• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Subutex - looking for experience with a big dose change.

monkeybackisland

Greenlighter
Hey, so I've been taking my subutex prescription without really monitoring what I've been taking as I thought I had plenty, but I must have been taking 12-16mg per day for the last month or so. I can't get a doctors appointment for 9 days, and I've only got enough left for 2mg per day.

I'm just hoping that I won't get too sick as I have so much crap to do, including trying to be upbeat and friendly during the weekend at my in laws... Has anyone else dropped down in dose that severely on here? Wondering what I can expect. I'm trying to keep a positive mindset that i'll be just fine, but I've fucked it and I don't know how this 9 day stretch is really going to go...

Thanks in advance! Really hope someone will have some answers :/

After loads of searching I did find the thread with the alcoholic solution increasing bioavailability, which was useful so i'll give that a go tomorrow. If anyone has any other tips to increase the b/a i'd much appreciate it. Also still hoping someone out there has gone from a high dose to a much lesser so i'll be v stoked to hear from you.

Yeah I know, that's not the point of this... I'm trying to avoid getting withdrawal symptoms. I'm prescribed subutex because I was using heroin. So all it does is keep me getting sick.

Yeah I know, that's not the point of this... I'm trying to avoid getting withdrawal symptoms. I'm prescribed subutex because I was using heroin. So all it does is keep me getting sick.
Subs are pretty unremarkable as I recreational drug IMO.

You should be on daily pick up at the start to avoid this scenario and then move to 3 times a week when you stabilise, I would phone the Dr be honest and put all your cards on the table, 2 mg for 9 days wont work trust me.

You should be on daily pick up at the start to avoid this scenario and then move to 3 times a week when you stabilise, I would phone the Dr be honest and put all your cards on the table, 2 mg for 9 days wont work trust me.
Yeah, in France where I live they don't do daily. Nor supervised consumption. Oh well. I've been meaning to get off bupe for a while now, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

Yeah, in France where I live they don't do daily. Nor supervised consumption. Oh well. I've been meaning to get off bupe for a while now, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

Dude Bupe withdrawl is awful 10 times worse than H , I jumped of at 0.4 and it was a 3 day heart pounding skin burning panic attack, on the doses you are taking its going to be horrific, can you get any Gabapentin, pregabilin and Diazepam you are going to need it.

I was planning to go to the Dr as soon as I noticed anyway, but the practice is closed until next monday so I'm pretty much fucked. I can see another doc for some benzos but unlikely I'll get gaba/pregab. On the bright side everything is prescribed monthly so if I go for one benzo they give you 28. I have no other real option than to suffer through these 9 days and then when I see my usual doctor, seriously taper down. (slowly)

I was planning to go to the Dr as soon as I noticed anyway, but the practice is closed until next monday so I'm pretty much fucked. I can see another doc for some benzos but unlikely I'll get gaba/pregab. On the bright side everything is prescribed monthly so if I go for one benzo they give you 28. I have no other real option than to suffer through this 9 days and then when I see the doctor seriously taper down. (slowly)

You are going to end up in the ER mate, I am not trying to frighten you just being realistic. You need to get help from a DR or someone before you run out.

edit, or back on Heroin

Dude Bupe withdrawl is awful 10 times worse than H , I jumped of at 0.4 and it was a 3 day heart pounding skin burning panic attack, on the doses you are taking its going to be horrific, can you get any Gabapentin, pregabilin and Diazepam you are going to need it.
Jesus, I really hope it's not as bad as that. I cold turkey quit a 1.5g a day H habit and didn't end up in the ER, though I couldn't get up off the bathroom floor for 4 days and even then could barely function a crawl for another 4. I'll try making some calls tomorrow and see if there's any way I can get anything. This has happened to me before but only 3 days, and I had nothing at all. The anxiety really did keep me bedridden. Fuck fuck fuck. I know I could get a train to the north of paris and find stuff in the street but I think I'd rather go to the ER than get back into that scene. Thanks for enlightening me though, I guess I can't just ride this one out as easily as I thought.

Why can you not phone the Dr that prescribed them? I'm sure they have seen this before and will understand your situation.

Hey, so I've been taking my subutex prescription without really monitoring what I've been taking as I thought I had plenty, but I must have been taking 12-16mg per day for the last month or so. I can't get a doctors appointment for 9 days, and I've only got enough left for 2mg per day.

I'm just hoping that I won't get too sick as I have so much crap to do, including trying to be upbeat and friendly during the weekend at my in laws... Has anyone else dropped down in dose that severely on here? Wondering what I can expect. I'm trying to keep a positive mindset that i'll be just fine, but I've fucked it and I don't know how this 9 day stretch is really going to go...

Thanks in advance! Really hope someone will have some answers :/

Hey monkeybackisland, you say you have enough to take 2mg a day.? I would recommend taking 4mg every other day and you will be able to make it. You will not end up in the ER.! you might not feel as good as you normally do, but you will make it to your next Doctors appt. Subutex has a long half life of up to 36 hours. Just try not to let it happen again. Cheers

Why can you not phone the Dr that prescribed them? I'm sure they have seen this before and will understand your situation.
So where I live (Paris) a doctor is usually an individual doctor in an apartment block somewhere. They usually get substitutes if they’re on holiday but my doctor said that she has no one to cover so they’ll be closed for a week... thankfully I managed to get in touch with her via email tonight and she’s arranged for me to see another doctor who’ll pass the prescription to me. Crisis averted! Thanks for the warnings though, and thanks OpiumKing! The 4mg/2d idea is a good one, i was planning to do something similar (go as long as I could comfortably go without then take however many 2mgs I had built up). I’ll get a pill box and try to be less idiotic in the future. It’s not like going over my dose makes me feel anything at all it’s just my broken mind. That and I have too much time on my hands. Cheers dudes

That's great glad you worked it out! don't take more than you are prescribed in the future maybe give your medication to someone you trust and see every day to give you your daily amount

I'm glad you averted the crisis and your doctor is helping out. I highly suggest lowering your dose though. I was on Suboxone for pain so it is different but I was on 32mg daily. When I finally got myself down to 1.5mg daily I was amazed. You actually feel the norbuprenorphine and your receptors aren't saturated in entirety. In other words, while it is no heroin, the Suboxone almost causes euphoria and at the very least creates a sense of peace. The higher the dose, the less it benefited me.

I am not sure of your prescribed dose, but if you could get yourself down to 4MG a day you may find it beneficial. I am glad you have gotten off of heroin and Bupe is a great drug in that regard. I am wishing you the best