• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone Withdraw With Little Prior Opiate Use!

randombluelight

Greenlighter
I'm posting on here because I'm seeking some encouragement/advice/wisdom on my situation. I don't know anybody personally that I can talk to about this stuff, and my previous Suboxone doctor told me that when I was ready to come off he would give me some Ambien and I could go take a mini vacation for the weekend to detox..HA!

Anyway, this is my short story. About 3-4 years ago I started using Percocet. It started off gradually, once every other week. Without having to mention, it grew into much more. I was snorting them mostly, also orally taking parts of Oxy 80's, as well as orally/snorting Morphine 100's once in a while. An old friend of mine had a prescription for all of these things and he didn't have many friends there, and he worked on my car. I was always experimental with drugs but never was addicted to anything before. It was an on and off thing for 6 months. I finally got away from him, cut him out, didn't have any serious withdraws since it wasn't an every day high dose. It was mostly Percocet 30's I was going maybe 1-3 at a time every 2-3 days, mixed with the others.

I got away from him and cut him out. A local friend was into Heroine, and I at first was still trying to get my hands on the prescription stuff. At this point I wasn't dependent but felt the cravings mentally like something was missing. To make it short, we dabbled with Heroine for a couple months. Never shot it, only snorted, never every day. It did become a little more gradual but I cut him off. Then went back. Then cut him off. Then I started working with a man who was an old time opiate addict and told me about his 3 years "clean" on Suboxone. He hooked me up with his doctor and I started the program immediately.

I started at 12mg a day. I felt weird at first, sometimes high, which I know was normal especially with no serious tolerance in my system. It was hard to sleep and I felt wired. Then I started to feel the opposite. Slower, like I was tired more, losing my personality in ways. So I lowered doses down to 8mg for a while, but I would go back and fourth from 8mg to 12 depending on the day. Very rarely did I ever take 16mg.

Anyway, I have been taking Suboxone for almost 2 years, maybe around 2 or a little over. Can't remember exactly. The past 6 months I was pretty consistent on taking 8mg/day via the tablet because the generic is EXTREMELY cheaper through my work insurance. I just moved out to PA to be with my fiance and son, and had to start working at a new dealership. My new insurance policy, for reasons beyond me, doesn't kick in for 3 months which is November 1st. My previous doctor upped my dose to 3 8mg pills a day so that I had enough to make it through the lapse of active insurance time. My last week that I knew I would have the tablets before I ran out, I cut it down to 4mg a day. From what I'm reading, even 1.5mg is too high for a comfortable jump.

I ran out 5 days ago. I'm on day 4 without Subs. I've been generally uncomfortable, some restless leg syndrome, irritable, weak, tired, lack of energy and motivation, loss of appetite, hot flashes, cold sweats, trouble sleeping and getting comfortable etc. ..But fairly tolerable w/d symptoms. Ive been reading a lot of stories on Bluelight and other websites, and prepared myself for the worst because most stories included a testimony of SERIOUS withdraw symptoms starting around day 3. The puking, diarrhea, INTENSE flue like symptoms.

I'm wondering if because of my lack of long term opiate use before my start of Suboxone, and my lack of true addicted and physical dependence on opiates before my Suboxone stint, is going to allow me to experience these minimal w/d symptoms?!:?

Will a Benzo help the uncomfortable feelings if used sparingly?

I have a kid and a 55 hour a week job with online school. I can't afford serious withdraws.

Thank you so much for any insight, questions, answers, suggestions.

What are your thoughts?!

You will feel withdraws no matter what. Get Imodium ad the syrup. This helped me A LOT! I took one Tylenol at night for RLS. It helped me. I had nothing for the worst part(for me) which was the cold/hot sweats. It's so hard finding information about how long or how to minimize withdraw. I've been on hydros for 5years then jumped on sub. One film for a little over a year. Was promised an easier withdraw. It was HARD! You will be frustrated! Keep going. I'm on a week cold turkey and all I can say is take a week off work, get Imodium AD, soup and apple Juice, Tylenol. I didn't take any sleep meds. You CAN AND WILL get through this. The sooner you get off the better and easier it may be. I've read a lot of crap online, best advice I can give is EVERYONES withdraw is different. You just have to go through it no matter what!

Thanks for your response. I'm on day 6 right now. Took the past 4 days off of work. Sleep seems to be the only thing that helps. Today isn't that bad actually. The worst part about this entire thing for me besides the general uncomfortable body feeling in legs, arms and chest, is the fact that it's SO hard to sleep. It makes everything so much less bearable. My appetite is coming back. After finally getting some sleep, today I feel mentally more positive and the general fatigue has worn off a bit. I haven't had to puke, at all. Maybe the worst is over?

Thanks for your response. I'm on day 6 right now. Took the past 4 days off of work. Sleep seems to be the only thing that helps. Today isn't that bad actually. The worst part about this entire thing for me besides the general uncomfortable body feeling in legs, arms and chest, is the fact that it's SO hard to sleep. It makes everything so much less bearable. My appetite is coming back. After finally getting some sleep, today I feel mentally more positive and the general fatigue has worn off a bit. I haven't had to puke, at all. Maybe the worst is over?

I'm 16 days off suboxone right now after 3 years of it and h. The acute withdrawals lasted 6-7 days and were pretty much non existent then on day 10 out of nowhere I got hit with post acute withdrawals. For me this has been the real hell. Mostly just from being exhausted to where I can barely walk up stairs or carry a jug of milk. It normally lasts a month to 2 years depending on use and person. But good job, hang in there.

I'm also working 53 hours a week so this is probably the worst I've ever felt in my life. In my experience benzos can help. They make time fly, keep you relaxed, can relieve aches and RLS somewhat and help you sleep. Only thing i can say is don't get addicted to benzos. The withdrawals is probably the worst withdrawal I've experienced.

IT is usually best to abstain from anything that will alter your mental state during this time though. Your brain tries to return back to normal and repair and other drugs can prolong it.

Last edited: