• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone Doctors... Will they prescribe other meds to come off Subs?

I'm glad subs help so many people, but the system makes tons of money by over pricing this stuff and selling it to people who just want to change their lives! Now they have you addicted to THEIR product, which is why these centers want people to start at 16mg or so. If you can keep your dose LOW, do it and get off in less than one week! Love yall.

I'm glad subs help so many people, but the system makes tons of money by over pricing this stuff and selling it to people who just want to change their lives! Now they have you addicted to THEIR product, which is why these centers want people to start at 16mg or so. If you can keep your dose LOW, do it and get off in less than one week! Love yall.

This is true, 16mg is a huge dose and I would like to think 98% unnecessary to the majority of people. But it is worth noting at least in my own experiences and from what I've read from others, is that coming from 16mg to 4-8mg is nearly painless, which of course does not make the prescribing "right". And I suppose that starting someone on 16mg pretty much guarantees a long-term Suboxone patient. Also you are right that Sub can and sometimes should be stopped and tapered after only a week's worth of use to completely skip all WD (as bupe will replace the opiates, but you wont become addicted to bupe). And I 100% agree but only that this should be offered as an option, as well as maintenance. I used that method successfully for years just from buying bupe off the streets, and this in a way allowed me to maintain but not nearly in the same way I have been able to maintain while on Suboxone.

But all-in-all, you're right it is way incredibly over-expensive and incredibly addictive which is not so very well known to many when coming into the programs. I believe strongly that if they were to offer short term Suboxone detox for a wide array of patients that it would be incredibly impactful.

eyeofhorrus- i didnt know you only wanted or expected a 3-5 day supply of benzos..

i agree, i would not trust many subuxone doctors, they want to keep you in it..what i recently found absurd is a friend had a 30 gram daily kratom habit, he could not kick it so they put him on 8 mgs of Subutex daily.the guy goes from not being able to quit kratom to a much stronger opiod which will be much harder to kick than kratom..plus, they started him at 8 mgs!? i mean why?i also was bothered when he said his doctors have no set plan with subutex, and seem like they will be happy to keep him on it for life

i agree, i would not trust many subuxone doctors, they want to keep you in it..what i recently found absurd is a friend had a 30 gram daily kratom habit, he could not kick it so they put him on 8 mgs of Subutex daily.the guy goes from not being able to quit kratom to a much stronger opiod which will be much harder to kick than kratom..plus, they started him at 8 mgs!? i mean why?i also was bothered when he said his doctors have no set plan with subutex, and seem like they will be happy to keep him on it for life

Wow, that is definitely some bad doctoring stuff for realz. I was never truly informed on what to expect from my Suboxone program but some doctors are better than others. But in this case, how could they even know for a fact that he was taking Kratom? Generally, a urinalysis will reveal opiates. And a presence of opiates makes Suboxone safe to prescribe. So to not adhere to this and put someone onto suboxone for that fact alone is nearly outrageous. I've seen someone messed up badly for nearly 10 hours off of 4mg subs with no tolerance, and not even in a fun way. Eww.

Some of them doctors are very lenient and will prescribe you a benzo along with the Subs for withdrawal however most doctors are very strict and are against prescribing benzos or any controlled substance at that matter, I'm sure you can still get non-controlled drugs that will be helpful from either dr.

Some sub doctors suck! I have been there, with this one quack, my first sub doc who charged me $500 to sit in a room, by myself and watch videos this self absorbed fuck made of himself, basically saying, in a different way each stupid ass video "I am doing great for my self. You should too, I am a doctor, you are a POS junkie, get a life.", not in those exact words, but you would get the point. He also wrote a book about himself, we had to read before seeing him and getting the suboxone script, wouldn't script anything else no matter what.. worst sub doc you could I ever had, that charged a SHIT TON of money too. He had a 1/2 to 1 star rating online, after that I needless to say relapsed, not even 2-3 weeks of trying subs... and stayed that way, til I found a great sub doc years later.

The next doc was awesome, especially going from that first stupid ass doctor! The 2nd doc, had no problem hearing me out and listened to what I had to say, instead of being a dick and interrupting every thing I would ask, with some sort of wrong reply and false info like the first one I had... And I have since only had 2 slip ups because I was a serious SERIOUS opiate addict to anything from over 300mg a day of oxy, or more if I had the money or any equipotent dose of another strong opioid, like dilly or H.. IV too. But it all worked out after my last smaller slip up, just like a 2 week relapse with dope. The first couple were over 1-2 years.. so I am currently now at a wonderful sub doc, actually a group of a few different docs, that are all awesome and actually give a fuck!

This is my 3rd bupe maintanence program, and my doctor listens to me and knows I am not lying, blantantly seeking drugs to fuck me up.. She had no prob switching me from suboxone to subutex when I could no longer afford it, also had no problem keeping me on the klonopin I had been on for years from my 2nd doc(who was great too), and when I was diagnosed with ADHD by my psychiatrist she had no problem giving me Adderall for that.. I feel blessed to have such a great doc or docs, seeing some of your guys' posts on how your sub doc wont even give you a script for gabapentin, god forbid they give you a benzo, like 0.5mg of Ativan a day.. That is so stupid to me, doctors who say "You will most definitely die from mixing benzos with subutex!", no.. you most likely wont, I know many people who do and have for years, including myself, and I take 20mg of Adderall a day too! and I am fine, I have never felt better.

Sorry for the long post.. just wanted to say, there are some good docs out there, who actually give a fuck about every individual patient! OP: I really hope you find a way off subs, they are very addicting no doubt! I have been on suboxone and currently subutex, for over 4 years now, 5 if you count all the times I relapsed, but stayed going to my sub docs and stockpiling in the past... I know how hard it is to stay off subs for even just a day, I lose my mind, and either go get any given opi off the street or just borrow one from a friend if possible, if not I just deal with the sickness and it is terrible.. I have no desire to get off of subs now, I know if I did I would relapse into full blown IV heroin/oxy/dillaudid addiction AGAIN!