• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone withdrawal - 34 days in, is this normal?!

jjacobsen

Bluelighter
Look friends, I've done a lot of research here. I know very well many say the acute withdrawal phase for bupe is around 30 says. But everyone seems to be suggesting it gets better slowly over that time, not spikes up and down crazily. It's my 34th day, and the last two days my symptoms shot back up again, which seems to happen about once a week since I quit! Plus, I tapered down to .112 mg over the course of almost 6 months, so I really anticipated it being much easier.

And this is WITH me using Kratom to deal with the withdrawal everyday. I've been wanting to take a few days off from the Kratom so I don't get addicted to it (I have clonidine and gabapentin for that), but it just doesn't seem to be getting tolerable. What the hell?! Just want to know if anyone else who tapered this low and was only on bupe 6 months had withdrawals this long, with these weird spikes. For reference: the bupe was to quit a 5 year H habit.

Thank you for reading and helping!
J

Honestly .112mg isn't that low of a dose.

But to answer your question, yes it's quite normal to have symptom surges. You're going to have good days and bad days, but the good news is with time, the good days will increase in frequency. Just hang in there bud, things will slowly get better. Your brain chemistry is slowly balancing itself out.

You are probably WDing from the kratom. you can't just sub one substance with opioid action for another and it be like building a brand new dependency. Your body doesn't really know the difference, it just knows your mu receptors are being activated or not. Kratom has a very short duration of action, I don't know about a month in but when I have used it as a substitute when absent a much stronger opioid had to re-dose every 2 hours to keep WD at bay.

What you described is completely normal. Symptoms come and go and vary in severity. Bupe causes gnarly PAWS symptoms too. Hang in there

Thanks guys! As long as I know it's par for the course I can handle it. I don't think it's the kratom though coolwhip, because on good days I can go 5-6 hours without it by day, 12-15 hours without by night.
Thanks again!

That timetable just makes me think the kratom is responsible even more....think about it, you are saying you can't even go a day without dosing kratom or your will experience WD symptoms...Stop taking it for a week(if you can) and see what happens.

That timetable just makes me think the kratom is responsible even more....think about it, you are saying you can't even go a day without dosing kratom or your will experience WD symptoms...Stop taking it for a week(if you can) and see what happens.
But he said he's experiencing wd symptoms, even while he's dosing kratom...

However while it does seem the bup' is the main culprit, I wouldn't be surprised if a dependency to kratom has formed from a months use.

Yeah I definitely want to wait until I don’t feel symptoms some days even on Kratom before I stop it. But when I do, how many days do I need to stay off it to make sure if I take it occasionally for PAWS, I don’t have any withdrawal from it? Thanks!