• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone for the Opiate Tolerant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hope296

Greenlighter
Wondering if subs will provide any sort of high at this point? really opiate tolerant (dome 80s regularly) but rarely have withdrawals, so i wouldnt say im dependent, just tolerant. new to BL so i'll be better about finding the correct place for a post!

Wondering if subs will provide any sort of high at this point? really opiate tolerant (dome 80s regularly) but rarely have withdrawals, so i wouldnt say im dependent, just tolerant. new to BL so i'll be better about finding the correct place for a post!

We need to know an exact amount of how many days a week you use. So what I am saying is mostly assumption until you respond with your dosage/usage patterns.

I have to assume you are using multiple times a week if you are using 80mg of methadone (which is a rather large dose for a recreational user). The reason you don't feel w/d, is because methadone has an extremely long half life, so even if you used every other day or even every 3 days, with that high of a dose, it never has time to wear off to give you w/d. Also, with that dose and the usage pattern that I am assuming you have, I would say you that you are indeed dependent, rather then tolerant.

To catch a good nod from suboxone, you need to be pretty much opiate naive. Using a methadone dose that high, don't count on catching a nod from it. That said, many who use it for maintenance report getting good effects (including myself) but it's not "opiate-ish" and I feel it's in a class of it's own, hard to describe. If you do plan on using suboxone, you will need to substain methadone use for at least 72hrs or more to prevent precipitated w/d.

no I think he meant OC 80's, cause he wrote dome as in head. If that's the case you might catch a buzz.

Suboxone will not get you high with an exceedingly high tolerance, it's a very great high with a low opiate tolerance. Such is the nature of partial agonists (partial agonist benzos are a good example too).

This is a pretty basic question which could have gone into the mega thread so I'm going to close this, please refer to the last link in my signature. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.