• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Suboxone taper down to .6mg

SoberDream

Greenlighter
I have been on suboxone for a year now. Dropped from 8mg initial dose down to .6 mg daily. I have also moved my daily dose to taking at lunch time instead of first thing in the morning. In the past, when trying to jump, I had major issues with "needing" somthing first thing in the morning to start my day. I have moved my dosing to lunch in hopes that this may help come the jump. The real reasoning for this post, is that I am wondering where/how to continue from here. Like I said, I am down to .6mg daily (once at lunch time) and I would really like to get lower before the leap. Issues I am having is that I feel "off" and am sleeping poorly. To the point where I am wondering if I should just jump. I mean, I kinda feel like, if I'm feeling slight w/d daily at this low of a dose, why shouldn't I just jump, get hit by the train, and ride the bitch out. Or... Should I really try and keep reducing? Any thoughts and advice would be great! Thanks guys!

Hey bud congrats on your future. ..I'm not proud to say ..at one point I was on the sub yoyo..for about two years .in them two years I detoxed one a month...I was takeing the for work..for energy..I was super man.

The first time I quit I jumped off of 4mg one week of he'll one week of Shit..then this fog cleared...then I'd do it alllllll over again ( word as advise every time you detox it bet worse and longer ever time...back to the point

The last time I quit I rapid tapered in ten days four mg right down to 1 mg a day..for 4 days ..yes ur gonna be tired and have a runny nose..then I went to 1/2 mg for four days..then .25. Skip a day .25.. then jump..now let me tell you..you will have joint pain..and you will feel heavy..but instread 7 days for some clarity..I saw the flog lifting ..by day 5..not much rsls .but very tired and heavy little emotional ..but that day 13 /14 I thought I was having panic attack..noppppppe...it was this weird thing callled happiness..I didn't know what it was honest to god..I actually teared up beacaise it felt so good to feel ..it even fell good to feel pain..I don't believe I had a problem with pause because after day 14 I was so excited to not feel so dragging ass. I don't think I got paws because my head was in a good place..magic number is 14.seven days of no fun .then you then u turn corner ...becoming a human

I am sorry for rambling I am pretty new on here I just saw your question I thought you needed a hand

OP, how are you taking your Sub? Going by the .6mg, I'm guessing you're making a solution for intranasal or intravenous use?

When I was on subs I took 8mg strips for 2 years after quitting heroin. When I was ready to taper my doc recommended a 3 month, slow, gradual taper(which it seems that's exactly what ur doing). Eventually I was cutting my pieces so small that I got my doc to switch me to 2mg strips, which made it very easy to get the dose incredibly low by cutting into tiny pieces. Although it wasn't fun, it was a lot easier than cold turkey(obviously!!). See if you can get your hands on 2mg strips and just pace yourself. I would take a dose in the am and a dose in the evening. If you can get the supply take your time, the WD's are MUCH worse when you jump off a higher dose. By the time I quit I was taking a tiny .1mg a day(cut in half and taken in am, then the other 1/2 at night).

Good luck!