• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Subutex amphetamine and pregnant

CuriousJo

Greenlighter
I'm gonna try to make this Informative as possible but I'm sorry it's long and I did refrain from too much history. so here that goes!
I started suboxone 4 years ago at 2mg. Unknowingly (making things worse)
I asked dr to increase my dose hoping I could continue feeling that euphoria,
since I would become used to each dose and be left craving...
I'm not sure why suboxone got me so high to begin with but that's neither here or there... so, after 2 years on suboxone and having my dose increased little by little I reached my current dose of 12mg/day.
And the amphetamines? I was diagnosed ADHD at age 13- so i took adderal as a teen for just a year. I had a child when I was still a child myself at age 15 & was sober until I was 21. Then had my opiate addiction and then got subs at age 22 then After being on subs for 2 years And then being used to the Meds but craving something (anything really) I got weak one day & knew a friend had some adderal and I wanted the energy so I took one.
To my surprise the stimulant made me feel identical to how I felt when I was high on opiates (or high from my suboxone dose which I wasn't & am not able to achieve anymore.)
I didn't expect to feel such euphoria since as a kid when I took the stimulant I felt energy but more of a "raw" energy without any "happy" feelings. Idk, so here I am having been on sub 4 years and now having been taking some sort of stimulant (which is now my own prescription of vyvanse 70mg) for 2 years..
& to top it all off I am now also pregnant after having 2 miscarriages due to endometriosis... I am currently a day shy of being 9 weeks pregnant.
I hate how the vyvanse increases my heart rate but I hate how I can't get out of bed without it and any dose shy of the 70mg only last a small majority of the day at best.
I am also wondering if taking a stim while taking subutex could be doing more harm than good in terms of my overall happiness/tolerance/ etc...
Obviously I felt the stimulant- while taking suboxone but I also felt I didn't need the suboxone any more for the time the stimulant high was felt.
However for the past 6 months or so I seem to be feeling the beginning of withdrawals and having to take more Meds to counteract the horrible anxiety, cold sweats and over all feeling of disphoria.
It seems the sub has become my crutch as well to avoid undesirable effects of the vyvanse but I'm not sure I just know taking more sub takes the feelings that are powerfully negative in nature away to some degree but those feelings do return the next day-2.
I also of course would love to be off all medications and give birth to a healthy happy baby.
But first I feel I need to get my Meds under control to where I'm not feeling sick a few days of the week as if my dose isn't enough all the sudden.
Are some bupe tablets known to be better than others that anyone can give insight too from recent use or discovery? My sis is a pharmacist & does admit all generics can fluctuate by 30% (in active ingredients)
I am also aware that being at a lower dose is most desirable and I also feel best at a lower dose. I had managed to get back down to 4mg just 8-9 months ago but began slowly taking more again (like an idiot).
Now that I'm pregnant however I desire lowering my dose again and staying there for good (if not weaning completely) BUT each time I try (the same way I had tried successfully before)
I feel now wind up sick?
despite not feeling sick the last time around and dropping my dose from 12mg to 6mg over night.( then to 4mg and on some days getting away with 2mg) I was also on vyvanse during this time as well.
What would be the best way to decrease dose while pregnant? Or is this possible? I'm surely not really needing a higher dose despite the feeling I "need" more??

*I know the sickness and anxiety/ cold sweats aren't pregnancy related.
I've even had a fever tied to the early withdrawal like symptoms but I'm not understanding why unless taking these two Meds together gives anyone any clues?
Thank you so much to anyone who takes the time to read this!! I appreciate your time and any insight u can provide!
I understand those who reply aren't "drs" & cabt give medical advice but if you would please share what u may or may not know or what u may do in my situation that's very appreciated!!

Last edited:
It's hard to say what the best method of tapering would work best for you. Everyone's different and every pregnancy is, too. Your prescribing doctor may want you to stay on the subutex but your obstetrician may disagree. The fact that you're also on vyvanse makes your situation a bit more complex. Welcome to Bluelight and congratulations!
(Homeless --------- > Other Drugs)

Don't withdrawal cold turkey from the opiates at this stage of your pregnancy, the risk of miscarriage is real. I've miscarried this way before, while detoxing hard.

Decrease dosage as much as you can tolerate, however, without feeling sick... Your baby will withdrawal too. But if you can taper to a pretty low dose, you're more likely to avoid this.

I tapered opiates with one baby, and the other I stayed on a high dose the entire pregnancy. Just FYI, the baby I tapered with got to go home in 3 days, but my other did 5 weeks in the nicu getting tapered. It was awful to see him suffer for my actions this way.

Not shaming, I've just been there & am sharing my experiences.

The subutex doesn't raise a cause for concern as the amphs do. The 1st trimester is so important for the development stage for you baby, so using Amphs would cause concern for the little bean's heart.
No, we're not doctors to give you the best medical advice, but can offer HR.
Have you seen an OBGYN yet? Just be honest about the amps.
Instead of quitting cold turkey or putting your body into shock from withdrawals, figure out a taper/dosage plan under medical supervision. Perhaps there's a sweet spot that you can dose safely that'll keep withdrawals at bay, but still make you feel fine physically/mentally.

Pregnancy hormones, brain fog, body changes , they'll probably play a huge role in "euphoria", which you may not feel until you deliver. Just play it safe and remember....as your little bean develops, it will become addicted, too.
That's why it's so important to get sorted in the 1st trimester.