• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Suboxone home detox advice needed!!!!!!! Comfort meds??

Quick update:

As I explained in previous posts I’ve been taking 24mg/day of generic Suboxone (Avagen) sublingual strips. I went a day at just 20mg. Felt so-so the next day and tried to take 24mg again the 2nd day. By bedtime I was hurting and couldn’t sleep so I took the additional 4mg to make it an even 24 for the day. I ended up doing this 20mg every other day for about 6 days. Decided I needed to just push through the pain of sticking at 20mg until I evened out there.

Well today I was able to get ahold of a handful of 300mg tablets of Gabapentin. I’ve taken this before. I was def having some withdrawal pain from taking only 20mg of the subs. I took 3,000mg of Gabapentin staggered in 600 mg doses every 45 minutes or so through the afternoon and I feel no withdrawals now. So, I’m pleased with the Gabapentin and am going to ask my Dr for a script to use for a day or two when I do decreases on the Subs. I know there’s a risk of dependency with Gabapentin, but the half life is short so if I only take it for 2 days at a time during the toughest days of my taper I’ll be fine.

Glad I tried it out!!

I’ll keep the thread updated.

How long do you want i to take? 3 months or a year? Its gonna be excrutiating either way...

Gabapentin is good just keep in mind tolerance builds extremely fast with it. Just plan a nice gentle slow taper while you stock up on comfort meds. I think 6 months is a good time frame to think about this in

I’m gonna take as long as long as it takes. I already tapered off once and it wasn’t “excruciating”, per what @Benzorider says. In fact I don’t think posts like yours are appropriate. All you’re doing is scaring the shit out of people about things that don’t necessarily need to be so frightened of and it just causes anxiety and fear in people. I did it in about 3-4 months once before and it wasn’t that bad at all. Just gotta go slow, pay attention to what your body is telling you, and get lots of excersize and do other healthy things. Being involved in a recovery group helps a lot as well as controlling your thinking about how you feel. I don’t like the way Gabapentin makes me feel, so I don’t think I’m going to use it. I’m on a daily dose of 50mg Valium. I’ll be able to get down to 4-8 mg without too much trouble as long as I pay attention to my body. At that point I’ll have to slow it down, but with a lot of cardio and keeping myself busy I’ll be fine. Was hoping there were some comfort meds I wasn’t aware of that people could share here.

Last edited:
Because I wanted others experiences and advice. Plus it’s not really any concern of yours why I’m asking. Have you ever come off Subs? Why are you posting unhelpful semi-confrontational messages?

Last edited:
Yeah, somniliscious hit the nail in the head when he/she said “ I know exactly how you feel when you say its ruining your life. Been there done that, apathetic depression, unable to experience pleasure, no motivation... Dead inside.” That’s a really good description, plus I feel sick (kinda like . withdrawals) about 50% of the time I’m awake.

I hate them. It’s like they give me all the side effects of Kratom/Opiates without the high. I just want to be clean off everything.

Hope that answered your question.

I feel similar about suboxone- I wondered if a) it made me depressed and apathetic ...b) increased inflammation and pain in my body and c) actually keeps me craving opiates because opiates in my system so I have actually abused it which I am ashamed of. I look forward to learning from your detox and I hope if you do it slowly and taper that your withdrawal is minimized... I am only on 3 mg ...curious how long I should take to wean off when I am ready- not ready yet but in new year is my plan. Keep posting with progress!!!

Last edited:
Wow!! I wish I was only on 3mg!!!

I’ve tapered from 32mg/day to 16mg/day in the last 6 weeks. I just dropped from 20mg to 16mg a day ago. Definitely feeling it, but it’s not debilitating. Makes everything hard to do though. I’ll stay at 16mg till I even out, which I expect to take 10-14 days. At that point I’ll determine what my next move is. I know I’m going to have to decrease the size of my drops soon. Will keep this thread updated. I’m willing to go through some pain to get this bullshit over with, but I suspect it’s going to take several more months, maybe 3ish if I’m lucky. Stay strong! Just decrease by maybe a 1/4 or a 1/2 mg and see how that goes. I don’t really trust Drs anymore, except my Dr because he’s in recovery himself and tapered off Subs years ago. You can do it. Just remember after a decrease, my experience has been, that the worst of it is over after 3-5 days. Then it starts getting better. Depends on how long you’ve been on it. Best of luck!!! I’ll be sending positive vibes your way!! 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼

When I detoxed myself from Suboxone the final jump was from 1mg every third day ish. I was only eating enough to have it register in my urine the following day. Peed Monday Wednesday and Friday I would eat 8 mg the night before. I kept on that route and cut myself down to 1mg eventually and used phenibut for sleep.

I understand my dosing method is different than the one mentioned above I just hope that maybe this info helps. I was noticeably "sick" for 2 weeks following me stopping this dosing regimine

The worst part will be when you get under 4mg. Honestly I think anything over 4mg doesn’t really do much and if I were you I’d go right to 4 mg and see how you feel for a week.

You might look into a good magnesium supplement. Imodium can work well for some. But neither of these will work on the level of bentos or gabapentin or Kratom. Good luck!

Let’s face it bupe is a fucking weird drug! Personally I agree with the above post that anything above 4mg is all about the same, it certainly was for me. In fact I’m down to 2mg now and I feel it much more than 8. My advice for what it’s worth is get sown to 4 fairly sharpish and take it from there. The more I read about this shit the more I realise how different the bupe experience is from one person to the next.
Good luck, all the best.

Im at 2 mg and sadly not doing well. I literally took a knife and shaved a lil dust every day. I know it sould little different but im down. Well ive held on 2 mgs a wk and its my 7th day. Dont know whats going on with my body its worse ay 7 than 1. Have i done something wrong? Please could someone help..take 4 mg klonopin and 3 600s.

I got back on opiates to get off methadone. I was using a gram a day for 2 years, then on methadone for 3 years went back to H, detoxed, relapsed a month later, did H for 3 months, then got serious about quitting and I took 2 strips then over one week I got down to the tiniest sliver, I had to use tweezers to place it on the vein of my tongue. I believe the key is to use subs to detox and get off before you allow yourself to become dependent on the sub. Then smoked weed HEAVILY to sleep after jumping off the sliver of sub. You will kick in your sleep (if you do sleep) for a while. Message me if you need to talk to someone. Hope this helps. Been clean for 4 months now
I could really use help