Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Subtle pains from Meth

Deformed_Neuron

Ex-Bluelighter
Hiyas, this is kinda like... my first thread on Bluelight, so please bear with me;)

Ok, so here goes... I occasionally do smoke Methamphetamine (usually called "Ice" around these parts) and have an absoloute ball of a time.

I'm completely aware of how dangerous and addictive the stuff is... not to mention how god-damn expensive it can be as well.
When I buy the stuff it's usually in a half a gram to a gram (I never buy in points, as I have a tendencey to crave after smoking, not good I know.)

Anyways, I'll get to the point already.
After having a bit of a hellish "sesh" in the garage, my mates and I notice that we get a real vague subtle pain in the extremeties (lower legs, feet, arms, etc..) and it's really annoying the absolute shit out of me.

I only smoke this stuff once in a blue moon, but when I smoke it, it's usually an "all-night blinder", meaning we sometimes go throughout half a gram over a course of about two days. (not reccomended)

I was wondering if this was a common occurence as I have mentioned it to other circles of friends and they look at me as though I'm losing the plot??
If so... can you please explain to me why it's doing this? It's kinda annoying and frightens me a bit, which kinda boosts the anxiety effects of the drug.
Cheerz;-)

Not sure what causes it, but it's probably a combination of the vasoconstrictive effects of meth (i.e. reduced circulation) and magnesium depletion.

Do a search for "magnesium" and you'll get lots of info about the best supplements; having a warm shower when needed will help warm your extremities too :)

Thanks Aunty

I suggest reading up on the pharmacology of meth. Regardless of what form of administration, prolonged bingeing will result in high plasma levels. At the extremities (fingers, toes) you have very constricted capillaries, yet your heart is pumping hard. It's not hard to see where the pain might then originate.

Being an old guy, I find a lower dose of meth actually decreases joint/muscle pain considerably. Despite the constrictive effects, I find my flexibility increases, as does my overall threshold of pain, but I also notice this fatigue/pain returns with a vengeance during the comedown :\

if u are so sure how bad it is for u, and how addictive it is, u wouldnt be smoking it. stop while your ahead (if u arnt behind already).

Hey guys, seriously... thanks for the reply. I will be more than sure to do some more thorough research of the drug.

I do have some basic knowledge of the pharmacology of the drug, but I suppose you can never have too much information now... can you??

abcdeee:- Honestly mate, I am so sure of the bad effects of Methamphetamine. But, I, like many other people sometimes make risky decisions in order to have fun.

I do know that there are many other ways to "have a ball", but as I stated above it is on a rare occasion, I have never had any other problems of Meth and if I do happen to notice these pains in the extremeties, it's usually at the point I won't touch any more.

I still do have intentions of using Meth, but maybe I should really maybe cut down to a little bit less before it gets to this point. It's just I have soooooo much damned fun when using the stuff ( I don't condone it however in any way).

I honestly can see how pschologically addictive this drug can be, it does have that sorta "More-ish" effect after smoking even just a little crumb of the stuff. But... like most things, unfortunately there are some drawbacks, pain being one of them.

Once again, thanks for the informative replies fellas. I will try to monitor my usage a little more.;-)

Hi Deformed_Neuron

I'll try to give you some good advise. If you are going to choose to do meth. Then be very careful about getting addicted. Trust me I know. It sneaks up on you, and when it does, you still don't even see it.

I never though id EVER be addicted to any drug, but guess what? I am

Say to yourself one day, and really think about it. "Am I really going to be able to quit taking meth for good?" Or more to the point, will you even want too? I really mean watch yourself.

I was in your position once, and where am I now? A meth addict thats where. Took me a long while to addict it though.

Ok thats enough from me,
If I knew back before I started using meth what I know about it now. I would never have started using it!

I don't have much time, but a quick note - a lot of pain and other fucked up shit results from anxiety from meth. For example, many people experience acheing in the chest. I used to get this too.... until, I chilled out and relaxed a bit. Its not angina as someone foolishly tried to suggest on this forum some time ago, and my guess its little to do with vesco-constriction either. If it did, it would be a pretty strong signal that something is about to pop!

Same goes for fucked up breathing in meth smokers. Your lungs aren't fucked... its your CNS that's fucked, so you better learn to control it, otherwise you'll be stuck with either constantly trying to get a deep breath, running out of breath, or not being able to yawn properly since you've used up all your deep breaths.

This is only my opinion and not a fact, but I've had a lot of experience in this and experimented a lot with myself....

Anyways, hope this relieves some worries from people, cause I was sure as fucked freaked out when it started happening to me.

^^^ you start thinking that you are not getting enough air and it feels like you need to take extra deep breaths to satisfy yourself all the time. this is during and after meth use. So if you've just taken 5 deep satisfying breaths in a row and you go yawn, you won't get that satisfying long intake of oxygen which will really piss you off. Now all of this is part of anxiety aggravated by paranoia. All you have to do is conciously make yourself chill and take every breath a normal breath and all of a sudden you realise, everything is cool, and normal breath gives you way enough oxygen.

I should write a book on how to beat funny symptoms during and after meth use :)

Thanks heaps for the replies, I guess a whole myriad of things could contribute to this happening.

cyber26: Mate, you're not the only one that has been here, I have plenty of friends that have trouble with the over-powering psychologically addictive qualities of smoking Meth.
Mainly these people save up for about 2 weeks and then go out and buy a quarter of an ounce or something though.

My dealer sort of keeps an eye out for me though (he's a "proper" mate).
There have been times I have bought a gram off the guy and I've rang up 2 days later, strung out asking him if he can hook us up again. He always replies with "Nope, sleep it off man, I won't deal to you in another month or so." which IMO is pretty cool.

Usually when it gets to this point though, I will lock myself up in my room and get the UV fluro light out and try looking for little "crumbs" under the covers or on the ground.
I learned alot from doing this though, smoking table salt aint at all what you call the nicest tasting vapour, lol.

Ohh.. yeah. One more question, just a quicky.
Anyone notice that after you've been doing Meth/Ice, and you're all out of your lil stash, everything that even closely resembles the stuff "lights you up again", what I mean is, you kinda feel like scraping it up off the table of whatever and try smoking it?? I find this kinda funny:)

Hmm I havent ever really gotten many little pains from meth, but definately lots of muscle twitching.

Every time I've passed out on G however I wake up with a sore arse. I've never figured it out, anyone else had this experience?

Thanks for that explanation Runner. I feel like quite a novice having never got into smoking meth.

Oh.. and permanganate in DILUTE** sulphuric / peroxide for any shortage of oxygen ;)

**Conc will give you more anxiety than thought possible...on second thought... there's some really inexpensive oxygen systems 8(

I too, have been sucked into the rollercoaster wave which is meth addiction...... although not smoking. I got hooked on the rush from booting the shit up.

The reason ice tends to be so addictive (when you just crave and crave and crave after your initial dose) is alot of cooks tend to cut it with (disgustingly enough) - smack...... so u get your speedy rush and by the time the speedy part wears off, you are hanging for it again.... there starts the roadtrip to addiction.

The reason ice tends to be so addictive....

I don't wish to imply I know how your gear comes - adulterated etc, but I can say that meth needs no heroin present for it to be addictive. IMO cooks would rarely put heroin in meth. Heroin is too expensive and as already said, meth is addictive enough on it's own to see you coming back for more.

intravenous use has always been considered a very fast route to addiction with meth. You are administering a very fast acting powerful drug straight into the bloodstream, and it's the pharmacological actions of meth which make it so addictive.

Some users claim the form of administration makes a drug more or less addictive while others argue it's the actual act of administration which is the most addictive part. I do agree about the craving for more, even when snorting, but I think there's a lot to an individual's enjoyment of the ritual rather than being solely related to direct physiological responses to the drug.

Personally - although hardly the rush experienced with smoking or IV'ing - I prefer insufflation if intending to take meth. That is; to prepare a very low dose by mixing with a suitable cut. It's far from "the best" way to take it - usually considered to be mixing a small amount in a glass of water and drinking- but I find insufflation to be a good in-between. It gives an initial rush, but not too intense. The effect is felt within about 10-20 mins and last for ages.

Remember, meth is active in a <5mg dose if no tolerance exists. That's 1/20 of 1 point.

Meth has a long half life and , takes ~ 17 mins to peak in plasma concentrations, regardless of what method is used for administration (except for IV'ing). That leaves dosage (amounts) as the single most addictive part of meth use. Keep your dosage low, and in my experience, even a long duration of continual use shouldn't result in being trapped in a destructive cycle.

Doomgurl said:
The reason ice tends to be so addictive (when you just crave and crave and crave after your initial dose) is alot of cooks tend to cut it with (disgustingly enough) - smack...... so u get your speedy rush and by the time the speedy part wears off, you are hanging for it again.... there starts the roadtrip to addiction.

I've never seen meth cut with heroin. I always conduct reagent tests on my (and friends') gear and in five years, across several countries, states and cities it's always only tested as meth. As p_d said, your situation may be different but from my experience, smoking meth is addictive for two reasons: the ritual of consumption and the short duration of the high (followed by rapid onset of negative effects).

I'm with P_D, I don't think drugs are ever 'usually cut with smack' to make them more addictive. Even heroin would be more likely to be cut with something cheaper so the dealer can make a larger profit margin.

BigTrancer :)

This is getting way off topic now but friends of mine argue that shooting or smoking methamphetamine is more addictive than heroin anyway. I would tend to agree. You always want another hit 10 minutes after you've finished your last.

I find the pains and almost pins and needles affect meth can have are almost always associated with long binges. This could include a poor diet for a period of time and excess times sitting on ones ass or extended periods of some kind of activity. So I think phase_dancers explanation right at the start probably hits the nail on the head.

Also... just to add, I have noticed when having a "dib and a dab" at Methamphetamine especially, when I DO get to the point of feeling these pains, I suddenly realise that it's my body telling me that "Enough is Enough!!!!"

So... if anyone does feel these subtle (not excrutiating) pains from Meth, it's your body telling you that some really bad shit could happen if you keep it up. But, from what I understand, it's the Methamphetamine in your blood-flow resulting in poor blood circulation that causes these pains.

Once you feel these, just realise that having more... is not going to make them go away and you won't feel better.

Thanks for the input guys. :)

I went on a meth binge back in Febuary. I noticed my chest was becoming sore but ignored it. After about 4 - 6 more hours I started noticing that my left shoulder and arm was starting to become sore and ache. Again, I didn't take much notice of it and thought not to much of it.

About another 3 hours later my chest was aching badly, my arm was really sore and I was feeling extremely breathless. Near a point of passing out, sweating profusely and not being unable to control my heart rate what so ever I ended up in the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney in the Cardiology department extremely abnormal heart function, determined by an ECG, was hooked up to a heart monitor, given morphine and valium for the pain and relaxation and another drug to help my heart pump blood differently (I dont completely understand this) - After 12 hours I was allowe to leave and asked to come back for a follow up ECG to check my heart again.

Well - FUCK METH! Never again.

The doctor said to me that Meth has the ability to change the hearts electric pulse in a matter of second and cause permanet damage, or even instant cardiac arrest which he said he has seen often. Very uncool.

Take it easy on the meth my friend. Watch how much you smoke. It's all fun until someone gets hurt, or dies.

shals :D