• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread v. 19

I haven't tried this, or read the article. My doctor said that some of his patients have tried this. I think that if you have been on the subs for a short period of time this will work as it will naturally taper with the long half life. However if you have been taking them for months/years, then I think that this is futile and you will need a long tapering schedule.

ohh yea i always get subutex n suboxan mixed up.... you can shot subutex when ever cause they dont have the blocke in em that sends you in WD.... but yea still just break a piece off n let it dissolve under your tounge

omg nooooo. Bupe is what causes PW...NOT naloxone.

i hope no one took this advice if theyre not in withdrawal

I need some help/advise guys-

My doctor is considering a change to buprenorphine from MS Contin.
I'm a chronic pain patient and I have a REM sleep behavior disorder (considered a "precursor" to Parkinson's disease)

I have been researching the Suboxone and they mention it messes with REM sleep by 25% a night in research animals.
Have any of you noticed more problems with sleep and especially dreaming issues with the suboxone?
This REM sleep behavior disorder is similar to living in the Nightmare on Elm Street.
Fucking dreams, dreams, horrible dreams that you act out all the time!

Also, I have to take 1 mg clonazepam (klonopin) a night for "management" of this sleep disorder and it sounds like buprenorphine and clonazepam cannot safely be taken together?

Any help you guys could give me would be appreciated. I'm hoping my doctor just doesn't change my medication.
Things have gotten worse for me the last few months but it is not the pain control that is the problem, it is the sleep disorder that is WAY flared up.

I don't think I can even endure a medication change at this point.
Any advise/ help would be greatly appreciated.

It does not cross the blood brain barrier and does not have good absorption into the gut. It is an opiate class medication but if you have been using a normal dose and its been out if your system longer than 30 hours you will be fine to take suboxone. It is possible to experience PWD if you have been abusing it and taking a large dose for a while.
That's what i can find from medical studies, still looking for concrete interactions between Naloxone/Bupreneorphine and
loperamide.

It does crosses it. And don't forget that just lately they have found that you're stomach is second brain, so it might also mean that if loperamide do work only in there not crossing over BBB, would explain why it works like any opioid.

I have seen a lot of people saying they inject subs. I had been 24 hours no dope and thought if I shot a sub (2mg) I would feel better. Put me into instant withdrawals worst I have ever had. It was horrible. Not sure if it was the fact I still had opiates on my receptors but after about 30 seconds I knew I had messed up big time. Took all day to recover - don?t shoot subs

^ Ya Naloxone has a faster onset than bupe (IV/IN). Therefore it can run a muck until bupes onset of action.

I am in possession of pure Bupe Liquid (0.3mg/ml), so 3mgs per bottle of which i am just having two - so not very much to say at least... My question is easy: does it make sense to IV myself with a total of 6mgs (everything that‘s left,...obviously!), when i already tried a Single bottle (3mgs/total) with absolutely zero effects to speak of?!?

Thanks...

Okay this might seem like a very dumb question, but... would taking an upper like meth help reduce the blocking effect of bupe, or possibly eliminate the bupe from your system faster? Or is it completely different receptor sites?

Do you guys get prescribed strips or the hexagon tablets?

I usually get strips, but for unknown reason I got the tablets when I picked up my script yesterday. I have not even seen the tablets for years. Is this uncommon? What would be the reason for this?

Another question I have is, if Suboxone is abused, does Naloxone's blocking effects have any blocking effects on Buprenorphine specifically?

Do you guys get prescribed strips or the hexagon tablets?

I usually get strips, but for unknown reason I got the tablets when I picked up my script yesterday. I have not even seen the tablets for years. Is this uncommon? What would be the reason for this?

I've been told the pandemic caused issues with production of certain medications. Not sure if this would be the reason why you got tablets but could be. I haven't seen a suboxone tablet in years. Actually thought they discontinued them in the US. I asked my doc to write for strips a few years ago when I wanted to taper down to the 2-4mg area. Just easier to manage.

Been off the board for a while. Trying to get info on a certain topic so thought I'd just copy my post from yesterday in the "Sub Taper" thread:

I've been on Subs for 8 years. Saved my life. Trying to taper off and its a challenge. I'm at 2mg right now. Got stuck at 4mg for a while like many have commented on its a strange area.
Does anyone know how to convert sublingual strips into liquid? Now that the strips have gone generic I'm not sure the bupe is equally distributed across the film, and I'm worried that cutting it evenly isn't giving me equal doses for 1mg. There was a guy on this board years ago who posted a method of dissolving the film in alcohol and using a measured dropper to measure the amounts. This was especially helpful at lower doses such as <1mg. I'm curious if I can add water to the alcohol after dissolving as I don't necessarily want to be putting alcohol under my tongue every morning. Any help would be appreciated as I searched the site but was unable to find anything. Peace.

I've been told the pandemic caused issues with production of certain medications. Not sure if this would be the reason why you got tablets but could be. I haven't seen a suboxone tablet in years. Actually thought they discontinued them in the US. I asked my doc to write for strips a few years ago when I wanted to taper down to the 2-4mg area. Just easier to manage.

Thank you for responding. Yes, I have not seen them in years either. I was sure to keep a few just because. Regarding your question about converting converting the strips into liquid, I would get a hold of some luer lock syringes and micron filters. That way when you inject them (which I assume is your intention), they will be purified.

I have an appointment to start suboxone next Thursday. I am wondering when to stop taking opioids.

I am currently addicted to fentanyl. After today I am going to switch to 2-methyl-ap-237 to hold me over because I don't want to play russian roulette anymore when I'm about to get on suboxone and try to straighten some things in my life out.

I also have a good amount of decent kratom.

So my question is: how long before my appointment to start subs should I stop taking 2-methyl-ap-237, and would a brief switch to kratom make any sense or no?

Am I the only one that gets high off this stuff? It's worked great for my withdrawals and bupe is a fantastic substance.. but I know that I'm high because in particular I have no anxiety at all lately and I know that that's abnormal for me. It only happened once I started the subs.

hi i am looking for the guide in which demonstrates using a Q-Tip or Cuetip and rubbing alcohol to increase oral bioavailability ?

Correct me if im wrong but personally I just put about 1/2 ml of 151. (if even 1/2 ml) but I don't add it until the bupe has melted under my tongue. TBH I notice very little difference. probably costed me more in dentist bills than I have ever gained in bioavailability. Everyone's situation is different though so ill leave it there.