• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Super potent salvia analogue

that sounds insane prob some mad man chemist out there who will make himself some to take lol.

always wanted to try a quid from fresh leaf, heard its not so unpleasant as smoking extract

quid is not that great, too messy and uses up too much goodies.
actually, smoking the way I do it occasionally is like not smoking at all,
the toke is usually done in less than 1.5 seconds,
I soaked cigarette papers with pure salvinorin-A in acetone, and cut up the resulting doped paper into ~400 mic doses that are ~1/8"x1/16" to smoke.
I have a tiny kit with this stuff, and a tiny chillum - papers and a tweezer! it all fits in a coin pocket with a little bic lighter.

I highly recommend using it that way for a 15 minute jaunt, but I am not sure I want to go for 3 hours solid into those realms,
or maybe I do, but not that far exactly as the amazing report above! https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=110531

rather than 275 mics, I would go for 100 mics

The only interesting salvinorin analog to me is herkinorin which looks like a pretty decent opioid. It is also a g-protein biased MOR agonist which makes it safer and less addictive than other opioids (similar to mitragynine in that regard).

I soaked cigarette papers with pure salvinorin-A in acetone, and cut up the resulting doped paper into ~400 mic doses that are ~1/8"x1/16" to smoke.
I have a tiny kit with this stuff, and a tiny chillum - papers and a tweezer! it all fits in a coin pocket with a little bic lighter.

I highly recommend using it that way for a 15 minute jaunt, but I am not sure I want to go for 3 hours solid into those realms,
or maybe I do, but not that far exactly as the amazing report above! https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=110531

rather than 275 mics, I would go for 100 mics
That sounds like a really good way to dose this. Did you extract your own salvinorin-A?

This Salvinorin B ethoxymethyl ether sounds ridiculous and intimidating.

That sounds like a really good way to dose this. Did you extract your own salvinorin-A?

This Salvinorin B ethoxymethyl ether sounds ridiculous and intimidating.
A poster under the name Sphere, contacted me in the early 2000's to review the extraction process, which I had taken only up to acetone (so it was black gunky chlorophyllous goo) while he had several grams of 99% pure using Naptha to separate the fatty bits from the acetone solution. The powder he gave me (1 gram) was gray white. I have some dark green papers as well as the white ones, but I like the white ones best.
this describes our process (although we used acetone extractions together and in this paper the alcohol extraction is described)

I wonder if Salvinorin and it's analogues are considered the most potent naturally occuring psychedelic/dissociatives. The way it can take away physical and mental pain eaway ven if only for a few minutes for sure has to be valuable in creating more specific substances. I have always found it interesting that such a strong psychoative can wear off so cleanly just minutes later. Some other strong psychoatives like Datura can last for days. Yet 10 minutes after leaving our Universe Salvinorin has the same characteristis as DMT in that it wears off and there is no hint of it 30 minutes later. So I wonder if the brain is as comfortable with Salvinorin as it is with DMT.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

BTW I love Salvia, but I do it the right way (yes, I said it) i.e. chewing it or making a tea of it.

Making extracts for smoking is akin to making crack or cocaine out of the coca leaf--Americanizing (GET IT STRONG AND FAST PACED BOI SUPERSIZE IT) and bastardizing what is actually a beautiful, deep plant, if used right.

WTF is this analogue shit. Go away. Nature made it perfect first. Nothing good can come of this. The plants are here for you.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

BTW I love Salvia, but I do it the right way (yes, I said it) i.e. chewing it or making a tea of it.

Making extracts for smoking is akin to making crack or cocaine out of the coca leaf--Americanizing (GET IT STRONG AND FAST PACED BOI SUPERSIZE IT) and bastardizing what is actually a beautiful, deep plant, if used right.

WTF is this analogue shit. Go away. Nature made it perfect first. Nothing good can come of this. The plants are here for you.
How does it feel when you use it like that

Interesting. I couldn’t find any research into developments in pain medicine from G protein partial agonists. All I pulled up was the development of compounds that help regulating neuroinflammatory processes, and activation of ADRB1 may produce neuroprotective effects in neuroinflammatory diseases. Hopeful creations of drugs that have potential therapeutic value for Alzheimer’s disease (AD) neuroinflammatory disorders, which has led to the identification of the molecule STD-101-D1.

I’d be curious to see the research that is being done for pain management and pain medicine from G protein partial agonists.

🧙‍♂️

What is being talked about specifically for treating pain are biased partial agonists at the mu opioid receptor.

Basically, there are multiple possible ways for a g protein coupled receptor (such as the mu opioid receptor) to signal after a ligand binds to it. Canonically, these receptors signal through a type of protein known as a G - protein, which in the case of the mu opioid receptor decreases cyclic AMP production and opens a potassium channel.

More recently discovered was the protein beta arrestin. Beta arrestin was first studied in the context of receptor internalization. When certain g protein coupled receptors are activated a lot, they get phosphorylated and beta arrestin will bind to these phosphate groups. Beta arrestin will then cause the receptor to be removed from the cell surface.

What has later become apparent is that the beta arrestin - g protein coupled receptor complex actually signals as it is internalized through the map kinase pathway (a separate pathway than induced through g protein signaling).

With opioids it is thought that various effects such as respiratory depression, tolerance, analgesia and euphoria are due to agonism of both pathways. There have been studies ranking known opioids based on preferring one or the other or being even between the two pathways. It is thought that g protein biased ligands with low intrinsic efficacy have less respiratory depression and build tolerance more slowly.

I do think a lot of the talk of bias needs to take in mind the degree of bias between the two signal pathways, but it is definately a hot area of investigation currently.