• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Subutex withdrawls

mtop2036

Bluelighter
Been on subs for about 6 and half months. Was at 18mg and am my fourth day at 1.25mg. I thought most people don't get withdrawals around the 1ishmg mark with his strong low dose subs can be. Now I've had made some big jumps down usually do at least 1/4 to 1/2 of my current dose which can cause wds like we all know. But from 3 to 2 to1.5 and now to 1.25 have all given me diffrent levels of wds. The last three have even give me bowel problems we all know and live. And some of my bigger jumps did as well like 16 to 10.

My question is i though most people do well on low dose subs? I hadn't been on it that long but was on methadone before that for allmost 10 years. One point at 130mg. Maybe it's just my tolerance?

I know it'll pass in a few more days like all the other jumps down. Just surpirsed. People always talk about how people don't usually need more than 1mg.

Also I've gotten this far down in only about 4 months. It's fast enough that it's given me high blood pressure which I have to take meds now for. I'm sure that plays in to it somehow

Thanks

if your plan is to stay on them id rather maintain on a low dose than a high one, i dont get shit for effects from any dose anymore, just decreased wd symptoms, but at least low dose has fewer side effects and is easier to come off eventually. but if youre uncomfortable go back up to where you feel "normal" and then slowly bring it down again when youre ready

Everyone here talks about how strong subs are and how lower is better, which I get. I'm just surprised a lot of people have claimed to gotten down to 1mg -.5mg with 0 withdrawls. But that hasn't been the case for me.

How many of you have felt withdrawals from going down?

And I'm trying to get off 100%