• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone strips and Tramadol (That was actually for my dog a while back..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alostconqueror

Greenlighter
Okay. Simple... How will sub strips do with the tramadol together (subs are 8mg/4mg.) I have two whole pills circular white with one side blank and the other 319. For my dog when he was neutered. I looked it up and I am pretty confident that my searches suggest its tramadol and that many vets use the same meds for pets as humans.

also - anyone have advice on how to keep my fatigue level ease while I am 'chilling out' ... I always end up too sleepy to enjoy anything. It really pisses me off lol.:sus::\

and before anyone asks no I don't have too much of a tolerance at all to subs. They ran low for a while so my friend only let me get a sliver of one every time. So I deffff feel the affects of the subs after about 45 mins especially after taking a half or more.

Taking a dose of buprenorphine that ranges between 0.5-32 mg is enough to block the effects from other opiates including tramadol. They are not worth mixing unless your dose of bupe is below 0.5 mg. Yes you could mix tramadol with low doses of bupe but you are likely to get more recreational value out of taking the two drugs separately at least 24 hours apart.

your vet prescribed your dog suboxone and not buprenex???
ETA: bupe will block tramadol, no point mixing them, it'd be a waste.

HOLD THE PHONE your saying we can get opiates prescribed for our dogs which must include codeine *makes a kaching sound* is it the same for cats ive always thought my whiskers could use a bit of the old human medicine

IIRC in cats morphine etc. act in an excitatory manner, not as they do, in humans as inhibitory agents.

And in regards of tramadol, it'll probably block the opioid mediated effects, although I would strongly imagine not the serotonergic or noradrenergic effects, indeed I imagine, although this is not from in-vivo experience (I'm not on bupe, couldn't use it anyway, as a chronic pain patient, and I HATE tramadol..ew..adrenergic crap..uggh poison, to me, that is) that preventing the binding with MORs would for that matter leave more tramadol to bind its other targets such as NET and cause 5HT release.

Dogs and cats differ from each other, and very significantly from us, in many respects (for instance raisins are toxic to dogs, at least to most although some seem immune, toxin seems to be unknown, possibly a mycotoxin rather than inherent in the plant, but its far from certain last time I checked. And xylitol, the sugar alcohol used to sweeten E.g 'smint' and many other candies and chewing gums etc. is lethally toxic to dogs. So is fly agaric, although we get to use it for various intoxicant and as long as its prepared correctly, in culinary uses also)

HOLD THE PHONE your saying we can get opiates prescribed for our dogs which must include codeine *makes a kaching sound* is it the same for cats ive always thought my whiskers could use a bit of the old human medicine

you can get buprenorphine and tramadol prescribed for cats and dogs. generally no other opioids though. I have heard of codeine being rarely used, generally in dogs w/ very serious coughs, like pneumonia type situations or to the point that the cough is inducing frequent vomiting and other meds aren't working, but it is not often prescribed. it is not typically used in cats, they tend to have adverse reactions.
I have also in RARE cases known the occasional vet to prescribe a limited quantity of benzos for travel anxiety in dogs.

Okay. Simple... How will sub strips do with the tramadol together (subs are 8mg/4mg.) I have two whole pills circular white with one side blank and the other 319. For my dog when he was neutered. I looked it up and I am pretty confident that my searches suggest its tramadol and that many vets use the same meds for pets as humans.

also - anyone have advice on how to keep my fatigue level ease while I am 'chilling out' ... I always end up too sleepy to enjoy anything. It really pisses me off lol.:sus::\

and before anyone asks no I don't have too much of a tolerance at all to subs. They ran low for a while so my friend only let me get a sliver of one every time. So I deffff feel the affects of the subs after about 45 mins especially after taking a half or more.
If you don't have a decent tolerence be careful with buprenorphine. It's quite potent.
And as others have said, it'll block the effects of tramadol, but you'll still feel the SSRI effects of tramadol.

Anyway, this question has been asked like a million times and you got enough good answers so I'm closing this now.
If you want me to re-open the thread or have a question PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.