• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Subutex questions

mtop2036

Bluelighter
Hey. So long story short went from 130mg methadone down to 54mg, then was switched to 18mg subutex while in the hospital. I've been going down, I'm at 16mg but have been doing some days with 14mg. Tomorrow I'll be on 14mg until next week, then I'll be down to 12mg and so on and so on.

I've been trying to find out subutex equivalency but have found multiple study's saying different things. I'd like to know it's ratio compared to methadone but any other ratio will work as well. Ive read the buprenophrine megathread and could find an answer.

Also those of you who have fully tapered off it like to hear how it went for you. From what I've read withdrawls are about 2 weeks. Is this true? Sounds much easier than a month+ worth of methadone withdrawls.

My doctor said he would most likely be willing to prescribe a 1 time benzo prescription to help get me through. I would only take them if I absolutely have to but am wondering if it might be a better idea to first try a small dose of kratom before the benzos but am worried that would be taking a step backwards. Or how about a small dose of lope? What would you do?

If I had to take a small dose of subutex, I know if I have lope in my system i might get PW. But how about with kratom?

Also does anyone get sick from taking their buprenophrine? Some times I get hot/sweaty/nausea and of course constipation some days but I also have gastroparesis so it could be from that.

I used to get bad headaches everyday after taking it but that has gone away since I stopped swallowing the left over spit.

I'm so sick and tired of everything that goes along with this crap and can't wait to get off. Could use any advice i can get. THanks

Fyi: Also while on mobile I there is no option to pick a thread prefix so im unable to make a thread on tablet. Anyone else have this issue?

I would like to know the mg for mg equivalency of subutex tablets compared to suboxone strips. I know they're supposed to be exactly the same, but I swear mg for mg the suboxone is stronger probably due to it having better absorption.

Ok this is fucked up. I went down to 14mg at the clinic but it's been my third day at 14mg. And I've been high as a kite all day. Not just kinda of high but uncomfortable high. Like its so much I'm sick. I know people here say the less you take the stronger it is but holy shit. This cannot be normal anyone else have this happen?

^less is more is true to an almost extreme extent for me, I used to not get anything out of my usual 10mg plugged and when I got down to like 4 or 2mg I started getting high again. High doses are super wasteful

Mind you I was dosing about once a week so for you it probably took a few days for your blood levels to actually get lower and to feel this effect since you take it everyday

Man that's nuts i truly didn't understand the whole more is .less until yesterday. I'm curious what's going to happen today. No clinic today so I'm going to go down to 10-12mg today. I go back to the clinic the next day and can't officially go down until monday. While I'm there I'll just sneak in th bathroom and take some of the pills out and toss em.

So most likely this will probably continue to happen as I keep going down right? I can't keep up to more days like yesterday that shit was nuts

That shit is "stacking" up in your system...you lose roughly 30% of the bupe in 24 hr. period

so, if you take 16 mg 3 days in a row you still have at least 14 - 15 mg in you

Edit: probably best to dose 1 - 2 mg an hour till you start to feel some comfort...

So in the past 10 days I'm 1mg short of having cut my dose in half. I'm at my second day of 10mg and still feeling high. Any idea when this is gonna stop or what my i should be on to feel sober?