• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone Just As Good As Methadone For Pain

If Suboxone was the last Rx Opioid on the market, and the Heroin where I am stays infested with botulism and krokodil or whatever the fuck, (I'll shoot fent if I know it's fent), then I'd probably take Kratom before Bupe. If I couldn't take Kratom, I just don't know what I'd do. I hate Bupe. I've been addicted to Rx and Heroin for 16 years straight, and for me personally Bupe never fully gets rid of my intense cravings, nor does it make me feel all the way well. I know it's a life-saver for people who have to kick real fast, but I would never recommend a Bupe regimen. I needed benzos, sleeping pills, gabas, shitloads of weed..... Methadone works best for me.

Buprenorphine is of course a potent opioid and analgesic; Alas, it has a ceiling effect and skewed dose response curve

Pf coursr going to 8-12mg SL will increase analgesic effectiveness, though try going much above that, and only side effects (and likely) duration increases. Methadone, a cancer patient or hardcore addict can receive 100mg or more; you can never go above 24mg w/ bupe, and even that's questionable

Plus, no breakthrough medication. , except fentanly, which would be absurd

MD is a superior analgesic for SEVERR ROUND THE CLOCKpaon, or terminal

If Suboxone was the last Rx Opioid on the market, and the Heroin where I am stays infested with botulism and krokodil or whatever the fuck, (I'll shoot fent if I know it's fent), then I'd probably take Kratom before Bupe.
Lmao! Jeez, it's not THAT bad!

Buprenorphine is of course a potent opioid and analgesic; Alas, it has a ceiling effect and skewed dose response curve

Pf coursr going to 8-12mg SL will increase analgesic effectiveness, though try going much above that, and only side effects (and likely) duration increases. Methadone, a cancer patient or hardcore addict can receive 100mg or more; you can never go above 24mg w/ bupe, and even that's questionable

Plus, no breakthrough medication. , except fentanly, which would be absurd

MD is a superior analgesic for SEVERR ROUND THE CLOCKpaon, or terminal
If we are only analyzing analgesia, then yeah, probably. However, for an average chronic pain dude like me, I have to factor in everything. The worst part about methadone is the doctor being up your butt with urine tests and constant office visits. With bupe it's like "here's your shit, see you in half a year"! Also, for me personally, I was only on 15 mg methadone, so the shift to Sub actually doubled my effects, because bupe seems to be equal to 30 mg methadone :) The pain relief is similar, although because I have so many extra pills, I can easily take one near bedtime, which I never ever had the luxury of doing with methadone, due to doctor being so goddamned stingy with the script.

A full 2mg Sub kills all pain, plus nice sedated buzz.

You should really try to lower your dose. With sub less is more and the pain killing effects don't seem to increase much after you reach the threshold. When sub is prescribed for pain (not maintenance) the dose is in the ug range instead of the mg range. Since you've been using so much you might have to deal with some w/d to get down to this but:

When I was on sub they placed me on 16mg daily for a mild habit. This was the starter dose for every patient at that clinic. I started with 2mg and found it to be plenty to stave off cravings. As time went on I mainly wanted it for pain and I discovered that taking 1/4th of a mg was just as good as taking 2mg for the pain killing effects. Since the high goes away after being on it for some time it only became useful for pain at a certain point. By doing this I stretched a 2 week supply from the clinic for many months.

You should really try to lower your dose. With sub less is more and the pain killing effects don't seem to increase much after you reach the threshold. When sub is prescribed for pain (not maintenance) the dose is in the ug range instead of the mg range. Since you've been using so much you might have to deal with some w/d to get down to this but:

When I was on sub they placed me on 16mg daily for a mild habit. This was the starter dose for every patient at that clinic. I started with 2mg and found it to be plenty to stave off cravings. As time went on I mainly wanted it for pain and I discovered that taking 1/4th of a mg was just as good as taking 2mg for the pain killing effects. Since the high goes away after being on it for some time it only became useful for pain at a certain point. By doing this I stretched a 2 week supply from the clinic for many months.
Thanks for the words of wisdom! I did actually taper from 6mg/day to 4 mg and the only WD symptom was a constant runny nose ;) So I will try to scale back to 4mg starting tomorrow. What about my plan to take tiny doses during the daytime so I have no pain during work and exercise, and then a larger dose in the evening for the sedation effect?

Case closed. After a month or so on sub, I can say with absolute certainty that it is an excellent painkiller.
Case Re-opened! Cervical nerve pain's got me seriously questioning SUBs efficacy. Doc wants to increase the dose. I am considering what to do. As soon as the nerve pain subsides (pun) I would like to experiment with lowering. The lowest I've gotten is 4mg. Maybe thats even better than the larger dose I spread through my day?

By the way, for all who are constipated: Try psyllium husk, usually found in the bulk section at the Co-op type store. 1 tsp tossed n washed with h2o has me regular, although Im too constipated to even consider plugging! This sucks because Ive heard Sub is best plugged ;) I even bought a cool "lube shooter" to plug painlessly and without wasting any like the oral syringes can at times!

Old post, but I want to echo this. Psyllium husk is the best thing I have ever found to combat opioid constipation. It's also just good for you regardless. It keeps things flowing and prevents your shits from getting rock hard and painful. Since I started psyllium husk, I have not had a constipation problem. Before I was taking 10 x 200mg ducosate sodium stool softeners per day just to not rip my asshole apart every few days, and it didn't work nearly as well. Additionally, psyllium husk gives you the majority of your soluble and insoluble fiber required for proper daily fiber intake. 10/10, would recommend.

From 4 mgs to 16,
Psyllium tis a dream
Now I sit in deep shit
glad I'm off the morphine.

Both are good for pain....but methadone is stronger for me

Both are good for pain....but methadone is stronger for me
Seconded. Methadone has no ceiling effect. It's a full.agonist rather than partial agonist.

I do feel like bupe is .or euphoric though but not as good as methadone for analgesia

I have a very high tolerance because I was in hospice on an extreme amount of narcotics you wouldn't believe me if i told you and after reviewing all my history several doctors concur i will have to be on methadone for the rest of my life. This is unfortunate, but they were just trying to make me more comfortable as i was told i had 12 to 18 months left and was confined to a hospital bed 24/7 at home. I've been on almost every single legal opioid in the US and i can definitely say that suboxone/subutex never worked for pain for me, it was only effective for managing withdrawal and slowly coming off opioids, that was before hospice, afterwards, the max dose of 8mg 3x per day did next to nothing and I was in acute withdrawal. Now, I'm on 60mg of methadone 4x a day and 8mg of dilaudid 6x a day which is about 5% of the narcotics I was on in hospice, it was very difficult to do as my hospice dr retired and I had to go down very fast. But as far as the analgesia of buprenorphine to methadone, it doesnt compare at all...they are using methadone to treat cancer pain now, and they used to make a 40mg wafers and patients used to be on 700-800mg per day, like 20 years ago anyway. (Stopped making the 40mg ones like 6 or 7 years go) But methadone is the best medication for me in so many ways....as a painkiller (despite its half life it only works for pain for 6 to 8 hours, which is what the dr at a methadone clinic told me years ago and said I needed to be in pain management, I just moved back to California a week ago, I was in Arizona for a couple months then Laughlin Nevada for a couple months then las vegas for over a year, and it was as complete nightmare, i had to be hospitalized about 25 times because no doctor would manage my tolerance and I would have grand mal and tonic clonic seizures, I had one right in front of a nurse practitioner in a pain drs office once just before I was about to get my prescriptions and they called an ambulance & sent me back to the hospital.....like no one prescribes methadone there & they had me on 200mg of mscontin twice a day and that sucked compared to the methadone.....anyway, those are my 2 cents, I dont come on here often I was looking up something but couldn't find it oh well, but if anyone has any questions about anything, I've been prescribed everything except onsolis, kadian, and exalgo...well I was prescribed kadian and exalgo but my insurance wouldn't cover it and it was in the 4 digits lol, kadian is a 24 hr time release morphine, exalgo is a 24 hr time release dilaudid, and onsolis is one of the instant release fentanyl medications, the only one I was never put on because it needs a special delivery company paperwork filled out and a bunch of xtra stuff that the other instant release fentanyl products (lazanda, fentora, actiq, abstral, subsys, etc didnt need) u gotta be really sick to get your insurance to pay for those too, otherwise they are ridiculously expensive, lazanda is the most effective painkiller I've ever had, but it costs like 50 grand a month if you're not sick enough to warrant your insurance prescribing it)
Damn dude...sounds like they got you junkeyed out ....Watch that breathing, that is entirely too many opiates for anybody...are you still alive