• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Suboxone withdrawals after only taking 1/3 for 2 days in a row?

Jack23

Greenlighter
Hello, I sometimes take a 1/3 to 1/2 of an 8mg strip of Suboxone for two days in a row (Friday and Saturday usually). I didn't think this would cause me any difficulty because that's all I do. I don't take any other opiates and I don't take the Suboxone on a daily basis. I only really take them because I have some problems with my stomach and they help keep me comfortable. I've been going to a GI dr and I'm working on figuring out what my issue is, but in the meantime, I'm using subs so I can at least function and go out on the weekends and have a bit of fun when I'm not working. I've been noticing that my stomach problems seem to just be continuous and now I'm wondering if perhaps I'm going through mild withdrawals from the Suboxone. I know I already had stomach problems, but I'm wondering if perhaps I'm making it worse by taking the 1/3-1/2 a sub for two days for some relief and then stopping for the week and starting again. Is it possible that I'm making my stomach problems worse by taking the subs? I guess my question is this: can I be withdrawing from Suboxone after taking so little for two days in a row and then taking it again 5-6 days later? I take it to get relief for my stomach, but maybe I'm just making it worse. Could someone please help? I've searched for an answer but nothing really seems to answer my question exactly. Thank you!

subs take a long time to fully leave the system, so if you're using them every other day or something like that there's still a chance to get hooked. do you use weekly? and more than once a week? could be...

I'm not used to this page. Did you say something after "could be.." or did you stop there? I'm sorry lol. I'm not very savvy with this posting on threads thing.

stopped there mate ha its cool dont worry these page take a bit of gett...

It's possible, but not super likely if you've only been taking it 2-3 days in a row every 5-6 days. It does have a much longer half life than something like heroin or oxycodone, so if you'd been using it for long enough it could happen. But, again because of the half life, it would be odd to notice the withdrawal the first day not taking it. Normally it takes two or more days to begin to present.

Interesting, can I ask you a question? I've always wondered what subuxone would feel like for a person who never uses other opiates ?

When you take 2-4 mgs how long does it take you to start feeling it kick in? What exactly do you feel when it kicks in and at what point does it peak for you with its effects ? Do you get euphoria or analgesia/pain relief that's very noticeable ?
Any input would be nice thank you

TAking Subs when you're not addicted to Opiates will make you feel high. You can even shoot them up. Shoot up a quarter of an 8mg strip, you'll feel high, like you did some heroin. I've met plenty of people who aren't strung out on opiates, who use suboxone to get high.

my friend who ghas no opiate toelrance at all occasionally buys a 2mg sub or two off me and he gets fucked upppp man;
proper orgasmic nod - i get so fucking jealous watching him i could die

Heroin is a short-acting opiate and if you use that every weekend, enough weekends in a row, you eventually start suffering from withdrawals after the weekend. So, with suboxone- which lasts for a really long time, you could definitely start suffering withdrawals if you keep using it multiple times a week.

Interesting, can I ask you a question? I've always wondered what subuxone would feel like for a person who never uses other opiates ?

When you take 2-4 mgs how long does it take you to start feeling it kick in? What exactly do you feel when it kicks in and at what point does it peak for you with its effects ? Do you get euphoria or analgesia/pain relief that's very noticeable ?
Any input would be nice thank you

As others have noted, buprenorphine is a very powerful/potent opioids useful for lots of stuff for people who aren't tolerant. However, for someone who is totally opioid naive taking buprenorphine can be dangerous and very unpleasant - the dosing needs to be very, very low for someone who isn't used to taking opioids. Way less than 2mg though. I had a friend who took less than 0.5mg without any tolerance whatsoever (he didn't use opioids) and ended up sick to his stomach for 48+hrs.

I see, generally I get that what you guys said, but I just wanted to hear from OP directly it's alright though.

You guys think maybe because opiate naive people generally take under 2 mgs where the norbuprenorphine is a full agonist that's why they get wrecked ?

I mean either way they'd get high but I'm curious if they took 4 mgs compared to 2 mgs how they'd feel . I just kinda wanted a direct breakdown of how he felt cause subs have never worked for me :/ I'm so jealous

It would be dangerous for someone without any tolerance, who was opioid naive, to take 4mg. I doubt they'd die, but it would be very, very uncomfortable.

It's possible, but not super likely if you've only been taking it 2-3 days in a row every 5-6 days. It does have a much longer half life than something like heroin or oxycodone, so if you'd been using it for long enough it could happen. But, again because of the half life, it would be odd to notice the withdrawal the first day not taking it. Normally it takes two or more days to begin to present.

I second that.