• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone Taper, Need Help

Roachmon95

Bluelighter
I've been on Suboxone for last mont and a half. the past couple weeks i've been tapering off my dose of 16mg a day. I'm down to 4mg and i'm about jump down to 2mg. I have nine pills left and made myself a taper plan that looks like this:

2mg for five days
1mg for six days
.5mg for eight days
done

does this look ok? anything i should change? thanks in advance!

Keep going to .25mg, then .125mg, then jump. Keep in mind that Butrans patches, at the strongest, are like 100mcg/hr, so jumping off at 500mcg/day may still be rough... tho that is 1/16th of an 8mg pill, you might be fine. I might extend your tapers to 10 days each step because of the long half life of suboxone. and yes, you can get 32 or even 64 roughly equal piles from a single pill w/o a scale, just takes a bit of patience. looks good tho. report back and let us know how it worked.

if bupe is stable in water you can make a solution to use sublingually you can use liquid volumetric measurement method to accurately measureoutthese microdoses using insulin rigs to meaure 1 ml of waterbinto 100 units of water, which should hold the bupe of a quarter, half, or whole pill.

The problem is I only have nine pills left ( its Zubsolv btw, I should have mentioned that I've just adjusted the dosages to the equivalent of Suboxone). should I cut the other days short? the pills i have are 1.4 mg zubsolv's, which are supposed to be equal too 2mg suboxone.

yes just do the math. You really want to try and go as low as possible. while also skipping a day between doses as your get to your last bit of it.

so take a dose one day

skip the next (try and make it through the whole day / night)

Take dose when u wake up.

it's easier to jump from .25 or to take your .5 every OTHER day. this will give you major strides to a lowered fall/ jump off.