• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Survey for Phenibut Users!

strity1994

Bluelighter
1. How often do you take Phenibut? (Ie. Once a week, daily, etc)

2. What dosage ?

3. Do you suffer from rebound anxiety or insomnia the following days after ceasing usage?

4.. How long ago did you begin to use Phenibut?

5. Do you take any other GABAERGIC drugs?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions :)

Hola- not a current user, but I've had two solid physical dependencies to it (fairly recently)
Given that the usage was recent enough that I can recall the information requested, perhaps still useful...?

1) Daily (2x day, within an hour of waking and approx. nine hours after that)

2) Generally two grams; more (~3g) if I'm looking to feel it, less (~1.5g) if I plan on taking other substances. Two grams was, effectively, just above a maintenance dose.

3) Definitely. Bad. Would sooner withdraw from Etizolam/Zopiclone again. Unbearable akathisia, extreme anxiety (I'm an anxious person, normally, though 40mg Citalopram/day helps keep it under control, under normal conditions), complete (seriously, total) insomnia... all the pleasantries of GABA withdrawal. GABA A agonists helped, but not with the full spectrum of symptoms, as Phenibut effects GABA-B. Withdrawal symptoms manifested in twelve hours on a maintenance dose, sixteen hours on my normal two gram hit. Ended up Rxing Gabapentin, which countered w/d symptoms.

4) Six months (at time of usage)... dependency was achieved after about a week and a half to two weeks after first dose. It works quick :/

5) Yes- at this point in time, I was using alcohol frequently (four to five states of moderate intoxication a week)... nothing else GABAergic.

I feel obligated to say this--- If you're gathering data for the purposes of deciding whether to use it yourself, my unsolicited advice to anyone would be to avoid it if GABAergics are your drugs of choice. If you enjoy GABAergics, it will quickly become difficult to avoid justifying breaking dosage regimen, in my experience (normally pretty good with drugs, but it gets out of hand quickly)
The withdrawal is DRASTICALLY disproportionate to the delivered effects, and until you experience the withdrawal, it can be difficult to form a mental connection between a pretty weak (but enjoyable) functional high and the truly awful discontinuation syndrome

ANYWAAAYS if that's not why you're asking, I hope the data helps! :)

1. How often do you take Phenibut?:
Accidentally used it daily for a while, but in general I use it once every one or two weeks.

2. What dosage ?:
Probably about 1-2 grams.

3. Do you suffer from rebound anxiety or insomnia the following days after ceasing usage?:
Nope, excluding the period I used it daily.

Probably about a year ago.

Yes, I use kava regularly and used to drink alcohol. (Nowadays I have alcohol pretty rarely.)

1. I usually take it 2 days a week, never more than 8,000mgs in a 7 day period.

2. I usually spread my dosages out throughout the day, often starting with a little less or a little more than 2,000mgs and progressively dosing up to no more than 4,000mgs by bed time.

3. Nope. I've never had rebound anxiety or withdrawal symptoms or addictoin after taking Phenibut (i get it BAD from combining too much alcohol with Klonopin though) and usually sleep very well after using Phenibut. This is probably because I restrict my usage to 2 days a week/8,000mgs or less in a 7 day period. I STRONGLY suggest not doing more than that.

4. I only started using Phenibut one year ago.

5. Yes. I regularly take Klonopin for anxiety, drink more booze than I should, often take Valerian root for sleep and sometimes a little Kava Kava that doesn't usually do that much.

1. How often do you take Phenibut? (Ie. Once a week, daily, etc)

Have somehow ended up using it daily even though I know I shouldn't.

2. What dosage ?

400mg-2000mg per night

3. Do you suffer from rebound anxiety or insomnia the following days after ceasing usage?

I think so, most of the time I avoid it by cycling the dose (2000mg dose, then taper down to 400mg over the course of a week or so and then dose big again - rinse and repeat)

About 2 years ago.

Zolpidem nightly (10 year now) and alcohol most nights