• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Surprising non-existent withdrawal from binge w/ strong opioid (Fent.)

Skyradkey

Greenlighter
Hello,

I have never posted here but have used this website as a resource on a regular basis. This post is about opiate/opioid withdrawal observations.

Something interesting, very unexpected and quite fantastic occurred after stoping a 14 day binge on the relatively new potent opioid fentanyl analogs B-F (Butyr Fent.) and Fu-F (Furanyl fent.); there were virtually no withdrawals. Some lethargy and lack of motivation were experienced but no sweats, feverish symptoms, insomnia, pain, depression, ect. After using over 150 mg total of both fents, mostly B-F, (potency equivalent to about 1.5 g pure heroin, according to some sources) over the span of two weeks, on a daily basis and fairly consistently, at least some withdrawal was expected. It is NOT being suggested that these fent. analogs have no withdrawals symptoms, normally withdrawal from fent. and its analogs is horrid but for some reason in this case it did not occur. Also it is NOT being suggested that some sort of immunity to opioids is present; there is no doubt that heavier/long term use of any opiate/opioid, especially fent, would lead to serious withdrawals that can last weeks no matter who you are; I am simply suggesting that some individuals may be significantly less prone to withdrawal than others. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Here's some background on the usage: The primary ROA was smoked and at points during the usage smoked 100-150 ug every 10-15 min over a couple hours. Tolerance increased drastically, as expected, but the amount used didn't increased after the 7th day. Nodding was very rare as being coherent during the rush is preferred and nausea is not worth it (prefer being a functioning opioid user). Other drugs, mostly weed, were used during that time period although not necessarily together with the Fent. analogs. Now it should be mentioned that personal drug experience and knowledge is very high, no drugs have ever been consumed daily like this before in 6 years of experimentation, with the exception of weed (This is a very addictive drug folks! best not to bother with it). Have had experience with powerful opiates/opioids before but never even close to this scale. This was honestly the first time ever being worried about withdrawal. Its true that 150 mg of B-F is not a "huge" amount but after extensive research on these particular fent analogs and the people who have experienced them it seems fairly certain that some sort of withdrawal should have occurred. Weirdly enough there is no craving either now that the stuffs gone, although if it was around it would be hard to pass up. Definitely the most addictive drug ever tried. Didn't expect to do a 14 day binge.

One of the reasons this is of such interest personally is that this is not the first time a surprise like this has occurred. Stopped using several antidepressant (wellbutrin, celexa, lexapro) cold turkey when convinced there were no positive effects (I know its not the smartest idea but whats done is done, wouldn't recommend anyone else try under any circumstance). The most significant experience was with wellbutrin which was taken for over 3 months (longest period any antidepressant was taken but still significant) before stopping cold turkey. Little to no negative withdrawals at all; didnt have more than a few brain saps. Benzodiazepines have also been taken over semi-long periods with no withdrawals even though research dictates withdraw should have been felt.

So overall Im just curious if anyone has a hypothesis to why little to no withdrawal occurred? Cant imagine this would be considered normal. Is it possible to be less sensitive to opiate/opioid withdrawals or withdraws in general compared to others?

Absolutely it's possible to be less sensitive than others to the opiate withdrawal. If not, everybody who tried opiates would end up addicted ;)

If you had this binge, but no prior opiate habit, it's not surprising that you didn't experience withdrawal.

Withdrawal in the beginning of opiate use does not happen after a few weeks of use. It takes time for the brain chemistry to change to the point that wd will set in quickly.

When I first used heroin, I used for close to a year before
I woke up dope sick one morning. Until that point I didn't know what the big deal was and why others would be so sick in the morning

Once you actually have experienced an opiate habit with withdrawal, then it becomes less and less time needed to use to trigger wd. At the end of my use I couldn't use more than 2 days in a row or
I would be in withdrawal

I had a fentanyl habit for a while where I used that daily for over a year. It is a very tolerance raising drug. And when it does trigger wd it's a bad wd. I wouldn't continue indulging for continuous days as you just don't know when you'll hit your magic time and wake up feeling like death

But my main point--2 weeks straight of use would really only trigger withdrawal if you had a previous opiate habit. So many new users don't get that. They use for a week and write threads on here like "man I did dope since last Friday how bad is my withdrawal gonna be"? It doesn't work like that

crzydiamond: Interesting, never heard that before from anyone, including previous heroin addicts, but I guess its not important once it becomes a true addiction. However it explains why it would be so easy to get trapped into thinking the withdrawals aren't that bad in the beginning and get caught up in a huge addiction. Is this common knowledge? If not it should be. Feel like I should have heard of this with all the research Ive done but maybe I was looking in the wrong places as an intolerant user. It is true that the vast majority of discussions about withdraw from opioids/opiates are from long term users or individuals who have used a lot in the past so I can how that detail would be easy to miss without prior experience.