• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone help

Methodsx

Greenlighter
Yesterday i took 12 mg of Suboxone one time once in my life at 11 am yesterday because i was out of my script and was feeling horrible if im withdrawling after 24 hours and take one of my roxys will it waste it or help my wds. Like i said it was a one time thing once in my life but i see these stories people on them months years if it was a one day thing should i be good after 24 hours this sucks been sweating 10 hours straight and didnt sleep at all last night. Any input on help with this is appreciated i need my script for pain and i see people say weeks later feel nothing i only did it once one day not months years or even multiple days. Should i be good after 24 hours i am starting to get my regular withdrawls abd some.

Just confused see all the stories of people on for months weeks even days it was a one time thing and i regret it now would of rather waited it out im scared ill waste my script but im scared im gonna be hurting all day and not know if they will even work.

Also i took it orally not to get high but to not be sick should of left them go until i was ready but any input is welcome please anyone��

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you experienced PWD. 12mg is a high dose of buprenorphine to take as a one off for most people, but you should be able to feel your normal opioids sooner than later. Might be a day or two until you can take normal doses and feel a normal effect, but you won't be in withdrawal like you were with the PWD.

What opioids do you normally take? I take it you've had a bit of a hard time taking it as prescribed if you ran out early? It would be worthwhile to talk to your prescriber about getting you a dose that holds you better or adding another medication so you don't run out of your primary script early. That is, if this is a recurring issue with you and your use of opioid medication.

Ran out early for the first time this week because one day i did more than i was supposed to because i was in excruciating pain. I should of saved it and twelve is high now that i think of it but ive been on roxicodone for over four years now.

And sorry i might sound stupid i didnt sleep last night pwd is the withdrawls from the sub. I dont care if i get high never was the point just need pain relief and dont wanna take it if its just gonna be mostly blocked by the bup.

With the buprenorphine you'll probably notice a bit of a blockade effect for a few days, but unless you're in super acute pain normal opioid pain medication should still help with analgesia until the remainder of the buprenorphine in your system works it's way out. Technically that could take a week, but as you only use it once, even if at a high dose, makes me imagine that it will be a couple days more like. But again, it won't necessarily prevent your meds from doing their job in terms of analgesia (although you may need to increase the dose of full agonists to feel their full effects).

Well in 45 minutes itll be 24 hours since the sub i feel a little sick mainly my normal sweats cold chills etc i know you cant say for sure but say i wait another hour would a roxy help with the wd because i dont wanna take any more sub until i get off of these i should of done more research 24-36 hour half life is insane but i was thibkinn same thing was a one time deal so figured maybe it might be a little faster

Thanks for your input much appreciated. Just wanted to make sure after 24 hours i can take a roxy and if it will help with wd.

Short answer: Yes. It might not be as potent as it normally is, but it will reduce if not eliminate any withdrawal you're experiencing.

I could feel 60mg oxycodone oral 12hrs after taking buprenorphine (I wasn't dependent on buprenorphine at the time). This is more oxycodone I'd normally have to use, but I'm just sharing this so as to let you know what your desiring to do is far from an impossible situations.

Cool like i said i dont wanna get high just stop these withdrawls and get on with it. Thanks for the advice and your experience how much bup did you do before those 12 hours?

Update took my normal dose lets see if it helps me with wds kind of doing a study for someone whos only used sub once. Ill post back in 30-45 gotta drive my mom somewhere ill let ya know how i feel and if it worked proper now for the record one time use in 27 years took 12 mg waited 24hr did 60 mg oxycodone ill be praying hope you have a wonderful day ty for everything was so scared idk why been on these for the last four years lets see how it works!!

No worries! Let us know how it goes, have fun with mother ;) and feel better soon!

I have such a hard time being in a moving vehicle with my moms sometimes, just like she used to have a hard time being in the same car with her own mother ;)

Lol youre awesome i decided to let her drive my car instead im with her but its a little sketchy. Just to let ya know it helped pain very slightly got rid of all my wds for now. After this script i think im gonna do a week or two taper tops im tired of relying on pills but im finally ready after last nights horrors and many nights before enough is enough i was given them by a doc to help my pain and i became addicted in a few months not even im an addict both parents were i struggled alot and when i got the roxys i was so excited but really just ruined my life. Its almost like i need adderall some days to even wanna do anything ill feel normal but just kinda blegh dont wanna do anything. Thanks though i feel good for now im gonna wait another day or two at least before i do another ill have to man up but i wanna make sure i get the most out of them not half of it being blocked or whatever.