• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Suboxone. Ran out of my black. Have a q..

grixripz

Greenlighter
Been using H for a couple years just now wanting to ween myself off.

I waited about 16 hours after last shot to take a quarter cut 8 mg suboxone and I felt terrible. Was wondering if I'd feel any better if I took another quarter?

New to bluelight but I have been around for a while and i love this website. It has helped me out with a decent amount of questions I have had. Please let me know of any experiences with this, I appreciate it!

Taking more Suboxone isn’t really gonna help you here unfortunately. The reality is is switching from heroin to Suboxone is a painful process no matter what you do. Honestly you’re just gonna have to ride it out, but just know increasing Suboxone dose likely isn’t going to save the day

Couldn't have said it better myself. If you want to do yourself more good than harm, don't go above 4 mg/day of buprenorphine. The temporary minor mitigation of withdrawal symptoms with higher doses is not worth it, risk to reward, in my opinion (and there are numerous recent studies that 4 mg / day (25% mu-opioid receptor blockade) is sufficient for withdrawals symptoms alone. No matter what you do, it's not going to feel great, but by day three you'll be feeling pretty good @ 2 mg/day instead of worse off than you previously were with insanely high opioid doses from the buprenorphine.

I’m a heavy oxy/ “fentoin” user myself.
Someone gave me about 10-15 2mg suboxone strips once Incase i ever need them.
Normally if I run out of my pills I’ll go grab heroin or fent since there is no heroin around anymore. Anyway about a year ago I went thru all my oxys. I was taking 8-10 30mg blues a day. I ran out couldn’t get heroin and started withdrawing so I took tramadol and Klonopin to hold me over. Didn’t work. Then I stopped that and waited 28 hours and took the 2mg strip on suboxone. I was told I’d have to wait to go into withdrawals to take the subox which I clearly was but instead of helping (I didn’t expect to feel ok full just not withdraw) however, viciously, I went into a worse withdrawel!
So Then I took another 2mg and still further into hell or same hell! Why?? What did I do wrong?
I know ppl take 8mg or 16mg which might be why? Maybe I didn’t take enough?
On the other hand I’ve heard ppl suggest “you’d prob do better with 2mg at a low does” whatever that means.
After the 4mg I was too scared to take more so idk if I increased would I have been ok or not. I don’t understand this drug.
My doctor even said to me once, when he tried to ween me off the pills and onto subs, “you’d just have to wait 8-10 hours after your last pill”. I waited 28 and it didn’t work.
Any thoughts?

Seems that it's different for everyone. After an extended period of opioid use, you'd probably have a fair amount still in your system, even if you're not feeling it.

I wouldn't touch Buprenorphine for at least a few days after ceasing other opioids, even then it would be under a milligrams.

Some people say they take 8mgs Suboxone 12 hours after their last hit and they're fine.

Hey Grix, welcome to the fold :) we love you too man! We are all in this shit alone, but here, we are together.

It sounds like a simple case of precipitated withdrawal. You dosed too much Buprenorphine too soon. In short, you have to wait longer. Inducting on Bupe is a difficult game, but we know how to do it.

If you are willing to follow my advice, here we go.

When you start feeling absolutely terrible and really cannot bear it, break/pull off a minuscule piece of Bupe, a crumb if you will, and put it under your tongue. In the event of precipitated withdrawal, you will only have to deal with minor symptoms.

If that little crumb give you the fear, go ahead and wait a few more hours. Now, repeat the process. You dont feel withdrawal? Time to start truly inducting on the Bupe.

My method is to take a crumb, wait 15 mins, if I feel good, I begin taking larger and larger pieces until I'm at my target dose. You do not have to take 8mg to feel better. You take whatever makes you feel best and move stepwise.

Have no fear. We have a great, sympathetic team and we will hold your hand the whole way if you need.

If you have any questions you can hit us in this thread or send us PM's. Good luck. I'm rooting for you.