• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Sudden random ap induced long term anhedonia

MeDieViL

Bluelighter
Antipsychotics are awefull, i used zyprexa for a while, at first i liked how it modulated amphetamine, then it blocked the anti anhedonic effect off stims and allways took 2 days before i could enjoy anything again when i took stims, but kept on going back to it for sleep, then randomly it chronically induced some state of meh i want to the time to pass, instead oh im enjoying this, i want it to last longer, i recovered my enjoyment for music with nsi198 but still in that constant neutral non enjoyment state, the internet is full of reports of aps randomly inducing long term anhedonia ajnd other isses over random ammounts of time, a few days even, its not really neurotoxic damage, they just shift the brain in a differened state.

The internet is full of anecdotes like this, slow recovery over months with fish oil and magnesium is reported but i dont have time, its some shift that occured in the brain, for example benzo withdrawal can randomly shift some random effects temporary during it like sexual reward.

Well anti psychotics have been shown to induce DeltaFosB in D2 MSNs, I wonder if this is playing a role...

NMDA antagonists or other dopaminergics might help reverse this. I'd hate to say do some cocaine or something but that is an option. Unfortunately there is just the whole addiction thing, as well as anhedonia during withdrawal, but after the receptors themselves up regulate I would think the anhedonia has a chance of being improved from baseline...