• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Subutex/Suboxone treatment WITHOUT mandatory meetings

eBagger

Bluelighter
The only time I got it prescribed before (from recommendation from someone I was buying it from) it was from a doctor who ran NA meetings at a church style event, and you were required to attend 5 days a week and also for a pill count on sundays and a sunday service. If you didn't he would reduce pills, which is kind of fucked up.

Are most programs like this, or are there ones where they just give you the script and occasionally have check ins, or once a week meetings?

Not sure about subtext but all methadone clinics require you to go to meetings..I hated that aspect of it as the meetings were a joke, ran by a counselor who didn't even know what Paws were..the main thing accomplished by the meetings were allowing the patients to find new drug hookups..hardly anyone was clean at my clinic..I'm sure some NA meetings are great though but why don't you want to go?do you really want to get clean?

I'm already clean for 2 1/2 years. Thinking of going back for the tex. In chronic pain and depression, subutex used to help, just stopped because I wanted to try sobriety again and now i'm on shitty antidepressants that I don't believe in. I was on tex for 2 1/2 years and no matter what like 1/16th of a pill always helped my pain and elevated my mood. Considering I usually made 2 pills last like a week, when I got a script of 60 a month it lasted a long time. Life has sucked even worse without subutex. The only good thing is I'm no longer tethered which feels good, but instead of worry about withdrawing or feeling shitty, I just feel a baseline shitty that never stops.

Ive been forced into many Christian programs and I have not been or heard of a suboxone program that does that. Ive been in 4 different suboxone programs and the strictest one scripted me a weeks worth of sub, while drug testing me when I came in eachmweek. Currently I'm enrolled in a private physicians suboxone program. He can only see 100 patients and its cash only, of course, and he writes me a months worth at a time. The one you attend sounds like a christian physician who has authority to prescribe subs and holds his patients to ultra strict rules. Even though his intentions may be well, that is fucked up that he takes subs away as "punishment" meetings aren't generally required, but programs do encourage some sort of therapy or counseling. I would look into a more standard program and not headed by a firm religious doctor cause alot of Drs will attempt to project that in a way towards patients...in my experience of course!

Dude, I'd hate to live where you are!! I cracked it with my sub dr for having to attend a pharmacy every day for two weeks before I could get my five t/a doses.

I see my dr every 2-3 weeks, I'm taking it for pain & mood too. No meetings, drug counts, urine tests where I am thankfully. I have to allow around four hrs (including travel & wait time), to see her. I don't have time for the other stuff!

Rtp

5 mandatory meetings each week that are not evidenced based is extremely unprofessional. As well I don't know how a provider is allowed to require a client to attend 5 NA groups in one week. Is individual therapy a requirement? It should be and in many states you can not continue to get prescribed Suboxone without monthly IT. This provider must be cash only. If he does accept Medicaid or Medicare I have a hard time understanding how he can legally require a client to go to a voluntary group that is outside of the program and is not evidenced based 5 times in one week. Do you pay for your visits with insurance or cash? I attend a program that requires weekly evidenced based groups and monthly therapy as well as weekly UA's. These groups are based on mindfulness and cognitive behavioral techniques. They are covered by insurance. The providers at the group I attend can not legally make anyone go to AA or NA though they encourage clients to participate in 12 step groups. Find a new prescriber who is completely evidenced based and accepts your insurance. Then go to 12 step meetings on your own free time in a voluntary manner. Is this provider aware of NA's stance regarding opiate replacement therapy? If not he can find such information in the following link. https://www.na.org/?ID=bulletins-bull29

Last edited:
I just hate the taste, ffs I would rather it taste like chemicals should. Same principle as cooking a meal - some combinations are inexcusable, Lime and bupe is a fine example....one has to drink strong coffee and chain smoke to try and repair the train wreck that are by taste buds...poor lil things.

Not sure about subtext but all methadone clinics require you to go to meetings
not true. They require on site dosing usually at first, but not groups as far as I know. I know for sure the one I sent to doesn't care if you're not in support groups just that you are seeing a case worker and random urine tox. Honestly this methadone place that forces you to groups sounds wrong. What someone had ls a job that prevents them from going to the meetings? Are they refused while a street person not making an effort to help anyone nor themselves would be accepted as of they are more deserving fit being able to make the meetings?

Never had to go to a meeting AT ALL the whole time, was on bi-monthly scripts for a while, back to once a month get my medicine all at once....I WOULD NOT deal with all that bullshit of having to go to all those meetings or having to see the doc every week or some shit like that, I would just go on done if I had to do all that shit for Subs... and pill counts would never be a problem for me I don't see how they would for anyone unless they were selling them, and I know a few people who went on done without mandatory meetings think they had to see a counseler or something but thats it, they were always to the clinic and right back honestly.