• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Super bug or meth bug?

HeleenaD

Greenlighter
My apologies is this would not be the proper place to post this. I am curious as people's thoughts on the Super Bug or super flu MRSA, scientifically named Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
I'm not asking because of the name I'm asking because I'm a recovering addict and also have been diagnosed with MRSA. Call me crazy but I can tell you the day I contracted the disease bacteria whatever you want to call it. When I was an active meth user I did it in most ways but commonly used the needle and I know that jokes sometimes were made I think I even watched a movie Once couple of tweakers in a hotel room who thought they had bugs under their skin.. I do not think I have bugs under my skin however I will say that superbug as well as meth bug would be a good way to describe this. I was a user for quite a long time and sadly it most definatly took its toll... But some time back the meth changed.. Something to do with ephadrine I think.... When the happened to felt totally diffaren't..

Sorry, it's not clear what your question is here... are you asking if it's possible to have MRSA as well as another bug? What are you calling the "meth bug"- in your first sentence you say "Super Bug or super flu MRSA, scientifically named Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus", which makes it sound like you are referring to all of them as one.

I'm sorry I suppose I wasn't very clear. But I wasn't really asking a question either just more expressing my thoughts on a matter at Forum where it would be acceptable and wondering what others might think. MRSA is scientifically known as methicillin-resistant...twice I have had an outbreak.... But I suppose my main reasons were asking is because of how I contracted it. I am sober from methamphetamine right now and has been for over 3 years, so know this isn't a 'too high trip'. About four and a half years ago my husband came to me with a boil on his back that he wanted me to help him with. We had been looking for some drugs for almost a week so I was most definitely sober at that time too.
Anyhow I squeeze this boil for my husband and he told me to use more pressure. squeezing harder the boil popped and I felt what I can only really described as an electric worm shoot up my arm. It felt so weird it freaked me out and I screamed and flung my arms for a minute. my husband thought I was freaking out because some of the pus from his boil. I didn't want to say much because I didn't know what the hell happened. All's I know is then whatever did happen acted in my system like better meth than I had ever used before. And still, with no drugs I was up and wired for three days. It actually became an argument. He thought I was hiding drugs. It was about a month later that I had a growth pop up on my shoulder which got so large so quickly that I had to go to the emergency room and I was diagnosed with MRSA. It is commonly referred to as doctors by bioturm superbug. Is a staph infection contracted when it enters the bloodstream of somebody because it's laying on their skin and it's actually quite common. I just remember how I felt the day I popped that boil for my husband and I think back to things such as watching that movie with the meth bug in it. To my knowledge there is not actually a meth bug is there? I smoked meth a few times after that and it was probably a year later that I used a needle for
The very last time. I had years quite literally of experience doing it that way so it wasn't a matter of preparation but within two to three minutes after doing my shot I knew something was very wrong . I felt as though I had tiny rocks I guess falling out of my skin the pores yeah totally a bad experience enough to make me never ever do it again Overtime I have ran into a couple of people that have MRSA and they are a couple of the people that used to use needles in that manner. again not really a question in here just my thoughts

You are definitely free to express yourself openly and ask whatever you would like, I didn't mean no offense, was only trying to clarify so that myself and others may respond more accurately, as I myself, and likely others, weren't clear on what you are asking/trying to discuss.

If I understand you correctly, you are asking if it's possible that you contracted some disease related to methamphetamine and the boil you popped on your husband, not MRSA, even tho there is the common "meth" prefix in the name. Like a specific disease meth users get?

https://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/10809

Study exploring MRSA and methamphetamine use. If you look at the risk factors for developing MRSA, listed in table two, you see many that are often present in heavy meth use.

Taking a look at the Epidemiology of MRSA in the population of meth users and especially IV users we see that they have many risk factors and the vector of often repeated unsanitary injections.

@HeleenaD.. how many of the risk factors were present when you initially contracted it? Share if your into it of course. Warm welcome to BL!

Last edited: