• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v2; 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I took 20 mg of hydrocodone and 40 of oxy and I definitely feel a buzz. Not 100% but its there. I had 2 mg of sub at 10 this morning and I've only been on it 4 days. I do have a bit of a headache now though.

I don't feel like it was a waste to take the opiates though.

So I took 20 mg of hydrocodone and 40 of oxy and I definitely feel a buzz. Not 100% but its there. I had 2 mg of sub at 10 this morning and I've only been on it 4 days. I do have a bit of a headache now though.

I don't feel like it was a waste to take the opiates though.

Well I'm glad you're enjoying yourself! :D

2mg isn't too bad to have to break through. Glad to hear you got what you were looking for, it's sad to hear when people are disappointed.

the only negative thing I'm experiencing is a headache, extra sleepyness, and increased heart rate.

Its definitely fading fast. And my body is a little sore which I find weird.

Oh well I tried!

im sorry i misworded my post. i consume 10mg under the toungue, not iv. sorry

Oh, well I don't know the BA, but I'm sure that 10mg with any ROA for fentanyl, would be a large dose nonetheless.

Either way it probably has dropped for sure. Be careful and have fun!

so i woke up this morning feeling a little ill, not terrible, but I've been weening down my suboxone a lot lately, over the last three weeks I've went down from about 16 mg to 2 mg. This morning I woke up and took about .75 mg I.V. and sure enough I did get a kind of rush. It was strange though, it kind of came in two waves. At first I just all of a sudden felt a little lift, and then while smoking a Newport (got to represent), I got a second wave which was definately a bit more intense and "rush-like".

On another note, I wanted to not how many times a day should one dose when using I.V? I know this is not an encouraged ROA, but if I had gotten myself to a point where sniffing 2mg in the morning could last me all day, then should .75 I.V hold me? I know I'll really only know from experience, but I also just dont want to raise my tolerance, so I guess the real question is, what is .75 IV compared to 2 mg insufflated?

so i woke up this morning feeling a little ill, not terrible, but I've been weening down my suboxone a lot lately, over the last three weeks I've went down from about 16 mg to 2 mg. This morning I woke up and took about .75 mg I.V. and sure enough I did get a kind of rush. It was strange though, it kind of came in two waves. At first I just all of a sudden felt a little lift, and then while smoking a Newport (got to represent), I got a second wave which was definately a bit more intense and "rush-like".

On another note, I wanted to not how many times a day should one dose when using I.V? I know this is not an encouraged ROA, but if I had gotten myself to a point where sniffing 2mg in the morning could last me all day, then should .75 I.V hold me? I know I'll really only know from experience, but I also just dont want to raise my tolerance, so I guess the real question is, what is .75 IV compared to 2 mg insufflated?

Its hard to answer that. The best advice I can give you is to just wait until you feel like you are feeling a bit of withdrawal, and then you will know its time to dose again. Though you will need a smaller dose of bupe when using the IV route (because you get 100% bioavailability), you will likely need to dose more often because the effects of IV bupe do not last as long as sublingual or snorted.

If you are still feeling "held" by your .75mg, there is no point to dose again. Wait until you are feeling a bit of WD, and then dose again.-DG

sidenote, I took a Trazadone last night to sleep and I woke up with a horrible headachae today. I still have it. I'm never taking that stuff again

trazadone is awful.

And thanks for the reply. It sort of sucks after the initial little buzz I get from I.V bupe, because then naturally I want to dose again immediately, which I know is not the thing to do. Anyway, does anyone think that shooting one bag of dope could break through .75 mg bupe after about 12 hours?

trazadone is awful.

And thanks for the reply. It sort of sucks after the initial little buzz I get from I.V bupe, because then naturally I want to dose again immediately, which I know is not the thing to do. Anyway, does anyone think that shooting one bag of dope could break through .75 mg bupe after about 12 hours?

Yes, it should break through that small of a dose fairly easily.

And Ashley, as for the headaches, its possible that it might be the suboxone. Many people experience headaches on suboxone, especially in the early stages of treatment. It is often the naloxone in suboxone can cause headaches.
I know when I was first put on suboxone I got daily headaches. I asked to be switched to subutex (which does not contain naloxone), and the headaches went away. Any chance you can get switched to subutex? Especially now that there is a generic subutex, it is much cheaper to be on then suboxone.-DG

I just gotta come in and jump on the "Trazadone sucks when used to induce sleep!" bus...

So its been 36 hours since I last took subs and I am definitely having withdrawal symptoms even though ice had 60mg of hydro today. I guess I'm still having oxy withdrawal since I was only on sub for 4 days.

Kind of a bummer.

Well for example, I use roughly 4 times a day minimum, sometimes up to 6 or so.

I think though that if you have tapered down to 2mg sublingual, you should be able to use 0.2mg IV. Overall it's really up to you.

Some people prefer more in each shot but less often, others prefer a lower dose more often.

Each shot you use should last at least 4 hours, if not 6 to 8 hours, depending on what else you're doing, etc.

0.75mg IV is about 2mg sublingually. The sublingual dose will last longer, but comparing BA's, that's about the same. You're getting about the same amount of buprenorphine in your system, but all at once.

It would be better to use 0.2mg increments. That way, 3 or 4 doses IV should last you about one sublingual dose in terms of the whole day. :)

I obviously don't follow my own advice in this sentence, but if you can avoid IVing it every day, it would be recommended. ;) If you want to use it every day IV, I would strongly read about micron filtering. I feel a lot safer using a micron filtered solution.

sidenote, I took a Trazadone last night to sleep and I woke up with a horrible headachae today. I still have it. I'm never taking that stuff again

I don't blame you Ashley! I hate trazadone and all other TCA's. I refuse to try any more of them.

Benzodiazepines are great for sleep, other than the fact that most of them interrupt your REM sleep. That's why I use temazepam (Restoril) because it doesn't interrupt your REM sleep, and IMO is the best benzo for insomnia.

trazadone is awful.

The idea is that the buzz/rush will wear off eventually, but you'll still be high for a while. Wait till the high wears off to dose again, it might last longer than you think.

I really don't recommend using heroin but obviously that's up to you, I definitely understand why you would want to use it. I have just decided not to use it anymore, and in an hour I'll be at the 18 months away from heroin mark. %)

You can use heroin as soon as 4 or 6 hours after your last shot to great effect. 12 hours is definitely long enough, you'll feel most of it for sure. :) Your tolerance has likely gone down so be careful and safe shooting!

Yes, it should break through that small of a dose fairly easily.

And Ashley, as for the headaches, its possible that it might be the suboxone. Many people experience headaches on suboxone, especially in the early stages of treatment. It is often the naloxone in suboxone can cause headaches.
I know when I was first put on suboxone I got daily headaches. I asked to be switched to subutex (which does not contain naloxone), and the headaches went away. Any chance you can get switched to subutex? Especially now that there is a generic subutex, it is much cheaper to be on then suboxone.-DG

I would guess it's the trazadone, I think most people would have adverse effects the first day they took Suboxone if they had a naloxone sensitivity, just my 2 cents. I obviously cannot know for sure.

I just gotta come in and jump on the "Trazadone sucks when used to induce sleep!" bus...

I've never accepted it form a doctor and scoff at all of them. TCA's for sleep medicine? You've got to be kidding me. Let's give people antidepressants for pain too! It's not that you're in pain, your brain is depressed and sending your mind pain signals!!! IGNORANT DOCTORS SUCK.

LOL I can imagine it now "The DEA made me replace your oxy/dilaudid script for Zoloft, take it or leave it, sorry" ROFLMAO!

Last edited:
suboxone and overdose potential

apologies for not putting this in mega thread and i wont lie i didnt search very much, i have been on suboxone two yrs i am not afraid i would overdose, and i dont believe there is a huge chance, but this is the reason i am asking.

i am the mother of a fourteen yr old girl, i am sure she has drank and i know she smokes(i was fourteen once also) but the other night her and her girlfriend were getting ready in my bathroom and i usually keep one pill only in medicine cabinet and rest of my meds in lock box (one of her wonderful friends stole a bottle of my adderal a while ago)

i dont really think she is into pills because she herself gets focalin and we have to force it in her

the problem was after i took them somewhere i came home and could not find my pill, then she came home and she was vomitting and sweating profusely, i know she wouldnt know you dont use the whole pill and i know she would think she could swallow it. i called the other girls mother and asked how she was and told her the situation but she was fine,

through all of this i did find my pill it fell behind something, but the reason i asked is for a just in case thing, i have talked to her about suboxone since then but like i said her friends have stolen my pills before , i am very cautious usually and i dont even keep alcohol in the house,

i am sorry if this is in wrong place, and the only info i got was people dying in europe by using benzo's with it, i just was hoping to here some people's opinions, not that i am gonna be leaving them around, but i wish that night i knew , i pretty much stayed up all night watching her breathing . i almost took her to the hospital but she already has been sent there for threatening to cut herself, and they also know me there, small town crap, then i found the pill

but like i said its not like i am expecting this to happen again, but there are suboxone pills floating around now like methadone used to just would like some opinions sorry if in wrong place and sorry such a long post and i really suck at punctuation but i love my daughter and want to know if anyone thinks there is overdose potential in opiate niave teens

thanks ashla

Let the games begin!

This is a final bump on the Suboxone Megathread and FAQ v7.0

Welcome to the new thread everyone! Hope you enjoy it here. I have been on Suboxone (and have tried brand name Subutex) for a little under 2 years now. I have been off of heroin for 18 months now. %)

If you have any ideas on the way we have discussions here, positive feedback, or constructive criticism is always welcome. :D

If you want to review the previous mega threads, they are in the OD Archive, and are linked above.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.