• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subutex

Slumerican96

Bluelighter
Hey I'm 3 days clean off of subutex. Tryin to quit but im sick. Will opiates such as hydrocodone get me high?

If you are in withdrawal than you will be able to get high. The more withdrawal you are in, obviously, the more of a high you will be able to achieve. I don't recommend it, but that is my opinion.

It really depends upon what dose of buprenorphine you were on, for how long and what dose of hydrocodone you would take.

Assuming you stopped at 2 mg or less per day (hopefully, I can’t even imagine how bad the withdrawals would be from a higher dose), than low doses of hydrocodone should at a minimum stop the withdrawals.

I guess the question would be, are you three days off buprenorphine by choice with the intent to get clean or forced due to factors beyond your control? If it’s the former, I’d suggest trying exercise or some other activity that brings you joy first and try to keep on keeping on. If it’s the latter, then by all means hydrocodone should at a minimum help with the withdrawals, if not allow some decent euphoria as well.

If by chance you were forced to stop at 16 mg (or more) mg per day, and if this is the case then I can only emphasize with how miserable that would be, then you would still have decent mu-opioid receptor blockade and hydrocodone dose would need to be adjusted to compensate.

Yeah like 8 to 16 mg a day for past 3 weeks. 4 days without now. Not feelin so hot. Lmao this drug is the fucking worst. And this is coming from am ex meth iv user