• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Suicide - Please read and add your support and views

Canada girl I feel the same way exactly. It was almost as if you took my thoughts out of my mind and posted it. However, I don't know how involved in drugs you are. I for one, am pretty involved and I think im pretty dependent. Im not physically dependent on anything, however I am mentally dependent on everything. I just can't seem to live life without getting high. Drugs have caused me SO many problems in the past 2 years since I started yet I just can't seem to stop. When I stop using, my life just seems to get uninteresting, pathetic, and meaningless.
Suicide has crossed my mind several times through out my life. I was always VERY shy(still am, not nearly as much though) and kind of an outcast through out my kiddie days, however I was VERY smart. I would think that no one cared about me and that they only cared about themselves. I would think that few people would care if I suddenly died. This depression went away eventually and then I was sorta happy for a while. Then in 9th grade, I started to get into drugs. Mostly weed and cigarettes, but sometimes more. This was extremely fun at first and 99% of my depression went away. I started to get dumber, my all A's dropped to B's. I can't talk with as big of words, almost as if some of my vocabulary was lost. My memory seems totally shot. I can't even remember some of the details of my day. Im not as sociable and I find that laziness is a common thing. I also get really paranoid sometimes and I'll flip out. I forget a lot of things frequently. I find that all the time no matter how much sleep I get, I am ALWAYS tired and just wish I could stop doing everything and just go to sleep for a few hours. Keep in mind that all of this is present when I am sober. Now, in 11th grade, I am finding that I must quit drugs immediately but I don't know what is going to come. Very scary. However, even tho I sometimes get suicidal thoughts, I won't ever act on it. No matter how bad, shitty, or terrible life gets. I just hope I'm not sad all my life....

the above replies just brought back so many memories, i have been a suicidal person and attempted suicide twice but failed. but things changed since my first pill, which is mad !! i had everything i could need in life friends, money, loving parents, a perfect life, except that i wanted to die.
i think people try to commit suicide for many reasons, but in the end its a feeling of hopelesness and just wanting the pain to end. hence whoever is contemplating suicide don't give up, keep on trying as each person finds his/ her way out in a different way.
i have no idea why i wanted to die, and i still don't know how i got out of it...raves helped me in a twisted kind of way. but i know what always held me back from doing it is the thought of just one unexpected spur of happiness...i lived on that. and gradually i became happier and happier as i realised if i could end my life that easily then i am in control of my life, where i just decided i'll try to make it better and if that doesn't work i'll just kill myself. and it did work thank god!
and believe me the best feeling you'll ever experience is when u start getting out of it and just doing things that will make u happy.
i'm turning 19 in two weeks and i feel as if i just started living.
im rambling so if anyone needs to talk dont hesitate to email me at [email protected]

I think when a person is severly depressed, the hardest thing is finding someone who understands how they feel, because it is true, you dont understand it unless you have been there. And beleive me, I have. I have dealt with major depression for 11 years. It's hard for friends because they dont know what to do for you. My ex-husband tried everything he could but since he didnt understand what I was going through, things ended up in a fight..hence outside circumstances adding to the feelings of depression. I stated that I am still dealing with depression-am I depressed now--NO. But I beleive that if a person suffers from depression, they deal with it for the rest of their life in one way or the other. I think the main reason I dont feel sorry for myself because of the years of depression I have suffered is because I am one of the few that is able to understand how someone who is suicidal feels and I know that I can help that person. I have had many friends come to me because they know I have been there, and it makes me happy that I can help someone who is suffering because I suffered.

Originally posted by Livz in XTC:
I think when a person is severly depressed, the hardest thing is finding someone who understands how they feel, because it is true, you dont understand it unless you have been there.
I know that exact feeling. As someone who has been diagnosed as clinically depressed I know it all too well. Nothing is worse than feeling like you are nothing to the world and that no one can help. And it's hard to come out and say your feelings without people saying like "your crazy". Maybe people just dont understand suicidal thoughts and the like. They can't.
One must get help, or learn to help themselves. I myself never felt comfortable talking to anyone about things. Psychologists made me uncomfortable. The worst part of my depression (cases may vary) was the feeling of isolation, how no one could relate to me.
Anyway, feelings are only temporary. Never act upon them. Also, dont take drugs to make yourself feel better. Itll make you feel that much worse after (not to sound cliche).
If anyone ever needs to talk to someone about anything email me at [email protected] . Ill be more than willing to talk, and Ill be glad to help anyone I can.

Telling a depressed person to 'look on the bright side' and that there is no possible reason to commit suicide is pointless. Instead of more restrictions, like 'don't use drugs to make yourself feel better' they need less restrictions. They should do whatever the fuck they want to. Any change is better than remaining in the state they are in. They need to loose all obligations and take control away from the Happy Successful People - if they are going to die, they might as well have some last moments of freedom, the kind of freedom that society will never give you. Embrace survivalism, realize at heart we are all just animals trying to impose our will on eachother. If it feels like it hurts you, then it hurts you, no matter what words it may speak. If you are going down, take your destroyer with you, and you might just give hope to someone else.