• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone stops working and causes withdrawal in long term user (me) please help/read

nuknuk420

Greenlighter
long term sub user here. Been in a sub program for about a year taking 8mg a day. The past week Ive felt like ive been having some slight withdrawal in between doses. Mostly just a weird feeling similar to restless legs. I even went to my regular doctor to try to see if it was something else, because even when i re-dosed on my subs or took more then usual, it didnt completey take away the feeling. (although it helped a little bit). So yesterday, I took my normal 4mg in the mroning dose(Itake 4mg twice per day) and I wasnt feeling great so i took my second dose a little early, with an extra 2mg and I started having hot/cold flashes with really rubbery clammy skin. I waited about an hour and decided to take another 2mg and it seemed to not help at all. I then waited liek another half hour and took a 4mg piece this time and it just wasnt helping. I ended up taking about 24mgs yesterday and felt like shit the whole day with no end it sight. For some reason though I had to GI disturbances liek diarrhea . It was even to the point that I was constipated. I started feeling slightly better around 4 in the morning and actually fell asleep. Sleep was actually fine I slept for a good 8 hours and woke up feeling shitty but not cold sweating or clammy skin just kinda feeling not right. So i dosed 2mg(cuz now im scared to take more subs) and i started to feel slightly better. I feel back asleep and woke up 3 hours later. At this point Im def not feeling great by any means but Im ok. Its not a nightmarish hell like yesterday was. About an hour after I wake up from that nap i start feeling the cold sweats/cl;ammy skin coming on again. So i take another 2 mg and basically just makes it worse the sweats get worse and worse just like yesterday and now I have no idea what to do. I contemplated taking more subs although I afraid its just gonna make it worse. (Similar to precipitated withdrawal, even though I havent taken anything but subs for an entire year. Or going and getting some dope and seeing if that actually makes me feel better. Possibly going to the emergency room and seeing if maybe its possible something else is wrong with me. (Even though Im 99% positive this is withdrawal). What should I do? Please someone help me I have like no one to talk to about this right now. I dont wanna get kicked outta my sub group, but i dont wanna feel like this anymore. Has anyone ever heard of suboxone that stopped working in long term patients and actually caused withdrawals? Is it possible that someonehow my recptors are messed up or something in my brain but not in my gut?(no GI problems) Should I try injecting my subs instead of dosing sublingually? Or should I just completely go get some bags and do heroin for like a god damn month and then try getting back on subs? any input is greatly appreciated. Also sorry if this is the wrong section or against the rules, and sorry if it seems like im rambling and incoherent.

Hi nuk it sounds like you might be getting sick, like the flu or something,for real. Suboxone has a ceiling effect so taking more is not going to do much. You may want go to your doc and get checked out, bloodwork, etc cause it sounds more like a virus or something. Please don't go injecting sub, or buying doc, you've come this far in a year, like I said, you may be coming down with something, for real, best to ya, bono

Hi nuk it sounds like you might be getting sick, like the flu or something,for real. Suboxone has a ceiling effect so taking more is not going to do much. You may want go to your doc and get checked out, bloodwork, etc cause it sounds more like a virus or something. Please don't go injecting sub, or buying doc, you've come this far in a year, like I said, you may be coming down with something, for real, best to ya, bono
yeah i mean I def dont want to get dope and do it I dont even know if it wold make me feel any better anyway....but from personal experience this feels just like what happens when you precitate withdrawal with suboxone. of course, i havent taken anyything buy suboxone in over a year now so obviously something isnt right. Im just wondering if somehow the naloxone is affecting me more then the subs causing the subs not to work. I know that suboxone has a higher affinity then naloxone and its basically impossible but i cant think of any other reason why taking more subs wouldnt help me. I should be able to get out of this sickness. damn i dont know what to do and i have like nobody to talk to about it except the internet right now.

Hey nuk sorry you are feeling this bad, hopefully more people will pipe in here and offer suggestions, but it definitely sounds like something is going on. You know your body and my best suggestion would be to call your doctor,, or maybe even doctor on demand, for support. Once you are here on bluelight, you won't feel so alone, there is alot of support given, here is hoping for ya, fondly, bono

Hey nuk sorry you are feeling this bad, hopefully more people will pipe in here and offer suggestions, but it definitely sounds like something is going on. You know your body and my best suggestion would be to call your doctor,, or maybe even doctor on demand, for support. Once you are here on bluelight, you won't feel so alone, there is alot of support given, here is hoping for ya, fondly, bono
i appreciate the reply. it does feel good to have atleast some support. i def feel ok as compared to yesterday but im still feeling pretty shitty, scared to take subs at all thinking its gonna make it worse, even though that doesnt make any sense. I have group tomorrow and he doctor will be in the building so im gonna tough it out until then and hopefully get a chance to talk with my doctor tomorrow. Although if anypne else is reading this and has an input Id appreciate the reply.

I would get a short daily withdrawal for up to a hour of do of taking my bupe , this has to do with bupe converting to norbuprenorphine over time like heroin this norbuprenorphine is a full agonist and therefore feels much better than buprenorphine . Unfortunately when you redose (too soon) the buprenorphine displaces the norbuprenorphine causing a short withdrawal which can not be remedied by simply taking more. So as you can see bupe is a very complex drug pharmacology wise.

I'd just take full doses and spread them out as much as possible also i"d use to take it in the shower to compensate for the 10 mins or so of feeling icky in the morning

I would get a short daily withdrawal for up to a hour of do of taking my bupe , this has to do with bupe converting to norbuprenorphine over time like heroin this norbuprenorphine is a full agonist and therefore feels much better than buprenorphine . Unfortunately when you redose (too soon) the buprenorphine displaces the norbuprenorphine causing a short withdrawal which can not be remedied by simply taking more. So as you can see bupe is a very complex drug pharmacology wise.

I'd just take full doses and spread them out as much as possible also i"d use to take it in the shower to compensate for the 10 mins or so of feeling icky in the morning
hmm thas interesting.....because both days this happened after i took my morning dose I was fine, but when i re dosed it felt like shit...the seond day i didnt keep re dosing and it only last about an hour...the first day I just kept re dosing and it last all damn day.....today I woke up and took my morning dose but decided to take a little extra so I took 4mg at 330 when I woke up and around 420 i decided this wasnt enough to last me until I can take my evening dose so i quickly took another 4mg and then later tonight before I go to bed ill just take another 4 mg...so far no ill effects today, although I feel kinda shitty, but i think thats just from upping my dose to 24mg saturday and yesterday only taking 8mg...ill report back later and hopefully I have a good day

Suboxone does me the exact same way, I hate it.

The first few days I feel sick as hell on a sub. (i keep them on hand for withdrawals). It doesn't matter how long I wait after my last dose of opiates, it still makes me have runny nose, RLS, upset stomach.

Using your dosage you listed for an example, holy hell, the 1st few days I could take a full 8mg strip in 2-3 doses a day, it makes it worse, and I can't sleep for days.

Maybe you should try a smaller dose one day to see if it really is the subx, like reverse psychology for your body, or see a doctor to be sure it's nothing else.

Bupe has an almost quantum effect. LESS IS MORE. say it to yourself a few times. LESS IS MORE. 24mg in a day is INSANITY and a waste. I could catch a nice nod off 1 mg, or take the whole 8mg and hardly feel it. TRY IT AND SEE.......I have a bout 5 years experience with Bupe, unfortunately. It's one of the hardest withdrawals out there. and the PAWS go on for months. However, it works wonders if used for a very short detox, maybe two weeks tops. After that, welcome to your new addiction, albeit without the euphoria :-(