meaning it's an impairment to her responsibilities.

If it's just for your knowledge, stop right now, you have no right.

Also, thread title says father but your post all refers to mother.

Everything there indicates drug dealing. It sounds like it's none of your business though so unless there is any way you can help leave it alone. You sound too snoopy, worry about your own life or do something that can help your family, not just get the latest gossip to satisfy your curiosity

If it's confront her, just talk to her now out of a place of love IF you think there's an actual issue. Meaning it's an impairment to her responsibilities.

^ I couldn't have said this better.

Sounds more like drug dealing than drug using, either way mind your own fucking business

This
I'm closing this thread, as it's not really OD material, OP if you have a question or want me to re-open the thread PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.