• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Subs to kratom or just stop

mtop2036

Bluelighter
So I'm trying to get off opiates. I'm down from my original dose of 18mg of subutex down to .08mg which is 225 times lower than what I started with. Thinking about possibly switching to kratom but have some concerns.

Lots of questions.

How is kratom with your stomach? Does it make you nauseous? How about constipation compared to subs? I have gastroparesis which doctors say is from my opiate use, either way if it is from subs any chance it'll be easier on kratom?

I've heard about people claiming they have switched from 2mg of subs to kratom with not to many issues. Surely i should have 0 issues switching from .08 right? Having never taken kratom what is the lowest dose o should be aiming for bland how many times a day?

I feel like I can get even lower on my sub dose which would make things even easier. Not sure if I should just continue tapering until I can't anymore then just quit with no kratom. Would it be easier coming off of .04 to .06 range of subs or kratom?

Sorry for so many questions, just want to ensure i can do this with the goal of 0 drugs eventully.

Thanks

If your goal is to get off opiates for good, I think you should skip the kratom. Kratom feels pretty decent and isn't going to be easily regimented like your subs. While I bet you could switch without withdrawals, it's likely kratom will juts become another compulsive habit that lurks around every headshop and a lot of gas stations these days. It has its own terrible wd symptoms and for me, the habits stuck around even after I've quit dope and stay away from physical dependence because kratom's everywhere and I don't see it like a "true" relapse, even though it totally is and gets me dopesick pretty quickly even though most of the buzz sucks. The lower you go tapering the subs the better, but after that I say bite the bullet and skip kratom altogether because it has plenty of its own bullshit that's going to make it harder for you to get completely clean. If you can get off the subs, I'd recommend naltrexone pills or a vivitrol shot to stay clean if you can beat the withdrawals at first, I've found it helpful in taming cravings for heroin and even more importantly now kratom because that's my go to after truly burning all bridges with drug connections. To give you an idea of why you should probably stay away from kratom, this dude is trying to kick kratom with suboxone, so you're just trading your problem for another if you try to use kratom. https://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/861452-I-conquered-KRATOM-with-Suboxone!

Good luck, and don't forget just how hard and important what you're doing really is.

Last edited:
Thanks I'll probably just stick with tapering. Anyone else have any ideas?

Kratom is much more managable to quit than suboxone. Im at work so ill expand on thos later

As mentioned above you could run the risk of switching one drug for another. If you buy a limited amount and schedule your doses it could possibly work.

I?ve been an addict over 6 years trying to get off myself. And have had my bouts with trading one for another. So props to you for getting that low on a sub dose.

If you aren?t, try splitting your sub dose or periodically increase the time between doses, until you feel comfortable with skipping days. And if you end up getting kratom. Don?t get more than you need or you?ll just end up back to square one. If you end up skipping a day and start to feel sick you could always take a lower dose than before if you don?t go kratom route.

We didn?t get to the point we did in a week or a month, and some people experience wds more severely than others as far as ?personal? pain tolerance goes. If the thought of impending longer minor sub wds is what feels intolerable even being at a low dose that you?re at due to the half life, then you could try subbing in kratom for 3-4 days after your last dose if needed. Maybe 3-6g 3 times a day. YMMV. I can take 9g and not feel anything from it cause it?s so weak. You stomach may not agree with it at first so def start on the lower end like 2g for first dose to get a feel for it if you even do feel it. But everyone?s different. Just know our brains will always try to make you reason to take more than needed, so don?t.

If you do end up switching. Write out a schedule of doses and amounts. Depending on your situation and with kratom it could be feasible, and again maybe not needed. Maybe others could expand on a dose schedule if this route is chosen.

I'd say keep lowering your subs. Subutex is designed to help taper you off opiates so is the best thing to use. By switching to kratom all you'll be doing is replacing one addiction with another.

This is just a quick post I didn't read any of the others so bear with me,

With Subs you're still going to feel the withdrawal effects it just takes the edge off. Kratom, however, if you get the right strand there will be zero withdrawal effects in my case. It is simply my experience and my opinion I don't know how it work out for you but I wish you the best.

18mg isn't 225 times more than 0.8mg, it's more like 20.

IMHO you should probably just stick with the subutex and keep lowering it all the way to 0.1 or even less. Sub is easier to taper with as they have a guaranteed amount of the opioid in. Kratom strength varies.

The most important thing is to go slow when tapering and you shouldn't notice too many withdrawal symptoms, if any at all!

I said .08mg not .8mg :) massive difference.

I'll probably just continue to get lower. Those of you who have jumped off subs, at what mg and how did it go?

At this point I'm only going down .01 at a time about every 5-10 days and definitely get wd from each jump. Surprised my body can still feel each jump down from being on such a low dose.

My original goal was to get to .25 now that I'm passed that my new goal is .06. Hopefully I can get even lower.

Oh I see! Well done in that case! I'd probably still just stick with the subs tho and slow down the decrease if possible until you're down to nothing. And don't beat yourself up if you feel you can't decrease at times, just keep going, you're in the right direction!