• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Suboxone used short term help!

TKAY000

Greenlighter
I haven't been able to find any answers to what I'm going through. I have a chronic pain condition and have been on narcotics consistently for 3 years. A couple weeks ago I wasn't able to get my prescription in time and began to go into AWFUL withdrawals. I always make sure to get my prescription the day I need it because of how awful withdrawals are. My friend told me about suboxone and when I took it I was amazed at how fast it took the withdrawals away! I used a couple of 8mg strips over a week until I was able to get my prescription. I waited a couple days before I used them due to not wanting to waste them because of subs in my system. Well now that I am back on my regular schedule I have been sweating, chills, stomach ache, in between my doses. I am so miserable and scared with no idea what to do. I've never gotten withdrawals this soon in my life. I have to think it has something to do with suboxone. I literally take my hydrocodone and a couple hours later I start feeling withdrawals. It also feels different than hydrocodone withdrawals. I am having to take some every few hours now and Before I wouldn't feel any until the next day. Please help with any advice!!

Buprenorphine/Suboxone is a much stronger drug by weight compared to hydrocodone. What's happened is you upped your tolerance from the week of using Buprenorphine, and now your body is expecting more then what you're putting into it with the hydrocodone. Hopefully after a few days though you'll readjust to your regular hydrocodone dose, it's all you can hope for really. Taking more hydrocodone will help in the short run, but in the end it will put you in a bad situation where you'll run out of pills early, not to mention, you don't want to start abusing your meds I imagine.

Thank you ZNegative! I really appreciate your advice! Is there any way I can attract more people to respond? I would like to hear more from people with a lot of experience with suboxone long or short term. I'm new to blue light so just trying to get the hang of things.

I have never taken suboxone but I know people who have. It can be good to escape a terrible opiate addiction but suboxone withdrawal is no joke. Expect to feel very sick for several days when getting off of it.

ya as zneg said just try and keep it cool for a week (not upping your dose) and your tolerance should re adjust to where it was. Bupe is alot stronger than people expect and probably just temporarily raised your tolerance to the hydro.

Not only is stronger, but it utilizes many opioid receptor sites, ones that hydrocodone aren't working on..

- Hopeless..

Thank you everyone! I finally felt back to normal after 6 days. Appreciate the feedback

subutex is better it's just Buprenorphine in pill form. They both do the same thing
but suboxone always had more side effects .

In my option it was the naloxone in the suboxone that caused all the side effects I get with suboxone that I don't with subutex

The strips are the best for Sublingual administration but that has a very low ba(bioavailability how much of the drug that is actually making the magic happen so to speak) I use to snort My subutex it has a higher ba but is much more habbit forming and harmful . It was a way I could could use less to get more

Also how much of the other opioid are you using in a day how many mg and what kind . 8mg of subutex is a lot for someone and it has a ceiling effect

i took sub too early i am not sure how too post on here and how otto to check if any one answered