• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone, Poppy Seed Tea.. Precipitated Withdrawal.

thatbird

Bluelighter
Alright guys, here my situation. Saturday i went to a Suboxone Doctor... I had done Poppy Seed Tea at 630PM the day before(friday)... and dosed my suboxone at around 430-5pm on Saturday. Needless to say I went into Precipitated withdrawal that night and had a horrible time. The next morning I wake up.. take about 2mg more Suboxone, then another 2mg maybe 2 hours later.. still felt like shit. So I went and got some Poppy Seed Tea. The next day(Yesterday)... I went and got some Poppy Seed Tea and dosed around 1230pm... Here I am today... feeling a bit sick. I just dosed 2mg of Suboxone.

Now.. I know this is stupid and a bunch of back and forth nonsense but PST is no joke and feeling like shit is not an option because of work etc. My question is.. how long after I dosed should I theoretically be free from precipitated withdrawal? I read on Opiophile that if you have suboxone in your system still you can "chip" and get away with dosing an opiate and then going back on to subs. What do you guys think? Its been about 15 minutes and I dont feel any signs of withdrawal. Is it safe to dose some more suboxone?

Looking for assistance asap. Thanks in advance.

Well since I've gotten no replies and am feeling fine at this point.. my next basic question I hope someone could help me with is... am I safe to dose more suboxone? If so, in what increments? Captain.H where art thou?

Thanks mate. You from Santa Rosa? That's too legit. My fiance lives out in Windsor and I'm moving out there in a month.

i love the north bay lots of drugs and bitches and chill ass forests to hike in but yeah you should be fine i just jumped on bupe today after an oxycodone binge

Going back and forth from opiates to bupe is only going to make it harder for the bupe to eventually work.

Next time, you need to wait the necessary amount of time before taking bupe and then once you do, you need to commit and keep taking it, not just saying "eff it" because you don't feel great right away and then going back and using a full agonist again.

That suboxone doctor of yours sounds like a complete idiot. Even I know poppy seed/poppy pod tea has a very long half-life, THUS you must wait a few days to safely administer suboxone as to not cause precipitated withdrawal syndrome. Next time wait at least 48 hours, I think that should suffice. And like Scagnattie said above, going back and forth is only prolonging all of this.

BTW, looks like you stole my picture! jk

Yeah guys, I know. I appreciate the response. I have been on subs for the past few days now and feeling much better. I'm done with the poppy seeds.. shit is worse than actual opiates imo. Like... I need to take more suboxone to deal with the withdrawals from this shit then back when I had an IV Black Tar Heroin habit of like a gram a day. Unreal.

chrisinabox - HA! No way that's too funny. i guess I did, you've been around longer than me.

Alright guys, here my situation. Saturday i went to a Suboxone Doctor... I had done Poppy Seed Tea at 630PM the day before(friday)... and dosed my suboxone at around 430-5pm on Saturday. Needless to say I went into Precipitated withdrawal that night and had a horrible time. The next morning I wake up.. take about 2mg more Suboxone, then another 2mg maybe 2 hours later.. still felt like shit. So I went and got some Poppy Seed Tea. The next day(Yesterday)... I went and got some Poppy Seed Tea and dosed around 1230pm... Here I am today... feeling a bit sick. I just dosed 2mg of Suboxone.

Now.. I know this is stupid and a bunch of back and forth nonsense but PST is no joke and feeling like shit is not an option because of work etc. My question is.. how long after I dosed should I theoretically be free from precipitated withdrawal? I read on Opiophile that if you have suboxone in your system still you can "chip" and get away with dosing an opiate and then going back on to subs. What do you guys think? Its been about 15 minutes and I dont feel any signs of withdrawal. Is it safe to dose some more suboxone?

Looking for assistance asap. Thanks in advance.

The half life of PST is at least 36 hours...Do the math. :cool:

Poppy seeds are actual opiates. When you make a tea with poppy seeds, you are drinking the morphine residue leftover on the seeds, and we all know morphine is an opiate. I don't see why you would need MORE suboxone to come off PST habit than heroin habit unless the tar was really shitty, but it's probably the long half-life making it harder, but just do a short-term suboxone taper, 2 weeks MAX. I think PST/PPT habits are really hard to kick compared to others because its like an opium high, but an 8+hour opium high, a long-acting opium. And opium is morphine, codeine, thebaine, papaverine, and 20 or so more alkaloids, not to say it's necessarily harder to quit opium than say heroin or oxymorphone, but not a huuge difference. Again, do not push the suboxone, you don't want a buprenorphine habit.

You want to be in full blown wds before you take subs. I dont really think its a good maintainance drug, but its great for jumping off. I keep some in case I was to be without meds due to some natural disaster and have to quit CT, cuz thats about all its good for IME. Its in my bug out bag. With subs less is more. I usually do a quick taper or just use it for a break in the middle of CT WDs.

I'm sorry to revive this thread but I feel my experience is relevant. I've been using tea daily for years following a serious accident. Recently I started started a suboxone program. The lady on the phone said I should be in at least light withdrawal, and while she had never heard of people using pods like I was, she advised me to not use anything for 48 hours. This was of course tough and I thank my clonidine prescription for sleeping through most of that, but even after 48 hours there was a detectable amount of morphine in my urine, and I was not in full blown withdrawal (you know... the diarrhea/vomiting/etc) and the doctor actually called me clever for my creative way of dealing with the pain, and that he'd never had a patient do so. In any case he did prescribe me some suboxone strips, which I had to go to the pharmacy and come right back and take in front of him so he could demonstrate the most effective way to use them and whatnot. Bottom line is, the 4mg (half strip) he gave me, after the 48 hour opiate hiatus, did fix the relatively mild withdrawal I was in and did do a good job with the pain. I can only assume that if I had only abstained 24 hours from the pods, the suboxone would have instigated the feared precipitated withdrawal, if it had even been prescribed (they actually did a pretty thorough exam to see if I was in withdrawal, like checking how steady i could hold my hands, checking pupils, all vitals, and of course the urinalysis)

Again, sorry for the revival but IME full blown withdrawal wasn't neccessary for the suboxone to do it's proper job.

And on a side note, those around me have noted that I seem like a more coherent, likable person than when I was just using pods. The doctor mentioned something about the buprenorphine not affecting the prefrontal cortex or something or other and that I should actually seem smarter... never heard that but hey sounds good to me. Good luck to all

Not everyone has to be in full blown withdraw. I know i gotta be 16 hours at least and I'm good to go! I have done it at 14 once boy was I nervous. After my last roxi

Hey there! I'm new to bluelight and this is literally my first reply ever, even though I have used bluelight for years for my own help. As stated before me bupe is not a good thing to go back and forth on from other opiates. Let me share my experience. After a nasty 400mg roxi habit for 5 years I got on suboxone. I was clean for 8 months and it was wonderful. December of 2013 day before xmas I relapsed. I thought to myself hey I've been clean for 8 months one time wont hurt. That one time turned into 2, then 3, then next thing I know here I am literally going off subs and back on oxy. This repeated for almost a year. It was a viscous cycle. The longer I kept going off subs and on opiates and then back on subs the more the subs stopped working. It eventually got to a point to where the subs stopped working almost completely which was so hard for me to understand because when I first started taking subs it worked perfect. Even if I waited 48 hours after my last oxy dose the subs would work maybe 10 percent. I don't recommend going on and off subs if you ever want to use them to get clean. Just thought I should share my experience. Best of luck

I'm sorry to revive this thread but I feel my experience is relevant. I've been using tea daily for years following a serious accident. Recently I started started a suboxone program. The lady on the phone said I should be in at least light withdrawal, and while she had never heard of people using pods like I was, she advised me to not use anything for 48 hours. This was of course tough and I thank my clonidine prescription for sleeping through most of that, but even after 48 hours there was a detectable amount of morphine in my urine, and I was not in full blown withdrawal (you know... the diarrhea/vomiting/etc) and the doctor actually called me clever for my creative way of dealing with the pain, and that he'd never had a patient do so. In any case he did prescribe me some suboxone strips, which I had to go to the pharmacy and come right back and take in front of him so he could demonstrate the most effective way to use them and whatnot. Bottom line is, the 4mg (half strip) he gave me, after the 48 hour opiate hiatus, did fix the relatively mild withdrawal I was in and did do a good job with the pain. I can only assume that if I had only abstained 24 hours from the pods, the suboxone would have instigated the feared precipitated withdrawal, if it had even been prescribed (they actually did a pretty thorough exam to see if I was in withdrawal, like checking how steady i could hold my hands, checking pupils, all vitals, and of course the urinalysis)

Again, sorry for the revival but IME full blown withdrawal wasn't neccessary for the suboxone to do it's proper job.

And on a side note, those around me have noted that I seem like a more coherent, likable person than when I was just using pods. The doctor mentioned something about the buprenorphine not affecting the prefrontal cortex or something or other and that I should actually seem smarter... never heard that but hey sounds good to me. Good luck to all

If you and/or your Dr. plan on using bupe' for some chronic pain control, use as sparingly as possible...more likely less than 4 mg. (or even 2mg)
wait as long as you can between dosing (the "stacking" adds up very quick) If you get the idea to take more when pain flares up more, you will find the numerous side effects negate the reason they work at all for pain.

Last edited:
Not everyone has to be in full blown withdraw. I know i gotta be 16 hours at least and I'm good to go! I have done it at 14 once boy was I nervous. After my last roxi
Thank you for that post. I've been having this question for quite a while now. I have friends who take subs off and on, they will be on meds for a while and then quit using subs, but neither of them have done the (24 hr minimum or COWS score of 26 etc),they just take their first dose in the morning when they start feeling crappy if they had their last dose at say dinnertime the night before. They have told me it is completely unnecessary to wait 24 hrs or longer to start subs and that mild withdrawals are sufficient enough. I am wanting to start subs tomorrow to come off a nasty oxy habit (has become a daily IV habit for the last month straight at around 150mg a day) and I have 2.5 8mg subs and 2 12 mg subs. I've been told this is sufficient for the 5-6 days I plan on doing this. My question is,do you think I'd be okay to start my first dose at 20 hrs? I had my last shot at 4:30,and that would be 12:30pm to hit the 20 hr mark. I just can't stand waiting that long and feeling like that. Even though there's no vomiting or diarrhea etc it's still so unpleasant and uncomfortable. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

I just baked my pst in preheat oven 450 degree, then leave for 10 min, 250 degree. does this sublime all the thebaine and leaves morphine ? this is suppose to be a morphine extraction method.

Alizbor, did you go to a clinic, psych or other doctor? How did you find them? Looking to get off PST this way. I want to choose a good doc that will not force me to take too much and that will at least try to understand poppy seed tea. I also want to be able to take something for sleep. Some sound so strict, making you take meds in front of a pharmacist each time, testing you regularly, while others just write the script and send you on your way. My regular doc probably can't prescribe it, right?