• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v2; 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
The constipation issue again ...laxatives and lubricants etc etc , and yet ANOTHER shortcut ... I wonder how many of those who suffer from this condition (constipation) wake up at , say , 10am and go out for a long walk , jogging session etc etc... "right" diet ,enough water and regular exercise (specially early in the morning) work wonders for me.

PS how many Mods in this thread? Could have sworn there was another mod in here the other day besides cap_H , Midaz getting psychedelic above the 30mgs mark is another possibility ...

Actually, this horrible pain I am feeling from the huge mass of crap in my lower intestine actually WAS caused by months of suboxone use. Because I have NEVER had any constipation problems until I got on subs, and I immediately started only being able to shit once a week, the entirety of my sub use(allthough when I took breaks, the constipation got less intense but was still present)....so i have been severely constipated for about 6-7 months now I thihnk, and thats the exact amount of time my doctor told me it would take to develope this large of a mass of shit in my lower instestine. So it really is a result of my suboxone use...not because I quit suboxone....I dont even understand why you think quitting an opiate(which are known(and even prescribed for) to cause constipation or preven diarhea) would cause me to develope a large mass of shit in my lower intestine within a month....it just doesnt make sense. So Ill make it clear again, the mass is a result of regular opiate(suboxone) use.

And of course Im being honest with my doctors about what medications I take and when and in what doses. I would be stupid not to. But I decided today while I was stuck lying on my back on my back porch for 3 hours because I couldnt get up, that im going to the hospital tommorow to get opiates. I just plain cant take this pain anymore. I mean, literally typing this post feels life someone is ripping my spine out. I never knew pain like this existed and I have been through several car accidents, abd dozens of dports related injuries. I seriously wanna cry all the time and wish I could just end it all because im literally living in a world of suffering and pain.

FYI...I might be gone from BL for a little while because they might check me into the hospital when I go tommorow and decide if they should perform surgery on my torn lower intestine.

...also...im not sure if I mentioned this but my doctor said that he had NEVER seen so much shit backed up into someones intestines(and hes an old doctor). Like the mass was HUUUUGE. I think the only good thing that is gonna come from this is that I might get a world record for being full of shit. hehe. Seriously though, this thing is gigantic.....my doctor looked worried when he saw the CAT scan, so you can imagine how I felt....I was in too much pain to notice or remember, but im pretty sure his jaw dropped when he saw the x-ray.

Oh, and just so everyone knows what my "treatment" is, they have me on a shitload of miralax a day, dulcolax, some syrup thing thats supposed to lubricate my intestines(forgot the name and im in no condition to get up and find out), also Bentyl which reduces muscle spasms in the digestive tract supposedly(bullshit pill, they told me it was a muscle relaxer), and lastly lots and lots of water.
my point being.....NO PAINKILLERS!!! at first I told them I didnt want them but when I changed my mind they refused. BASTARDS. Only opiates could possibly help relieve even a little bit of this pain. Its like non-stop breakthrough pain.

Sry for the long post...im gonna go lie down and die.

Yea thats what I was thinking... being off the subs would normally loosen up your bowels so it must have been a chronic problem. Anyway, I feel your pain man... I once had a grenade explode about 8' away from me and that kinda got me started down this path we're on...

Jesus SubDude, thanks the stars your alive. That must've been horrific.

This is day five on 3mg daily. So far this has been the most pleasant reduction I've had, which is strange. You would think, because I'm dropping below the ceiling and because its a 25% reduction from 4mg to 3mg, that this drop would be quite uncomfortable, or at the least, the most uncomfortable so far. But surprisingly, I've yet to have any symptoms of WD. Besides waking up a little earlier then usually this morning with restlessness (which can happen to me even on my stabilized dose). My drop from 8mg --> 6mg was more drastic than this. So was my drop from 6 --> 5 and 5--> 4.

Anyone else have these experiences? I realize I'm not "out of the woods" completely on this reduction. But from what I've learned, days three through five (after starting the reduced dose) are the worst for me. So normally by now I would have slight WD effects throughout the day and insomnia at night. I'm so thankful this isn't the case this time. Maybe my dosing three times a day has something to do with it?

I can't seem to find anyone suffering the same side effects WHILE ON SUBS, so I'll post here (to maybe get us off the poop talk).

I am on 12 mgs of suboxone (yes yes too high), I've been on doses as low as 6 and as high as 32, 12 seems to hold me the best, no matter what anyone says. However, even at the lowest doses I suffer from IMMENSE, PROFUSE, CONSTANT sweating. I wish I could adequately explain it. I used to have long blond hair and I cut it all off to about an inch long because every day it's so soaked with sweat that it can't be in a style. When I wear makeup it's gone within an hour because I sweat so much it's like washing my face. In the middle of winter, I go outside with no coat, no gloves, no hat because it's the only time I'm NOT sweating like a pig.

I've talked to my sub doctor and my psychiatrist (I take Effexor, Sub, Concerta and Wellbutrin....I still fall asleep every day, in the middle of the day) and they've both sort of shrugged and said "Pros and Cons...if you want to be healthy, you have to put up with side effects." What the hell? I'm a woman, in her thirties, active, fun, and I hate even getting off the couch because I start pouring sweat. My husband is grossed out, people on the train look at me strangely with my beet red face and sweat pouring down, soaking my clothes. Literally, my clothes are damp, the fabric dark from sweat an hour after I put them on.

Has anyone felt this before? Did anyone solve the puzzle? Is there anything to do for hyperhydrosis?

Jesus SubDude, thanks the stars your alive. That must've been horrific.

This is day five on 3mg daily. So far this has been the most pleasant reduction I've had, which is strange. You would think, because I'm dropping below the ceiling and because its a 25% reduction from 4mg to 3mg, that this drop would be quite uncomfortable, or at the least, the most uncomfortable so far. But surprisingly, I've yet to have any symptoms of WD. Besides waking up a little earlier then usually this morning with restlessness (which can happen to me even on my stabilized dose). My drop from 8mg --> 6mg was more drastic than this. So was my drop from 6 --> 5 and 5--> 4.

Anyone else have these experiences? I realize I'm not "out of the woods" completely on this reduction. But from what I've learned, days three through five (after starting the reduced dose) are the worst for me. So normally by now I would have slight WD effects throughout the day and insomnia at night. I'm so thankful this isn't the case this time. Maybe my dosing three times a day has something to do with it?

In my experience most people hardly have any WD tapering down from a higher dose to say 2 or 4 mg's(or even less preferrably). I believe its a common misconception that it will be a horrible, long, drawn out process just because its buprenorphine.
The people who tell tales of hoprrible WD's from there suboxone usually are following what there doctors are telling them to do(which is normally the right thing to do, but not in this case), but unfortunately it seems that most doctors simply do not understand how this medication works, and how to correctly taper someone down....this is more than likely a result of buprenorphine being a relatively new drug for opiate addiction maintanence, there simply isnt enough experience for these doctors to truly understand how to taper properly, because they follow what they learned in that online(i think its online) class which certifies them to precribe suboxone and as we all know, from the very beginning of suboxone, it has been lied about in many ways.....i.e...the fact that they(the drug companies and FDA/DEA) say that the naloxone in the xuboxone makes it unabusable......which has been proven false every time someone snorts a line of bupe or injects a suboxone solution.
Basically, you need to figure out on your own whats the best way to get down to a low dose level...but in my opinion...I would drop immediately down to like 1-2 mg's because I don think you will have much WD's and it would save you some time. You have nothing to lose, if you start to get sick, just take some more sub and youll be fine. See, nothin to worry about.
Good Luck

my buprenorphine/suboxone detox.. for you..lowered my tolerance alot

hey yo. I would just like to post my sub experience.
I have had vasodilation (swelling of the feet) from suboxone before. but at 34mg which i would never take again

now no matter what dose i take my feet swell

so this is what i did. i went from 8mg to 4mg to 2mg and jumped in 4 days i've been on suboxone 4+ years(you can do this more slowly)
(plus whatever was built up in my system was still lurking from 4 years plus taking)

I went out and bought a SHIT TON OF SUPPLEMENTS
Acai Berry
Cranberry Extract(take lots)
Apple Cider&Vinegar Extract
Regular Centrum vitamins
Fiber capsules ( a must - take lots)
Protein Shake
Super Green Tea Extract
Biotin(optional)
Omega 3-6-9 Fatty Acids(optional)
Colon Cleanser(optional)
anything with antioxidants
Lutein(optional)
Flaxseed Oil
Beta Carotene

For 2-3 days i used time release 120mg dihydrocodeine after jumping off of sub. after 3 days i was able to get COMPLETELY FUCKED UP off of 200mg of codeine. that means my tolerance dropped over 400mg!

2mg of bupe = 660mg of codeine = 60mg of hydrocodone.

after i was done doing this, i tried sub again.. 1mg under the tongue had me completely fucked up. i am now doing the detox over again cause' i succumbed to the suboxone.

here are some more great things that will help you. one is the acai(first link), another is a super fruit extract super antioxidant blend.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RYM9XE/ref=oss_product

Fruit Juice Extreem TM HIGH POTENCY Amazon ACAI, Blueberry, Goji Berry, Mangosteen, Hawaiin Noni, Black Cherry, Resveratrol, and more, high antioxidants

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RYM9XE/ref=oss_product

drink milk to help coat your stomach. remember - fiber and antioxidants are a must - this is how opiates are removed - urine and feces. antioxidants also cleanse the body.

another optional thing, you might laugh, is the kinoki cleansing detox pads.

check it - i totally detoxed with this stuff in under a week. i was on subs for 4 years! with a 4 month break and a 1 month break! I was started at 34mg! hope this works for you

i have more to add like i only ate rice pudding and stuff even though i was not nauseas, just not hungry.
ibuprofen for headaches
something to goto bed if you need it
something for the runs if you need it (Immodium AD,Pepto,Etc)

if you're widthdrawals are really that bad, do all this, check with your doctor, and take a shitload of tranqs and knock yourself out for the last few days of the major withdrawn symptoms
-------------
Tips for overcoming W/D symptoms:
1. DISTRACT YOURSELF
I could not possibly stress this enough. Those of you who've ended up on this website are probably a) somewhat intelligent (or at least computer-adept) and b) somewhat introspective / intraverted. This means that you're probably going to spend most of your day thinking about how you're feeling and catalouging the symptoms you're experiencing. The problem with this is that the mere process of self-analisys is creating and amplifying your symptoms!!!
2. CREATE YOUR DEFENSE
What I mean by this is; Arm yourself with whatever will possible help you get through this, both physically and psychologically. Get yourself some relatively benign medications (aspirin, etc) and when you are experiencing pain, take one. (not more than is medically sound). This helps not just because of the actual effect of the drug, but because you feel as though you've got the edge now. You're not trapped, you've got your little army of medications (aspirin, melatonin(sleep), chamomille tea(also sleep)) to help you get through this.
3. STAY ACTIVE
This is pretty self explanatory, and it helps in multiple ways. First off, while you're active, you're hardly ever thinking about your symptoms. When I went through my methadone withdrawal, I spent 8-12 hours each day chainsawing through trees, and during those hours, I felt (relatively) alright. Staying active also helps because it will increase your odds of getting a good nights sleep.
4. EAT HEALTHY
Remember that everything you put in your body is helping to get the toxins out of your body. Every trip to the bathroom means slightly less opiates in your system!

Last edited:
2mg again today, i really do plan on going down soon, Ive been stabilized here for quite some time.....but IN gives me headaches (good high in small doses).... so i will just go down to 1mg chunks which are really easy to make with a razor......Subling btw....

even then its not a full 4 pills a months......

2mg again today, i really do plan on going down soon, Ive been stabilized here for quite some time.....but IN gives me headaches (good high in small doses).... so i will just go down to 1mg chunks which are really easy to make with a razor......Subling btw....

even then its not a full 4 pills a months......

Awesome man. It's weird you get headaches from snorting it, I haven't heard that frequently before (some people get headaches with any ROA however).

If sublingual works for you then that's great!

I know what you mean though, I have been stabilized for a while too and am considering going down or just staying here, since I am probably going through 1 pill or slightly less per month.

id be curious what you decide.... your on a whole new level of a low dose......

have you tried taking a break like JB? im just curious, no attack.......

i think ill drop down to 1mg after my three 2mg chunks are gone, in three days..... even tho i could make them 1mg

Last edited:
id be curious what you decide.... your on a whole new level of a low dose......

have you tried taking a break like JB? im just curious, no attack.......

i think ill drop down to 1mg after my three 2mg chunks are gone, in three days..... even to i could make them 1mg

I have not tried taking a break. I have incidentally gone 12 to 24 hours without dosing before, but that's about it.

and when you went those 24 hours without dosing, did you get any signs of WD or sickness?

and when you went those 24 hours without dosing, did you get any signs of WD or sickness?

In the past, yes, now a days, no. The only WD-like symptoms I have now are just feeling slightly tired when I'm coming down. Kind of like how you feel happy but tired after eating a very satisfying meal.

I really enjoy IVing buprenorphine too much to forego using it longer than that. If I had a really heavy 2 day + psychedelic experience going on, I could definitely forget to use it/have it not be on my mind, but that's probably the only way I would go that long without it lol! That, or if I took enough sedatives to be asleep for quite a long time.

OH, also, I am 110% pissed :)X) that the site I order my needles from nearly doubled the price for the type of insulin syringe/needle I use. It's no big deal, seeing as the 1/2 CC version is the same price, but they all used to be $14.99 per 100ct box; then they were $19.99 per 100 ct. box; now my favorite ones are $30+ for 100, though the 1/2CC and 1CC are still $19.99.

The ultimate resolution to this conundrum is moving out west where needle exchanges regularly carry 31G insulin syringes. But until then, I will have to move up to a 1/2 CC syringe.

i wonder what the needle exchange carries at my methadone/sub clinic.....

also wonder what the safe inject has....

i wonder what the needle exchange carries at my methadone/sub clinic.....

also wonder what the safe inject has....

I wonder when the state I live in will allow needle exchanges.

It enrages me so much, but I know that anger doesnt solve problems so I decided that when im a little older and have more spare cash, im gonna buy a bunch of boxes of syringes(the boxes with 10 packages of ten rigs in each, meaning 100 needles) and then go to places known to have HIGH IV drug use(the west and south side in my city) and pass out the 10 packs one by one to different people who need them. Ill even go to the "dope houses" and drop off a box to them and tell them ill keep bringing them needles as long as they give them out to everyone who makes a purchase.

I dont really care about the risk too much. I was able to make heroin purchases all over the city I live in thousands and thousands of times, so I dont think its to much of a risk to hand out needles. And if I get arrested, I wouldnt mind cuz hopefully I prevented someone from getting HIV or something like like that.

thats a solid idea JB, imagine the spirit and hope you would bring by just giving someone a clean syringe....

HR!

When I use to IV heroin all the time, i would witness people ALL over the place(especially in poorer areas) that just have one needle that they use until it breaks apart or is basically non functional anymore, and then they go and try to find another one. Ive seen people pick needles up off the street and use them. It was so disgusting and yet pathetic that these addicts dont have the option of going to a needle exchange.
I even use to re-use my neeldes up to 30 times because I was poor and addicted to heroin so you can imagine where all my money went. So i know how hard it is to live in the state I live in and be an IV drug user.....thats why I want to give these drug addicts the opportunity to be more safe, sterile, and help prevent the spread of deadly diseases throughout our community.

Status
Not open for further replies.