• Notable Threads 1 Notable Threads 2
    Notable Threads 3 Addiction Support
    Emergency Services Benzo Guide v.1
    Addiction Stories Scary Case Studies
    Biology, Pharmacology & Drugs 101

Bupe Suboxone Mega Thread and FAQ v. 19

Cakusnie

Greenlighter
I met with an MAT doc recently. I shared that I had 'misused' subs by going intranasal and rectal route because I had heard about increased BA. She gave me a look and told me this information was incorrect and best BA is SL

iamthesuck

Bluelighter
I feel like some of them don't know. But the best way to stabilize is to go SL. You need a low tolerance to get any mood lifting effects from Bupe. It works really well as intended, I've had limited positive experience snorting.

radiodog

Greenlighter
Hey guys, just just checkin in with yall. Beenon subs a few times in the past and going to get back on them with a doc tomorrow.

I have a question for you guys. What do you think of using suboxone for a meth addict? See, I was a heroin/opiate addict for most of my drug-life and in the last couple years have switched to meth. (Dont ask why, mainly availability reasons.) But I can honestly say I crave meth and think about it a LOT less when I'm on suboxone. What do you guys think?

Loocifer

Greenlighter
Hey guys, first time posting and hoping this is the right place for it. Here goes;

A little over a month ago I went into detox to try and kick my H habit. I was doing about a gram a day of H that apparently had fent in it as well. When I got into detox I was so, so horribly sick. I remember rocking back and forth and screaming a lot. They thought they were going to have to send me to the hospital but tried giving me 2, then 4, then 8mgs of bupe and that was enough to hold me, though it was still a really rough night. By day 4 I felt fine and was released and of course went right back to the dope man bc even though I felt ok I still wasn't sleeping and my anxiety was through the roof. Anyway fast forward a month later and I've gone to the clinic and gotten a script for bupe, the 8mg pills. I started them 2 days ago on Tuesday taking 4mg, then 8. I took 8mgs yesterday and 6 today even though I still feel pretty sick. I'm soaked in sweat, I have chills, anxiety, insomnia, skin feels like sand paper. I had really hoped this was going to work this time but I still feel sick and its getting really hard to not say fuck it and not take my dose tomorrow and go cop before work bc I have to work tomorrow night. Am I doing something wrong? I just don't get why I still feel so shitty after 3 days. Idk if it matters but I'm 32, 120lbs with a high metabolism.

Automator

Bluelighter
Hey guys, first time posting and hoping this is the right place for it. Here goes;

A little over a month ago I went into detox to try and kick my H habit. I was doing about a gram a day of H that apparently had fent in it as well. When I got into detox I was so, so horribly sick. I remember rocking back and forth and screaming a lot. They thought they were going to have to send me to the hospital but tried giving me 2, then 4, then 8mgs of bupe and that was enough to hold me, though it was still a really rough night. By day 4 I felt fine and was released and of course went right back to the dope man bc even though I felt ok I still wasn't sleeping and my anxiety was through the roof. Anyway fast forward a month later and I've gone to the clinic and gotten a script for bupe, the 8mg pills. I started them 2 days ago on Tuesday taking 4mg, then 8. I took 8mgs yesterday and 6 today even though I still feel pretty sick. I'm soaked in sweat, I have chills, anxiety, insomnia, skin feels like sand paper. I had really hoped this was going to work this time but I still feel sick and its getting really hard to not say fuck it and not take my dose tomorrow and go cop before work bc I have to work tomorrow night. Am I doing something wrong? I just don't get why I still feel so shitty after 3 days. Idk if it matters but I'm 32, 120lbs with a high metabolism.
If you’re in withdrawal, I’d ask for 16mg or even 24mg to start.

Try that, after a few days you should stabilize on the bupe - but you HAVE to stop the heroin.

Fentanyl is hard to convert to Suboxone - if you can tough it out, I think you’ll be fine. Methadone is also an option. Just have them get you comfortable, then taper down to 20-30mg before you jump to Suboxone.

Hang in there bud, you’re almost at the finish line.