• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Substituting Kratom for Oxycodone.

Cosmic Trigger

Bluelighter
Has anyone successfully made the switch? I've got a painful illness and have been on 20-30 mg Oxycodone per day for several months. I used to be a Kratom user and it really helped with sleep. Oxycodone on the other hand puts me into more of a nod rather than real solid sleep. As a result I'm always tired. Plus if I ever can quit using opiates down the road I'd rather have to detox off of Kratom as addiction is way less harsh and I have verified this from experience. I had a daily high dose Kratom habit for about a year and quit fairly easily.

So If you've made the switch or used Kratom to get off Opiates completely I'd like to hear from you and maybe what your protocol was. Thanks guys.

My Kratom experiences are limited, but it did not help me all that much, but neither did tramadol or codeine, so cold turkey was always the best way to recover for me. While I have serious chronic pain issues, I've always found opioid use to further increase my pain overall after time too, so I may be in a different category.

I also was on higher doses, and then used heroin as a cheap alternative, so my tolerance is likely well beyond yours. I would give it a try if you're dead set on continuing to use opiates, but as it seems you know you may have to quit eventually, you may be better of skipping it or just using when your pain is bad. Occasional use of kratom after getting clean from opiates will likely provide much more relief than a quick transition would, and both have withdrawal symptoms ultimately.

Well I'm an old psychonaut. I'm into my early 60s so the idea of being on opiates for the rest of my days is not as scary as it would be if I was still young. I never wanted to live past 65 anyway and I'm almost there. Still you never know. My plan is to cut my oxy use over the next couple of weeks down to 10 mg and then start using Kratom. I've always gotten very high off of it with good pain relief and find it comparable and preferable to the pharms. Thanks a lot for your input.