• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Suboxone Taper Megathread-all related threads to be merged here

hi guys! i had a few post back then about buprenorphine and concerning the dude who started this post and everybody who needs help let me tell you:There is a painless way to get off buprenorphine addiction!!! i just have done this myself...But that is not the hardes part of the process.The hardest part is stayin clean afterwards.So let me tell you how to do it:You will go to the hospital's addiction center(or center for toxicology) and explain your situation without lying at all.They will come up with a detox plan and will put u on everyday infuse.Depending on how much bupe u have in ur system.I was on 8mg when i got to the clinic and jumped off 8mg without any tappering...believe me when i say:i didn't felt any w/d during the proces and i was amazed! And the amazement was because i was IV'ing the bupe for years..And i know what w/d's u have the next day.So there is a cure for bupe's w/d's. It took me 7 days in the clinic and i was done.They will give you some medication for afterwards but this is crucial..As they might and might not put you on the right medication,so you can stay free..They put me on Zalasta for the morning and Mirzapen for the evening,so i can sleep.But i don't take this medications because the Zalasta is working me verry bad and i hallucinate and i get verry sleepy during the day...For the Mirzapen to work u have to take it for 2 weeks.I only took it while i was in the clinic so i don't know the effects verry good.

I will use this opportynity to ask a question also.Don't know if it's the right place but i will anyway:I take trams now 100mg or retards x2 per day.as i don't take the previous mentioned medications.Is it bad to mix tramadol with zalasta or not?
And the second question which is more important to me:Because i have iv'd bupe fore some years i noticed that in my blood i have a slimy thing like a bubble gum.(my blood is slimy) I am afraid it might make my health damage,so how to get rid of this shit? I might admit,i do sometimes( but not everyday) take bupe or methadone,just to get by.But everytime i iv,i notice this shit.I shoot in the groin now and it's full of it....Some help plz!

Here is some advice from me but i also need some advice from you guys!
Wish you all the luck!

I thought the half life for bupe is 72 hours? are you sure doing dope for 10 days wouldnt get all the bupe out of your receptors?

Correction, the general consensus is that suboxone has a half life of about 37 hours. can anyone come up with a formula to calculate how long it would take to get out of your system? I'm trying to come up with something but I'm dislexic and I'm having trouble with it, so far all I found is this and I'm trying to work it out

30 days @ 8 mg day = 32 mg total in system.

32 mg/37 hrs=576hrs for .000122 mg in system
576 hours /24 hrs = 24 days.

any ideas?

let me tell you how i quit the bupe for the first time.I don't recomend this,it is safer to go to the hospital..But if u dont like to go here it is:u take 4 tramadols and a diasepam at night.i took trams 3 days and the forth day i took heroin.( u can take any opiate) So,3 days trams,the forth do an opiate.Do this for 2 weeks..So u won't get hooked neither on the trams neither on H..
I will repeat myself again...! I do not recomend this but it worked for me..
Stay safe

so by this logic (or any other)

30 days @ 8 mg day = 32 mg total in system.

32 mg/37 hrs=576hrs for .000122 mg in system
576 hours /24 hrs = 24 days.

how long would it take me to get free from 1 mg per day? or is this guys formula just totally wrong?

37 hours is the avergage half life.. its anywhere from 20-75 hours, so a general calculation is hard to do. But what is certain, is that there will be trace amounts of buprenorphine in your system for at least a month after last use, however this doesnt mean it will still be affecting you, its only the "biological half life." Bupe will force the dope off your receptors because of the high binding affinity, not the other way around.

- hopeless

Depends on ALOT of factors, I won't bother to read.

But, given you haven't been on high-dose subs for more than a week or 3, you shouldn't have many problems getting off subs with SHORT ACTING OPIATES.
I say SHORT ACTING OPIATES, because, unless you live in the U.K or somewhere, any Heroin you find in the U.S. is, not only filthy dirty, but waaayyy to unreliable to dose as accurately as you need to.

Score Morphine, Codeine, Hydros, whatever, and take just enough to stop withdrawals, no more than 3 X per day. Not sure wether or not an EXTENDED release Morphine etc...would help or hurt, honestly, ive always been a big fan of the "bolus dose" as it were, taking higher doses as INFREQUENTLY AS POSSIBLE, but sacrificing the consistency of relief that I really need to function.
But tapering...might be better to take AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE, AS FREQUENTLY as possible, especially from bupe. Well dude, we just don't know.

That's the reason I couldn't force myself to take bupe for more than maybe 20 days tops, that damn half life is bonkers. Idk how folks stay on 32mg/day for years without SERIOUSLY damaging their opioid receptors, or something of that effect.

P.S. I read a 1991 edition of the 'Physicians Desk Reference' recently, and while reading about Buprenex(buperenorphine injectable vials .35mg or so/dose) that it reduces hepatic bloodflow by about 30%.
Isn't that interesting, we knew that 20 years ago, but 20 years later we still don't know the proper way to taper folks off the stuff???

Food for thought.

So I took 2 mgs of sub today and it barely did anything. I should have a bundle coming my way for later cause I'm gonna try to stretch it out for longer now I'll keep you posted.

tacodude.i don't said that they gave me bupe at the hospital...they give u vitamin infusions...and some other medications to ease off the w/d's. i don't know how u understood the story but i was trying to say that there is a painless way to get off the bupe...without tappering...and at the end i asked for help for myself...i am verry familliar with this kinda stuff and i am not trolling.i was on bupe for 5 years...tried everything to get off but on my own..The hospital thing was the most succesfull and painless so far...

My mistake, but still usually hospitals send you to a detox facility or something. When I've gone to the hospital they just told me to go onto methadone or subs and if not just to tough it out.

Tacodude,u will explain ur position and what u want to do in the propper place in your hospital...You will tell them that u want to quit bupe,not to be on bupe or methadone..In my country i went to the toxicology department of the hospital.Usually u have to bring a parent with u to sign some papers.I went alone and they gave me no problem.Just explain to them that u want to quit and they will send u to a propper place in the hospital.Probably toxicology.I dont know what they gave me in those ifusions but i didn't felt shit for the whole week dude.I was amazed...You can ask for help any time during your stay if u have any kind of problem.They will help u..I am writing this because from all the attempts this was the most succesfull to get of the bupe..You can try by ur self at home with trams but it will not be the same..You will still feel w/d's.If u go that way take x5 or less,depending on ur organism.mabye u will be ok with less.And if u cannot sleep at night just take 1 diasepam.Ypu will sleep like a baby.Theese r the 2 ways for getting off bupe..And let me mention:it's not a private rehab center but a facility in your hospital.You just have to ask around.

I'm an adult who has been completely neglected in the health care system... Chronic back pain issues resting around 5-6 with cannabis, 7-8 without, 8-9 without opiates, and 10+ with neither. Due to that I'm constantly pushed to go to pain management (made many attempts making it clear I want to be off the medications, but have chronic pain that I can't find relief any other non drug or medication treatment methods to function yet constantly get denied as drug abuse and opiates are a common epidemic here and after that case in southern LA anyone who is claimed a drug abuser is essentially dehumanized into accepting an inadequate level of care), just to use methadone and suboxone at a treatment center, or to just go home and deal with it alone by just smoking pot since it's so accepted here and anything is better than a stable opiate dependancy even unstable poly drug dependancy leaving me suicidal and unable to manage my chronic pain to a level I can function at all.

Most people here are told to go somewhere like detox or outpatient rarely getting help from the ER to connect to services and the hospital are for more serious issues like people dieing and that if you're in w.d there is nothing they can do and to go to my PCP even if that's not possible for days or weeks. There is no sympathy here for addiction unless you're an adult acting like a child. The system here is so broken most I see turn to meth unable to get opiates off the street to manage their pain relief and kid themselves they get pain relief.

I'd go into more, but I'm really not trying to discuss this.

tacodude: That sounds absolutely inhumane. Coming from Europe I just can't imagine a health care system like that in the USA.

But not to get offtopic: If you want to taper your Subs I recommend White Grapefruit Juice or Tagamet. WGF helped me to stay on a lower dose for a longer time. Haven't tried Tagamet since it is prescription only here but it should theoretically help even better.
The subs effects are a little bit more pronounced and longer with these. Good luck to y'all trying to get off Bupe. It is a very good med but only for short tapers imo. Being addicted to it just sucks.