• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone withdrawal sweats vs Oxycodone withdrawal sweats

yall are crazy ive been on subs over two years. i have withdrawn running out of my medicine. i never lasted more than a week but every time the withdrawl was so mild. i had none of the horrible anxiety i experience with heroin withdrawl. i would smoke weed and forget i was withdrawling. i have heard lots of other kids say that bupe withdrawl is easy and ive heard it compared to a minor flu. which is exactly how id describe my experiences. i was on16mg a day

thanks raznaruk, i've never heard of kratom, but i'll look it up... and i've also never heard of tagament/grapefruit juice/ DL-phenylanine making the perc more effective and longer lasting. I'll try that though!!! Although, I don't know what DL-phenylanine is either LoL am I sheltered or what?

Well, i've tried lookin it up and kinda got mixed reviews.... so what do I do? Eat kratomm with or right before the percs? Drink GFjuice with or right beffore? Same with the DL-phenylanine...? Guide meeeee pleeeeease LoL

so what do you suggest is the most viable way of getting off opioid dependence? tapering a long-acting? tapering a short-acting?

also - i was surprised that someone said H is a short-acting opiate - i was on hydromorphone (dilaudid), obviously a short-acting drug -- then switched back to H for the fist time in a decade and couldn't believe how much longer the shots lasted.... now i want off of the shit -- all of it, and can't figure out the most reasonable way to do it.

it seems kicking something long acting would take forever, though theoretically it would be a less violent sickness -- if it just goes on and on for a month THAT could wear you out --- ending up in a failed attempt
vs.
kicking a short acting version: the w/ds would come-on faster, be more violent, but the whole thing would be over more quickly....

ideas? (i've never tried subs)

thanks!

I've kicked heroin, methadone, oxy/hydros and now subs. I find the kick is more of a pain the more man-made the drug, not so much a function of short/long acting. In any case how short or long a drug high lasts depends on your tolerance. When you have no tolerance a shot of heroin can last 24hrs. That same shot may just last 3 hrs as your tolerance builds.

The natural alkaloids of poppy, ie heroin have the nicest kick, then come the partial synthetics, and the worst are the fully synthetics like subs. With heroin the whole thing peaks at 72 hrs and then there is a sense of bliss that everyday is going to be better. There is even sometimes a sense of bliss within the 72 hrs. I feel more creative and open. The world seems vibrant. As you go further into the synthetic scale, intensity and bliss are replaced by a mild but drawn out shitty malaise and sense of hopelessness/worthlessness.

I'm not trying to be funny. Go on a heroin run, for at least as long as you think your synthetic drug withdrawal would last, even up to 6 months. Then kick the heroin.

I have a nasty habit of going on OC runs and then switching back to subs. The switch over is doable but I get bad sweats for 2-3 days. I use no more then 4mgs a day after 2-3 OC80's when I'm on a run. I still have the urges to do OC and sweat like a pig for a few days but don't miss a beat at work.

I feel like when I am kicking subs I get much more depressed and I have much more insomnia than if I am kicking heroin or oxycodone. Also, I found that even if you take a very low dose of suboxone every day, you still feel withdrawals when you stop. I was down to about .5mg per day and when I stopped I still felt moderate withdrawals for almost a week.

na ur crazy lol iv been on bupe for almost 10 years n have never been able to come off it or anything else for that matter without serious wd, however everything else has been a walk in the park compared to c. idk how u got it so easy, if u can come off bupe n b able to smoke n forget ur even WDin ur fuc*in lucky!!! u should appreciate that as much as life itself cuz to some ppl that would b the difference in life n death. i kno my life would b a WHOLE lot different if i was able to get off shit as easy as u lol i kno alot of ppl agree with that to

I've done massive amounts of both for extended periods of time, along with several other opioids. I have never see a withdrawal syndrome as soul crushingly drawn out and brutal as the one that accompanies suboxone detox. I had been off suboxone for three months and I was still feeling the exact same as I did the first week, with absolutely no improvement or even the hope for any improvement in sight! Had that been a heroin detox I would have felt better around the 6th DAY. That shit the dope doctors are peddling is perfectly designed to keep you hooked for as long as possible in order to allow the "doctor" to exploit your addiction for his own monetary gain for as long as he can keep you in the cycle of addiction...all the while you complacently slip into a far worse addiction than you had in the first fucking place! Lol oxy is a cakewalk compared to suboxone...I feel sorry for all the poor suckers who took that gamble and actually traded the oxy withdrawal syndrome for the suboxone syndrome....they lost a fortune on that one.

I've CTed a lot of different ways. Suboxone, or any other opiate that lasts all fucking week after you take one, will take 5 years to come off. Not really 5 years (though it's hard to say for sure considering I've never been able to tolerate more than 3 months of that torture and I don't know anybody that has), but when I went to quit it most definitely felt like 5 years when it still hadn't gotten better at all 3 MONTHS later! Never ever ever again. I will bang black tar heroin I bought off a gang banger on the street corner before I get fucked off on that crazy shit again! Good luck with all that, now, SMT "patients"! Lol! oh and to the question, which is the easiest-long lasting opioid taper or short acting taper?...the short acting taper by farrrr and away. And especially if you are one of those people that possess the actual ability to taper! Lol

I've kicked heroin, methadone, oxy/hydros and now subs. I find the kick is more of a pain the more man-made the drug, not so much a function of short/long acting. In any case how short or long a drug high lasts depends on your tolerance. When you have no tolerance a shot of heroin can last 24hrs. That same shot may just last 3 hrs as your tolerance builds.

The natural alkaloids of poppy, ie heroin have the nicest kick, then come the partial synthetics, and the worst are the fully synthetics like subs. With heroin the whole thing peaks at 72 hrs and then there is a sense of bliss that everyday is going to be better. There is even sometimes a sense of bliss within the 72 hrs. I feel more creative and open. The world seems vibrant. As you go further into the synthetic scale, intensity and bliss are replaced by a mild but drawn out shitty malaise and sense of hopelessness/worthlessness.

I'm not trying to be funny. Go on a heroin run, for at least as long as you think your synthetic drug withdrawal would last, even up to 6 months. Then kick the heroin.

Wow I thought I was the only one to feel this way. I always thought heroin had the worst kick, until I experienced the semis and full synthetics. Sub withdrawal has a couple advantages, namely I have more energy and can at least function throughout the day, but the difference is between a marathon and a sprint.

Wow I thought I was the only one to feel this way. I always thought heroin had the worst kick, until I experienced the semis and full synthetics. Sub withdrawal has a couple advantages, namely I have more energy and can at least function throughout the day, but the difference is between a marathon and a sprint.
Heroin IS semi synthetic. Im pretty sure natural vs. synthetic has nothing to do with severity of withdrawal, most likely just coincidence.

For me I used subs to keep away the monstrous wd from heroin I've for almost two years, 3gs daily and my experience is a doctor prescribing u subs keeps us on them until youre stable enough to not use an opiate to fix withdrawal...this is the very craving that got you on subs...and if you are on subs for pain management, remember subs are an antagonist covering half ur opiate receptors once u go full agonist even if u never had an opiate problem, you'll get an opiate problem there's no self will strong enough to stop once u feel the opiate fix everything..,so my advice is if u gotta wd from subs don't go back to opiates, reduce by 25 percent of your dose no more than 4mg less a day than the day before and see how you feel, if you're mad Jonesing, go back to subs before u get back to opiates and ruin your life

Yea i broke 1 pill into 60 crumbs took 1 crumb a day for 60 days and it made no damn difference my stomach is so bad i cant move its day fucking 11

Jesus christ...this is why i never stayed on subs for long i heard the WD were much worse than Heroin...how much subs were you guys taking?iWas taking about 8MG a day then after 2-3 days went down to 6 for a couple days then down to 4 and then 2 then1MG ...this was almost 2 weeks and i HAD NO WITHDRAWALS ...whatever you do never get on ?..so before anyone who plans on betting on subs for long dont.

To HEMPTRESS...i think your wrong and right...honestly i feel 100 Times better when im in Heroin WD or OC wd and i take a sub...the Trick here is to NOT STAY ON SUBOXONE FOR LONG PEROIDS OF A TIME AND YOU DONT NEED MORE THAN 8MG A DAY. ​if you can do a QUICK TAPER off suboxone you guys will do just fine trust me...you dont need to be on Subs for months or years...Just how Methadone clincs do a 21 Day Taper You can do it with Suboxone and live a normal life again...i used to do about a Gram to Gram and a Half a day of Tar.

^ i was just gonna say that, rapid sub detox is the way forward - literally one week

Everyone advocating the short taper have the right idea. I was just on sub for what I'll call a mild heroin addiction. Did 4 days, 6mg, 6mg, 4mg, 2mg, and still have mild chills, insomnia, etc, was depressed in the first place so cant tell if thats worse. Should've done 2,1,.5 and done. Any more than 4mg sub is for people w like a 2+g daily H habit. Even then its a better idea to take just barely enough sub and a little xanax, valium, clonidine, whatever youre less likely to mess up. Honestly if you can control your own taper w morphine or percs etc that's a much better idea, but if not, never ever take more than 8mgs of sub, and then taper and gtfo immediately. A decent doc will give you clonidine or atavan etc for the milder wd symptoms. Don't fall for the long term sub maintenance, it's just a scam, especially if they try to give you ~16mg per day. If you really need it to not die well ok, but remember eventually you'll have to detox off sub and every day you're on it will make getting off that much worse