• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Subutex still not showing up on drug test

mtop2036

Bluelighter
First off just want make clear I'm not asking in any way of how to pass a drug test, falsely, or alter a drug test in anyway.

A few weeks ago I made a post of how subutex wasn't showing up in my tests at the clinic. They don't allow you to be on anything under 2mg. When I made that post i was on .75mg. I figured I was just under the range they test for.

So I went to my doctors and told him wants going on. He ordered a urine test for me from who he claims is the #1 drug testing facility in america.

I find out today that it's not showing up on that test either.

My question is what's going on? Surely there has to be some of you in the .75mg range who have had it show up in tests.

If .75mg is to low to show up my current dose of .37mg surely won t show up either.

I'm using the water method(crush pill and mix with water and put solution under tounge) surely that shouldn't make a diffrence. Especially since using that method i could feel it when I was on 1.5mg to 1.25mg

Is it simply from being on a low dose? Most likely will be kicked out of my clinic because of this. Definitely worried.

Suboxone doesn’t often show up on urine screens.! Explain this to the doctor, and maybe raise your dose. Take it in front of him and let him see it doesn’t show up

Suboxone doesn?t often show up on urine screens.! Explain this to the doctor, and maybe raise your dose. Take it in front of him and let him see it doesn?t show up

I appreciate the advice but I can't raise my dose. I'm trying to get off, used to be at 18mg. I've made it so far that I feel like raising my dose even just 1 time would be a big step backwards for me. Since they don't allow you to be lower than 2mg, I would have to take at least 2mg in front of them. That's like 5.5x what I'm on now. Hopefully I can get lower before I'm booted out.

Can you ask if they're testing for buprenorphine itself or a metabolite? Are they using GC/MS or another method? What's their cut off?

The test must be a gcms or lcms or else screen results are meaningless almost on their own. The cutoff for bupe and norbupe needs to be 1 to 4 ng/mL

.75 is low...possibly too low to show up but this has so many factors playing into it.

Can you get a friend that is clean to dose high and you use their urine? Can you dose high just for one day? Then dont take sub for like 2 days. This shouldn't fuck your taper up too badly. If you only do it 1x per month

It's very sad that you are trying to get off of a highly addictive opioid (sub) and your "doctor" wont support that.

I can almost guarantee you that bupe norbupe are showing up in your chromatogram (raw data) but it is just below cutoff so the automated software Mark's your result as negstive.

You could ask the lab for the chromstogram and show the doctor. He may or may not understand this type of data, more likely that he will not.

Last edited:
^ without liquid 2mg won't be as strong as you think. Bite the bullet and do it once, for your sake

I was IV'ing byupe, fairly large doses and ~ 10-15 hours later I took a test and failed

Buprenorphine doesn't always show up in UA, FACT

Sorry I should of been more specific. I'm talking about 2 places. First the methadone/suboxone clinic is where my uas as showing no subutex. Because of this I went to my primary care and he did a ua and it didn't show up their either. I think I'm just on to low of a dose.

And while I appreciate the advice, I don't think me taking 5.5x of subs would be good for me or anyone trying to taper. Plus my tests are random so I wouldn't even know what day to take 2mg.

But I definitely agree that it's utter bullshit i might be booted out for doing the right thing. I mean I'm 5.5x lower than anyone else on subs in the whole place and lower than probably 98% of the other people on methdone.