Supplement Advice..

Doody

Bluelighter
have been training for awhile now and have that and the diet part all laid down. was just after some of your thoughts. i was taking creatine before the workout then the portein after. but have decided to start using Glutimine. i take it straight after my workout, then the protein a little later at night( say 2hrs b4 bed) and again in the morining. i also take a multi-V, flaxceed capsules and wheet grass pills, and again the diet and training have no problem with. have found getting some good reuslts with the glutimine. but its all getting a little costly. what would u guys recoomend i keep up and why? has anyone else experimented with glutimine and what sort of results did you get?

another quickie... do you have to lift real heavy to gain real muscle? or does consistent training at a medium rate day in day out do the trick, as i train by myself.

thanx guys...and gals...:)

Glut. helps in the recovery after a hard workout and it does the job and usually is effective even in low doses of 1g, but i use 4g after each workout mixed in a 60g protein shake.
BEFORE WORKOUT
Labrada 60g protein shake and Zinc
AFTER
60g protein shake w/ GLUt mixed in

Creatine in my opinion just adds water and it did not help me at all, just bloated. Concerning the amount of weight being used it can go both ways....Lifting heavy weight at low reps will help build muscle while lifting semi light weight at high reps will also build muscle. The difference is how the body reacts and how fast it wears out. We all react different so basically it is guess and check but i like low reps with high weight...usually between 80-90 percent of my max with 6-12 reps(3-4 sets depending on body part being worked)

BOOYAMS

holla

chances are you takin to much creatine, you dont need more then 2 grams after a workout. As far as glut goes i wouldnt bother with it, basically i would stick with protien powder and if you want some creatine, other than that i really wouldnt bother unless your getting ready for a show or a competition or something. Also there are plenty of ways to train to gain muscle and peoples opionins on weight training is all over the board. Stick with compound movements (Multijoin movements) like deadlifts, squats, bench press, oly lifts, chin ups, pull ups, stuck like that. Iso movements are for sissies, and you would do well to read read and read somemore, dont listen to muscle mags like flex or anything else those programs are fucking insane unless your juiced to the gills. Check over at www.t-mag.com and www.ruggedmag.com tons of free info by some of the strongest and smartest coaches around man, dave tate, louie simmons, john berardi, Christian thib, all those guys are great. also www.elitefts.com has shitloads of info about powerlifting and a decent exercise index

BOOYAMS said:
Glut. helps in the recovery after a hard workout and it does the job and usually is effective even in low doses of 1g, but i use 4g after each workout mixed in a 60g protein shake.
BEFORE WORKOUT
Labrada 60g protein shake and Zinc
AFTER
60g protein shake w/ GLUt mixed in

couldnt agree with ya more here bro....so many people just dont understand that truly amazing effect of glutamine...it is a must after workouts...creatine is a waste IMO as well but glutamine is an awesome addition to post workout shakes!

thanks for the feedback guys..good to hear i'm on the right track...the zinc your talking about...how is it purchased..is it in a pill/capsule form or in a powder.
and the labrada protein..is that just the brand u guys take..atm all my products are made by ultimate nutrition...was recommeneded them..the seem good in price..and still fairly high rate of protein per 100g..

I know this isnt popular, but noone has ever shown me anything that any amount of glutamine gets past the intestines and makes it to the amino acid pool. Until then, I can recommend it over more of a whey protein.

Zinc comes in caps usually, but are sometimes in tabs with calcium and a few other minerals. Usual dose is 30mg a day from mixed sources.

i like to use Adrostene products such as Andro popers made by biotest piniccle..

also its all about the protein intake......say you weigh 150pds try to take in 150 grams of protein a day...

and lots of carbs will help put sum weight on for you to build into mucsle...remember weight loss and muscle building coinside with each other

XmiKeX said:
i like to use Adrostene products such as Andro popers made by biotest piniccle..

also its all about the protein intake......say you weigh 150pds try to take in 150 grams of protein a day...

and lots of carbs will help put sum weight on for you to build into mucsle...remember weight loss and muscle building coinside with each other

drop the adrostene andro poppers as they are pure crap. go with 1-AD if you're going the ph route.

drop the glutamine and increase your protein intake to 225-250g/day. eat only complex carbs-oats, brown rice, veggies, sweet potatoes, etc. and don't forget your pb, flax and fish oils.

stick with some sorta creatine product. i like the new creatine volumizers w/o the bloat such as swole v2, san v12, or iss satur8.

good luck!

Pro-hormones are terrible.

Glutamine is terrible.

Creatine is terrible.

ALLS YOU NEED TO GROW IS 8 FULL MEALS A DAY, 50g PROTEIN PER MEAL, 100g CARBS PER MEAL, AND YOU'LL GROW LIKE NO PRODUCT CAN EVER MAKE YOU GROW.

Why does everyone hafta over-complicate bodybuilding with all this "take X shit-a-tine after 25.3502 minutes post workout to ensure theres suffiencet WASTE OF CASH".

Get real people. FOOD MAKES YOU GROW, not GNC.

Everyone knows proper diet and training are the most important factors in building muscle. But, he's asking about supplements. Besides, everyone will eventually reach a plateau going "natural." it is up to the individual to decide whether they want to take it to the next level with the help of creatine, ph's, aas, etc.......

creatine and PH's dont take it to the next lvl, they take ur wallet down a level. Theyre absolutely useless products, and anyone who encourages their purchase gets listed as an IDIOT in my book.

5alphareductase said:
I know this isnt popular, but noone has ever shown me anything that any amount of glutamine gets past the intestines and makes it to the amino acid pool. Until then, I can recommend it over more of a whey protein.

Zinc comes in caps usually, but are sometimes in tabs with calcium and a few other minerals. Usual dose is 30mg a day from mixed sources.

no none of us give a rats ass about book break down and poly chemical nitrate enzymes..shit...i care about results trial and error and have been working out faithfully for over 12 years and know what works and what dont...so from me and the 8K plus member at my boards who say it works i will take the proof is in the pudding over some lame ass survey and study that has yet to prove anything other than people sitting around reading books think they know it all because they read about it and never took the time to hit the gym and try it...that how i see it...:p ;)

PS... glutamine rocks and anyone working out(seriously) is a fool not to take it post workout atleast 10-15G

And im sure scope's boards sponsor is a glutamine supplier, and all his members are sellouts to their almighty sponsor. Get real, you get GLUTAMINE in a hunk of steak. Stop nit-picking your amino acids, put down that shake, and pickup a god damn steak.

Everything you need to grow is inside a nice fat 12 ounce hunk of steak, not in some "high tech super fabulous mega recovery system supporting protein synthesis encouraging ultra-complex formulation mocrnized glutamine peptide complex".

Theres so many god damn variables that can differ from day to day in the gym, that truly thinking 10g of glutamine would ever be possible to be noticed is absurdly psychotic. Thats like saying you can notice the difference between 250mg and 300mg of testosterone enanthate.

Damn right spinx. While studies cant be relied on totally, I think this is a case where it shows that glutamine cannot get past the stomach or intestinal lining unless you use an IV amino acid drip (which I hope noone below pro level is doing).

I do think that rebuilding the intestinal lining, which glutamine does, is very important, because we are only what we absorb, but glutamine alone does not directly increase muscle or recovery. You can take pounds of protein a day, and it wont matter unless you absorb it. Just my opinion.

I have to disagree with Spinx and 5Alpha. Glutamine does make a difference. I would add to that though it adds only when combined as a component of the whole supplementation program. I think everyone has strayed from his original questions though.

Yes, Glutamine is a great additive to your suppl. program. Additionally, most good quality protein suppl's have all the glutamine you need added in them now. I know where your coming from with money issues too. I would recommend aside from protein which is a must to go with a prohormone ( Methyl-D or M-1-Test), and creatine. I would go with the M-D as you don't get the side with it like M-1-T (lethargy,etc)

And to answer your 2nd question -
another quickie... do you have to lift real heavy to gain real muscle? or does consistent training at a medium rate day in day out do the trick, as i train by myself.

You don't have to lift real heavy but you do need to continuously increase the amount of weight you are lifting. Just like you you know what your MCI (maintenance caloric intake) level is (I hope you know) and if you increase that you will gain weight, decrease it and you lose weight. The same is true with lifting. If you reach a certain level and never increase your poundage then your muscles will become accustomed to that weight level and stop growing as they wil have no need to. You have to constantly shock the muscles to make them grow.

And remember, adequate sleep is a must. Your muscles don't grow when your lifting or awake but only while you sleep. So if you rob your body of sleep, you will never give your muscles the amount of time they need to rejuvinate and grow. I hope this helps some.

And SCOPE101 - What is the web address for your board?

Please discuss scope's website through PM, thank you.

My apologies- I should have sent him a PM to start with. Just wasn't thinking.

BlueAdonis said:
Please discuss scope's website through PM, thank you.

OK this is why i never posted my boards URL...for 1 no sources are allowed on our board period...if its a problem then i will keep my board name down (WHICH I ALWAYS HAVE UNTIL SOMEONE ASK ME WHICH BOARD I WAS FROM) i here to help out and see what others have to say thats all...Never meant to break any of your rules as you know i run a board as well and know rules are there for a purpose so i apologize if broke any....However ..Sphinx you dont know your ass from a hole in a ground bro...(i tried to be nice and hold back on some of your post but you had to open your mouth)we dont use supplement sponsers...i just know from experience bro...hard work and experience lots of it... something it sounds like you know nothing about...

5alphareductase said:

also this is know by scientist as the "glutamine paradox" the fact is that wothout a glutamine petide 50-80% of the glutamine is used up by the intestines liver and immune system... peptides increaes glutimine absorbtion to the muscles alone to about 60%