• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v2; 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merging into the *brand new* mega thread

i dont really think she is into pills because she herself gets focalin and we have to force it in her
I wouldn't willingly take Focalin either...I wouldn't force your daughter to take it.

If she needs medication for ADD/ADHD, try getting something for her she will want to take.

the problem was after i took them somewhere i came home and could not find my pill, then she came home and she was vomitting and sweating profusely, i know she wouldnt know you dont use the whole pill and i know she would think she could swallow it. i called the other girls mother and asked how she was and told her the situation but she was fine,

through all of this i did find my pill it fell behind something, but the reason i asked is for a just in case thing, i have talked to her about suboxone since then but like i said her friends have stolen my pills before , i am very cautious usually and i dont even keep alcohol in the house,

i am sorry if this is in wrong place, and the only info i got was people dying in europe by using benzo's with it, i just was hoping to here some people's opinions, not that i am gonna be leaving them around, but i wish that night i knew , i pretty much stayed up all night watching her breathing . i almost took her to the hospital but she already has been sent there for threatening to cut herself, and they also know me there, small town crap, then i found the pill

but like i said its not like i am expecting this to happen again, but there are suboxone pills floating around now like methadone used to just would like some opinions sorry if in wrong place and sorry such a long post and i really suck at punctuation but i love my daughter and want to know if anyone thinks there is overdose potential in opiate niave teens

thanks ashla
There is potential that you can overdose on Suboxone, but the only way that would happen is if you mix massive amounts of CNS depressants with it, or have a pre-existing condition.

The best way to take care of this situation ashla, is to only take your meds out of the lock box when you need to. Chain the lock box down to something so you know it isn't going anywhere. This is the best way to take care of this situation.

We just got a new mega thread started, so your topic can be the first thing we discuss. :)

IV bupe dose

im wondering what the OPTIMAL dose is for IV bupe. im thinking that since it is supplied in 300mcg IV vials more than anything that this is indeed an ideal dose.

i should probably try .3mg x3 per day. that is only .9mg IV or 3mg sublingual but i think that is all i need. moreover, since its a partial agonist, it makes much sense that using more just allows the antagonist properties to override the agonist effects. the metabolite norbuprenorphine is actually what produces the agonist effects and i think keep a very low dose allows for this to predominate in what attaches to the receptors.

if you use a higher dose the actual bupe would be more prevelant and block the norbupe from binding, this sound right???

how much room do i have to play with before the antagonist effects kick in?

ill probably try volumetric measurments to get several .3mg doses and see how many times per day i end up using them. i may need .6mg in the morning but if i space the doses 8hrs apart i doubt that.

so anyone have any experience???

im wondering what the OPTIMAL dose is for IV bupe. im thinking that since it is supplied in 300mcg IV vials more than anything that this is indeed an ideal dose.

i should probably try .3mg x3 per day. that is only .9mg IV or 3mg sublingual but i think that is all i need. moreover, since its a partial agonist, it makes much sense that using more just allows the antagonist properties to override the agonist effects. the metabolite norbuprenorphine is actually what produces the agonist effects and i think keep a very low dose allows for this to predominate in what attaches to the receptors.

if you use a higher dose the actual bupe would be more prevelant and block the norbupe from binding, this sound right???

how much room do i have to play with before the antagonist effects kick in?

ill probably try volumetric measurments to get several .3mg doses and see how many times per day i end up using them. i may need .6mg in the morning but if i space the doses 8hrs apart i doubt that.

so anyone have any experience???

You can IV many milligrams before buprenorphine agitates itself at the mu-opioid receptor. There is never a need to use this much unless you have a high opiate tolerance.

I would recommend starting at 200 micrograms to get a feel for it.

We can discuss the optimal dose for IV Suboxone in the mega thread. :)

so I haven't had any suboxone in over 48 hours, and been using vicodin instead. The first day I actually felt something from it, but now I'm feeling nothing at all from 20mg of hydro at a time.

I think i'm just going to go back to Subs tomorrow, like you said Captain. It just seems pointless. I don't feel a thing.

So strange cause last night when I took 20 mg I actually felt really high. Then I've taken about 40mg today and didn't feel any of it. grrr

cap H, ive been injecting suboxone and subutex for years now. 200mcg per shot sounds really low. i would think 300 mcg would be ideal since that is what the vials come in. i will experiment tomorrow. i also tried adding diphenhydramine to my shots and i do get a little rush from it, but nothing that really potentiates the bupe. makes me wish i had some real opiates, and i dont like that.

ideally, once i take this hair follicle test i can order some phenazepam and use that with some hash to get a buzz no and again. i dont want to go back to heroin. ive been having a glass of wine at night a few nights a week and it is not satisfying the urge to get a tiny buzz like once a week or so.

goddamn, i have to wait until the begining of may until i am clean enough to take this test. it goes back 3 fucking months!!! and im NOT going to test positive as it is tied into legal matters.

so I haven't had any suboxone in over 48 hours, and been using vicodin instead. The first day I actually felt something from it, but now I'm feeling nothing at all from 20mg of hydro at a time.

I think i'm just going to go back to Subs tomorrow, like you said Captain. It just seems pointless. I don't feel a thing.

So strange cause last night when I took 20 mg I actually felt really high. Then I've taken about 40mg today and didn't feel any of it. grrr

Might I suggest that you get stabilized on bupe before you start messing around with other opioids. I know you have just begun your bupe treatment, and I think the best thing would be for you to only take bupe for at least a month. Let your body get used to it and settle into a good dose. Then if you want you can begin to "cheat" here and there. I just think its a bad idea to start messing around this early in the game. Good luck-DG

I agree. Was a stupid move. I just got my hands on a bunch of vicodin and made the wrong decisions.

I plan on starting sub again tomorrow.

just curious though. Why do you suggest a month on sub before messing around again.

cap H, ive been injecting suboxone and subutex for years now. 200mcg per shot sounds really low. i would think 300 mcg would be ideal since that is what the vials come in. i will experiment tomorrow. i also tried adding diphenhydramine to my shots and i do get a little rush from it, but nothing that really potentiates the bupe. makes me wish i had some real opiates, and i dont like that.

ideally, once i take this hair follicle test i can order some phenazepam and use that with some hash to get a buzz no and again. i dont want to go back to heroin. ive been having a glass of wine at night a few nights a week and it is not satisfying the urge to get a tiny buzz like once a week or so.

goddamn, i have to wait until the begining of may until i am clean enough to take this test. it goes back 3 fucking months!!! and im NOT going to test positive as it is tied into legal matters.

Hydroxyzine potentiates buprenorphine nicely, but I prefer buprenorphine by itself most of the time. 200 micrograms is pretty low, I have gotten all the way down to < 100 micrograms per shot.

I have been IVing buprenorphine for about a year now, I started getting better effects at lower doses. 0.5mg was the highest dose I did with the best effects. Anything above 0.5mg was really overkill.

Now, I get just as good of a high with 0.2mg, just the same as using 0.5mg. Dpending on your opiate tolerance, you can only get but so high with buprenorphine in the first place. Dosing higher than that just increases the drug in your system, and inevitably (if taken in very high doses) the surplus of buprenorphine will spill into other receptors.

Everyone's different, some people never got "good effects" like a rush for example, from IV buprenorphine, even with 0.2mg IV.

I plan on starting sub again tomorrow.

just curious though. Why do you suggest a month on sub before messing around again.

Because that's enough time to have let your opiate tolerance drop down a noticeable degree, and you will likely have begun tapering off of Suboxone at least a small part of the way by then.

new suboxone thread, cool. these things reach 1000posts quick..
really don't have much to add to this thread yet.
just that i stopped IVing my dose of .3mg 4-5x/day and went back to snorting for a little bit. i plan on going back to IV in a couple/few weeks.
i just felt i wanted to give my veins a break, and let some scar tissue heal.

if anyone is looking for something different to take with their bupe dose to make it more "fun"or to potentiate it, i suggest smoking some blue lilly. i just started recently and it feels nice. (i can't smoke weed cuz of anxiety/panic attacks :| ) so this is a good replacement for me. the effects aren't like weed, its kinda like a benzo high. it deff chills you out and is nice with bupe :) .

just that i stopped IVing my dose of .3mg 4-5x/day and went back to snorting for a little bit. i plan on going back to IV in a couple/few weeks.

if anyone is looking for something different to take with their bupe dose to make it more "fun"or to potentiate it, i suggest smoking some blue lilly. i just started recently and it feels nice. (i can't smoke weed cuz of anxiety/panic attacks :| ) so this is a good replacement for me. the effects aren't like weed, its kinda like a benzo high. it deff chills you out and is nice with bupe :) .

Glad to hear you're taking a break man. :)

this is insane, but 10MG of fentanyl under the tongue doesnt do anything now. I barely get high at all. It used to do the trick, but now after taking subs for 2 weeks i feel nothing but a moderate buzz. im upset about this i was looking forwar to getting high, but 10 mg of fent doenst do shit. it should kill me this is insane!

this is insane, but 10MG of fentanyl under the tongue doesnt do anything now. I barely get high at all. It used to do the trick, but now after taking subs for 2 weeks i feel nothing but a moderate buzz. im upset about this i was looking forwar to getting high, but 10 mg of fent doenst do shit. it should kill me this is insane!

10mg of fentanyl??? are you serious??
Jesus, that is an insane dose. Are you sure you didnt mean mcg?

Also, why are you taking a dose that you state "should kill you"? -DG

Hey HdoubleODeezy! I cant smoke weed because of the same affect on me. I get such a horrible anxiety attack when I smoke...and it never used to be like this...years ago before many years of opiate abuse I used to get a great grass buzz...but it seems hat opiates have taken over my body and life my body just doesnt accept THC without panicking my system...hmm wonder why..scratches head....anyway...where could i find blue lilly?? I would like to try this. Also Captain....I don't IV, but have found that sub with lower doses seems to affect me much better. Stupid US docs started me out on 24 mgs a day! this is my second go around with suboxone...but I find after much experimenting...that between 4-8 mgs does me just fine....and I'm sure I could survive on much lower if I had to. Makes my stash last much longer and can space my doctor visits out a lot longer....saves on the $$ that is for sure! :) Suboxone/Subutex....life savers for sure. At least it saved my life and my fiances! Anyway, just a greenlighter here and new to posting but i've been lurking for a month or so....great great site!

its weird how lower doses seem to actually work much better. I take around 2-3 mg a day I.V. and I get high each time. Not loaded or nodding, but a noticeable mood lift that is very nice. I was wondering if anyone's ever I.V'd coke and bupe at the same time? I'm thinking of trying it out, although I'm kind of scared to because I wont know if I miss part of the shot, because the coke always numbs out the area of injection.

so I decided to test it out my self and smoked that baloon only 15 hours after my last 2mg suboxone dose, i got a rush for 5 minutes that about it, so I waited til the next day, been 34 hours now. Smoking this baloon, got pretty high. Now I know my limit is atleast 25+ hours until i smoke my heroin dose to not waste my money.

This means you need to taper on Suboxone more, and take a much longer break from full agonists. I needed many months to get my opiate tolerance back down, and I only used heroin for about a year all in all, and I wasn't using a ridiculously high dose.

You can taper with Suboxone quicker than I did, but I still think you should take a few months off of all full agonists if you're trying to be able to use them with a lower tolerance again.

where could i find blue lilly?? I would like to try this.
Try google; we can't tell you, it would be considered sourcing. You can view the BLUA and the other rules pertaining to OD via the links in my signature.

Also Captain....I don't IV, but have found that sub with lower doses seems to affect me much better. Stupid US docs started me out on 24 mgs a day! this is my second go around with suboxone...but I find after much experimenting...that between 4-8 mgs does me just fine....and I'm sure I could survive on much lower if I had to. Makes my stash last much longer and can space my doctor visits out a lot longer....saves on the $$ that is for sure! :) Suboxone/Subutex....life savers for sure. At least it saved my life and my fiances! Anyway, just a greenlighter here and new to posting but i've been lurking for a month or so....great great site!

Definitely! I agree a lot, however I wouldn't mind at all if I was prescribed 24mg/day that's a lot lol! I pay the same amount of $ if I get just a few pills, or a lot of them. %)

Overall I never exceed 4mg per day (sublingual use or equivalent) because anything above that isn't pleasurable. This is broken down in many doses throughout the day though.

Welcome to Bluelight! :)

its weird how lower doses seem to actually work much better. I take around 2-3 mg a day I.V. and I get high each time. Not loaded or nodding, but a noticeable mood lift that is very nice. I was wondering if anyone's ever I.V'd coke and bupe at the same time? I'm thinking of trying it out, although I'm kind of scared to because I wont know if I miss part of the shot, because the coke always numbs out the area of injection.

I have, but I really don't advise that anyone IV cocaine. I don't find it "euphoric" in the same way any other drug I have used IV is euphoric. It's intense, and that's about it.

It's not great for your veins to IV cocaine either. Unless you have pure cocaine, I would suggest micron filtering. You never know what shit cuts people put in cocaine.

When I tried IV cocaine, I only needed 10 units of water max for a very small amount of pure cocaine, and I always got a bell ringer and typically vomited more often than not. It would dissolve instantaneously in the water, pretty awesome quality. A half gram of it lasted forever too, I just didn't "enjoy" it to get more to be honest.

And one last point, heroin and cocaine is a much better combination than Suboxone and cocaine.

so I decided to test it out my self and smoked that baloon only 15 hours after my last 2mg suboxone dose, i got a rush for 5 minutes that about it, so I waited til the next day, been 34 hours now. Smoking this baloon, got pretty high. Now I know my limit is atleast 25+ hours until i smoke my heroin dose to not waste my money.

That's good, that way you'll know for the future. :)

I would suggest not to get back into heroin too much, and to continue using Suboxone if you can. It would help you out with at least lowering your tolerance, or getting clean if that is your goal.

Last edited:
so stupid me still took Vicodin today, but I'm done. I had my last dose of 7.5/500 vicodin at around 2:00 today.

any chance I can take bupe later tonight or should I just wait until tomorrow morning?

I feel minor withdrawal symptoms, as I have the last 2 days. I'm not sure if it's bupe withdrawal or still oxy withdrawal as I wasn't on the bupe for very long.

I've learned my lesson!

(I hope :))

Status
Not open for further replies.