• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Subutex/Klonopin Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dope

Greenlighter
ive been taken subutex 8mg 3 times a day for a few months now and i went to the doc today and he gave me a script for klonopin 2mg so now i am taking both and ive read around and really havent gotten a good awnser i know there is interactions between the two but can be taken in the right doses. Ok here's my question i have head that takeing subutex and any benzo will inhance the opiate effect is this true or falf could somebody get me so accurate information on the subject. Thank's in advance.

Last edited:
I'm on suboxone, have been for about 2 years now, and I've been on benzo's for over 7 years now. I'm actually on suboxone and klonopin right now. I've been lowering my suboxone dosage over time though so I'm down to about 8mgs a day and 3mgs of klonopin a day.

I have never noticed anything because I've always had a high tolerance to both opiates and benzo's. But, if you don't have a benzo tolerance and you're on an opiate you will feel the effects more-so. If you're not dipping out on an opiate, taking a benzo with it will more than likely make ya start to dip out.

Now I know suboxone/subutex isn't an oxy 80, but hopefully you get the idea. You will be fine if you're doctor is giving you this stuff and you ease into it. Just don't go taking a handful of klonopin with your subutex thinking everything is going to be okay... tolerance is a big deal here trust me.

-dp

I used to have to take a nap after taking suboxone and xanax. I was on 2mgs xanax for over 2 years before starting 16mg suboxone. I could not stay awake in the morning after taking my dose, and it wasn't like a good nodding out, well it atleast wasn't good since I was in class and the professor saw me with my head down. Others have reported the need for a nap after taking the two, so make sure you get plenty of sleep or you too may require a nap.... But hey, everybody is different.

i do have a very hi tolerance to opiates ive done them for years but this is the first time ive been taken subutex well ive been on them for a lil over a month and i guess i would say my tolerance for benzo's have gotten low because i havent taken them in about 4 months now. but i was qurious with my situation what pill would add more effect to feeling a more opiate or more klonopin buzz from them. i was told that the 2 drugs intensifies one of the drugs feeling and that is what i need to know.

I have recently been given a scrip for buprenorphine. Having just filled it, I'm a bit surprised to find that it is neither suboxone, or subutex, but simply buprenorphine HCl. Is this squared off Roxane Laoratories bottle just that of a generic? This is my first personal scrip I admit, but I have just never seen such "plain" dispensing, if you will. Anyone else receive their's like this?

generic subutex is a round pill with 54 411 on one side and the other side is blank so it could be the brand name subutex

Really!? Without it written anywhere on the label? Thanks! I was a
bit worried that I had received some
sort of unsanctioned one-off. I've got exactly what you've described, though. Thanks D!

Last edited:
i still havent gotten my question awnsered i wanted to know when im takeing subutex and then i take klonopin will it boost the opiate in the subutex so i could maybe get a buzz off of the subutex. or does the subutex boot the effects of the klonopin? plz awnser ASAP

Clonazepam and buprenorphine will synergize to some degree.

You may be able to take less buprenorphine for a similar effect when taking your clonazepam.

This way you may only need 8mg or less per day.

This is a question that could have gone well in the Suboxone Mega Thread.

I don't personally like clonazepam, most other benzos are better IMO. I'm going to go ahead and close this, if you still have questions feel free to PM me, but I feel that it's been adequately answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.