• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone to Percs to Suboxone

TheCafeRacer

Greenlighter
I have been on 4MG of Suboxone for 2 years. I was in a motorycle crash on Saturday. I snapped my femur and had surgery on Sunday. They have been trying to give me percocet 7.5mgs every 4 hours to beat the suboxone. So far I have been on percocet for 4 days since my last suboxone dose. I am now feeling withdrawals from what I assume is my suboxone. I am considering stopping the percocet 7.5mgs and taking 2MG suboxone. Will i most likely have precipitated withdrawals?It has been 6 hours since my last percocet and I am feeling withdrawals. I am suffering pretty badly. I can handle the surgery pain, I just cant handle that and the withdrawals. Thank you.

Last edited:
[UPDATE]I took 2MG. 15 minutes in. I feel normal again. Almost great. Still scared this feeling might not stay.

4mg of suboxone converts to something around 100mg of oxycodone, maybe just around 80,but 7.5mg percocets seem to be a little low with the tolerance you have.
I hope you still feel good and didn't go into precipitated withdrawal.

Anyone on Suboxone then that suffers some type of painful injury should not be given Percs, it would take high doses of oxycodone, and even then you will not get the majority of the effects. I have only be able to successfully override suboxone with one type of opioid, and that was Fentanyl. Fents affinity is just slightly higher than Subs, and I know this for a fact. Anytime I transfer to Sub I can never wait the 24 hrs recommended, but w/ instant release opioids, some users can introduce @ 12 to 15 hrs if they start feeling bad enough. I've started Sub @ 14 hrs after my last oxy and transitioned over smoothly, once I tried @ 12 hrs and about 20 mins later I had precipitated WDs, but that lasted only about 90 mins, now I keep SubSys around (400 mcg Fentanyl sprays), if I implement to early, I spray one nasally (instead of under my tongue, nasal bio = 90+%) and it stops the precipitated WDs within 2 minutes. Some people claim that hydromorphone in higher doses can override briefly, but they didn't do so well for me.

I think all ER doctors should KNOW this type of stuff... Fentanyl is extremely powerful, but extremely short-acting too, so if you didn't like the Fent and wanted back on Subs and were still had Sub in your system, you can switch back relatively quickly.

[UPDATE 2] I have always had a bad feeling I might have to be hospitalized and the Suboxone would prevent me from pain management (unlucky me had that happen). Anyways, I had very minor precipitated withdrawals for about an 15 minutes. After an hour I felt great! It was worth it. My logic was that I hadn't become dependent on the Perc's yet within 4 days. I know it is not a permanent solution. I just knew I couldn't make it through this leg's healing on top of withdrawals (I can't walk off the anxiety or even take a bath). Since there is so little information on this type of incident I thought my experience might help (this type of situation cant be that uncommon). The doctors and nurses throughout my treatment have no clue what to do with Suboxone patients. This needs to be brought to the attention of more doctors as this drug becomes more common among addicts. I will be healing my leg first and then tackling the Suboxone problem so this does not happen again. Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited: