• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone PAWS?

Deadhead420

Bluelighter
I just got out of a 30 day rehab Monday. Mostly went there because of court but also to detox off suboxone. I was taking under half a mg a day. The physical withdrawal lasted about 16 days... not too intense (I never puked) but there was still a week there where I couldn't sleep for more than an hour or two a night.

Now here's the thing... after the physical withdrawals stopped I started getting a headache and a cough that are still continuing. Then, my last couple days at rehab I started getting this anxiety, tightness feeling in my chest in the mornings. I thought it was because I was excited to leave but this is also still continuing and is defiantly physical not mental.

I used 30mg oxycodone on Wednesday. Didn't use Thursday. Then yesterday morning that anxiety feeling was back. I took 10mg valium and that helped but didn't completely get rid of it. I ended up scoring some loratabs later last night did 20mg hydrocodone and got pretty high (yay for a low tollerance again :)).

I just woke up, had that anxiety feeling again and took 10mg hydrocodone. I actually feel a little buzz and that made it go away completely.

My question is... how long does this PAWS shit last? I thought I would be out of the woods after 30 days and able to pop some tabs occasionally without any withdrawals. I mean I don't even know if I would count them as withdrawals because they aren't bad at all and it seems to go away as the day goes on.

I was popping tabs, percs, and OC ocassionally for years without a problem or any kind of withdrawal whatsoever. The problem started when my friend injected me with hydromorphone. Then I got on Suboxone because I was too scared of withdrawals... probably a mistake looking back on it... fuck 16 days of withdrawals.

I guess I'm gonna answer my own question here. I ended up relapsing, 40mg of OC was the last thing I took and now I'm feeling back to normal. I went to the doc and he hooked me up too. I got valium, clonidine, and phenegren. That and a little weed makes for the most comfortable withdrawals.

My doc also has me on 300mg Wellbutrin daily and that's the only thing I plan on taking long term. He recommended 6 months minimum to get my dopamine levels back to normal and to help my anxiety.