• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread v. 19

What is it you your asking bro? You have 8 mg subutex? I think so. Snort 2- 4 mgs. If that doesn't hold you after 45 minutes then if you have access to a rig inject 1 or 2 more mgs. This is a harm reduction site. But if your gonna do it be safe. Filter, micron if you can. They also work really well orally. They just take awhile to kick in. Be patient. I too am on Suboxone for chronic pain. Four years off all opiates including heroin. Its not a high but it works. Sometimes it feels like good opiates. It is good in fact. Its just different. Hopefully you give them a chance and you will find out what I mean.

And as far as bioavailability. Intranasal is 50-60. Sublingual:30-50 IV is 98 and itrarectal is 60-70. Hope this helps. Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Using an ethanol based solution like Listerine mouthwash remarkably increases sublingual BA.

I'd also suggest trying cimetidine to potentiate the buprenorphine before going down the injection route. I've never met ANYONE who got more out of injecting buprenorphine versus taking it sublingually after using Listerine and eating 600mg of cimetidine. Considering the latter is markedly safer I highly recommend it. Only thing you have to watch out for is side effects from taking high doses of cimetidine everyday, but as long as you avoid that it shouldn't be an issue.

I have a script for straight bile HCL. Guessing it's Subutex not the Suboxone strips. I've taken the strips before for wd and they worked well. Well I've had to go from Dilaudid to these bc of shit. My body is adjusting to hardly any meds including anxiety and pain. I've have 2 medical issues that cause chronic pain. Weirdly the pain improved after the Dilaudid but it's coming back so until o can work it out this is all I have. He wrote me 60 pills but as y'all know it's muy expensive so I'm going to fill 10. My question is I need to make these last as long as possible with the max relief. I've tried to study bio and ROA but y'all know how internet is so I've came here y'all know the best. I guess oral sucks as usual. Nasal is like 50%. I'm no stranger to IV I did it with my dillies a lot. My whole world is changing and it's getting better right now I'm in a horribly stressful environment and I'm hurting. I don't care about the high or whatever I think I permant my fucked my tolerance with my dillies. It's been 3 weeks since my last 1mg dillie so ill feel it either way but if I can get more relief from a lower md dosage ill do what I have to. I know I shot an eighth strip of Suboxone one time and it was a nasty panic attack but not sure about this shit but I got supplies if needed. Then I'll have enough to taper back in a few days if I can't manage to get more or whatever. I swore I'd never touch an opiate again bc being dopesick is the worst ever but my chronic pain just isn't gonna let me function sadly without them. Luckily I'm just seeking pain relief I'm not chasing the dragon I'm also not nieve and I know it can suck you in even codeine. So having all that what would yall reccomend I do in my shoes. I'm spending 56$ I don't have fir this. I'm gonna pop one in the car just for now until y'all get back to me. Thanks for any suggestions my Bluelight folks won't steer me wrong:)

You have come a LONG way closeau :) <3

I'm a bit unsure of what you're asking though closeau. Are you asking how you can effectively take buprenorphine given your situation with chronic pain and your earlier struggles keeping opioid use under control?

Buprenorphine is notoriously unreliable to treat pain, so YMMV. Folks seem to have the best experiencing using it for pain at doses of 2mg or less per day. Cimetidine should markedly increase the analgesia of buprenorphine, so I'd try that in your case (although, again, be careful not to exceed 600mg per day).

But as someone else mentioned, methadone is almost certainly going to be far, far more effective at controlling your pain than buprenorphine could ever hope to - regardless of potentiation or ROA.

Thanks guys I got it straight man. Took me awhile to get on here. I'm going the nasal route seemed like the best option even though it's not my ideal ROA. It's working really well actually. Pretty stoked. I'm doing like 6mg a day or so keepingbtomerance down getting the pain and anxiety relief I need so it's all good. Sorry for the confusion I was kinda rushing on way to get it. Just really checked bio chart and tried it itcwas fine. Thanks toothpastedog!! I have man I was pretty bad off last year either in insanity with the dillies or too much DXM without them a vicious cycle!! Took me awhile I had to endure a lot of pain both mental and physical but starting to pay off. Still sitting? I'm getting back into it weirdly my pain is better than before the dillies stopped working so I can get into half lotus like I want. Going out west again to be with my kid they have a couple cool small groups out there I always enjoyed sitting with people and the energy. Guess I coulda PM you this not really on topic. It I really don't get on here much anymore but I may start just to help out if I can. Take care homie and thanks you guys!!

No sir no sir. I was in the special hospital for awhile earlier this year and a friend I met there gave me a contact to a place here in Raleigh NC that uses Ketamine to treat bipolar disorder which we both have. I was intrigued. 4 month of 2 hr infusion. Make you comfy in room with whatever you need and I. ; months you are episode free for 2 years with no episodes. Said it worked like a charm for her only prob it's temp and. Wet expensive. Ill just take my bed def not the proper thread just thought I'd mention that about dissasiostivrs. Glad you're still sitting like riding a bike for me no good or bad sitting as you know I thought I'd hurt after 5 min but pretty good so far. Why did I ever stop I have no idea but everything for a reason right? Point is I know how and I'm back to open my mind and realize impermanent on a spiritual level again not from books.

I do have a Bupe question though. I can't take cimetine bc it makes me nacous and dry heave don't know why doesn't matter not an option I want to potwntiate I'm gonna be in it for awhile I'm so impressed how well it works for several issues wish I had found it sooner just gotta work out the affordability. Dam pharm companies mobsters man, lol. Anyway I started iv it Wec I actually found a new syringe left over from last time I was here at dads. After much contemplation I dec to do it pretty big difference for me of course no rush not that kind of med as y'all know that's cool I'm not doing it for that just pain and anxiety relief. Actually get a little bit of jump from it too which is odd almost like my old Roxi days. Anyway instead of railing 4mg twice a day I'm shooting 1mg twice a day and I'm scripted 8mg a day so im in great shape and have 50 left to fill which I need for my move. Anyway if im injecting us their anything else y'all know if that may give it even more of a boost. Prob not but this is actually the one opiate I'm nieve about so I figured id jump on and ask yall. Something pref cheap and over the counter. Not asking for much am I? I know I know I'm shooting Bupe and talking about special K for bipolar yet I sit again and actually going to mass this Sunday. They always called me the spiritual drugstore cowboy no matter how far I come I'll never escape that and you know what that's ok I'm cool with it for first time I'm unique. I know you only dude who can prob relate toothpastedog. Take care homie and anyone else who can help:)

Gonna switch to 4's tomorrow. Gonna take three a day instead of 3 halves of an8. Will I have any trouble?

Nah man you'll be ok in my experience. Greatest med ever man why you think it's so expensive? Good luck

Hey Guys,
New here. 6mo H habit. Last use was noon Thursday (so four hours from 4 days off H). But I tried subutex without reading about it completely first. All I read was how it would help with w/d, and not how it could cause longer w/d. I took about 1mg Friday (24 hrs post H), I swallowed 2mg Saturday (again, i know NOW you aren't supposed to swallow) and then I sublingually took 1mg Sunday. Can I just quit now off subs and I won't get any w/d from that. In two days, I should be past the H w/d, which haven't been bad. But I'm scared of the sub w/d because I have super important business meetings Wed-Fri this week. Should I just stop the subs now and 3mg won't be enough to give me w/d or should i take it one last 0.25 mg dose today?

Hey Guys,
New here. 6mo H habit. Last use was noon Thursday (so four hours from 4 days off H). But I tried subutex without reading about it completely first. All I read was how it would help with w/d, and not how it could cause longer w/d. I took about 1mg Friday (24 hrs post H), I swallowed 2mg Saturday (again, i know NOW you aren't supposed to swallow) and then I sublingually took 1mg Sunday. Can I just quit now off subs and I won't get any w/d from that. In two days, I should be past the H w/d, which haven't been bad. But I'm scared of the sub w/d because I have super important business meetings Wed-Fri this week. Should I just stop the subs now and 3mg won't be enough to give me w/d or should i take it one last 0.25 mg dose today?

You can essentially ignore the orally ingested (swallowed) 2mg dose. Did you swallow the first 1mg dose on Friday? In any case you probably have nothing to worry about. You can take that .25 mg, it's not going to have much of an effect whether you do or not. Sub doesn't make your withdrawal worse or longer per se. If you were to take large doses of sub you would essentially cover up your withdrawal to have to experience at a later time.

Has anyone noticed anesthetic properties to bupe? I don't remember where I read it (Wikipedia probably...) but I saw that bupe was said to have anesthetic properties with similar or the same mechanism of action as lidocaine. Now I never noticed any numbness regardless of dose or ROA. And I've missed some high dose shots in the past which I would assume would demonstrate the supposed local anesthetic properties to me better than anything else although I do not understand how anesthetics work.

Yes def had had like almost creepy anesthetic effects it's amazing and right at the right time thank God. No time I'll just say my 9, chronic andcotherwise, I'd like a 3 now on 25% of prescribed dose where iv dilaudid and H when I was out and sick only got my passing out 10 pain to maybe a 9 so magical things happened and I was put on the Bupe and here we are. Cost is an issue but I'm working on it bc it's like my 3 previous meds I need at once. Opiate for my pain. Sedative for my panic disorder, and focus like my Adderall all at same to evits so weird cause I can't get controlled substances right now anfcthats ok they have too many hard side effects especially opiates my God!!! So Bupe does all that and safe as it can be if there's such a thing cause no rush like narcotic opiates in ANY ROA I've tried all so I'm set on 4mg a day but &omg last 2 life is crazy now till Thursday so I'm in more need but only still half my dude I'm used to running out of dillies 2 weeks short watching the bottle get low but not tapering then the horrible days come and since I'm an addict I have a short memory so blam, right back y'all know so yeah man Bup is a lifesaver for sure;)

First post on Bluelight.org. Everyone has their own personal story how that started misusing a pain medication - I will not bother detailing my sob story - it is what it is. I will not judge anyone on this site because I believe their is useful life saving info on Bluelight.org. But my focus is on recovery and getting my life back. Individual A has had periods of their life whete they have beed addicted to Percocet, Hydrocodone and Oxycodone. Person A was addicted for weeks at times, years sober and then addicted for months at times. Second longest addiction lasted 4 months but with heavy opioid missuse. Withdrawal symptoms were night sweats, agitation, dialated pupils, very upset stomach, crawling skin, sleeplessness etc. All prescriptions were obtained legally. For the past 9 months person A has used Percocet 5-325 and Oxycodone 10-325. Person A consumed 12-15 10-325 a day for a couple weeks at times, however for the most part person A took approx 10 10-325 per day for the last several weeks of this 9 month activity. All medications were obtained legally via prescription (many pills had been squirreled away. Several days ago person A was notified in a very cary and concerning way by a Physician in Pain Management that there would be NO MORE presciptions for pain for the injury I sustained 9 months ago. Person A was very nervous about the upcoming withdrawals he would face within 15-hours. The kind and voncerned Dr. suggested a medicine that Person A had never heard of - Suboxine. Person A was givin a COWS test and was inducted by this wonderful Doctor. Person A picked up his Suboxine 4 mg strips, 15 in total. Copay was $30. Person A was told to wait until his COWS test scored a high enough number before taking the first strip. COWS test scrores your withdrawal symptoms. You can not effectively take your first Suboxine until you are within mild withdrawals. Person A began mild withdrawals at the 15th hour (agitation, mild sweating, urinating frequently etc.) Person A found much of Suboxine posts on other sites to be misinformation. Person A placed a 4 mg strip under his tongue and learned suboxine strip tasted fine, like medicinal lemon drop or moreover generic grapefruit juice. Strip melted within 5-minutes under tongue. Withdrawl symptoms completely dissapeared within 15-minutes. Its been 24-hours and absolutely NO withdrawal symptoms. Person A felt mild euphoria for 30-minutes, 1 hour after taking strip...mild as if he took 1 10 mg Oxycodone (relative euphoria to his tolerance level). Person A plans on taking 1/2 the dose next time he feels the beginning of withdrawls. Person A is focused on recovery and will attend some N.A. meetings on his own. Person A was ablebto hold down a good job and marriage during his addiction, but felt he was missing out on many enjoyable things in life and was being fishonest with himself. Now I know your going to be alerted while reading this post and say to yourself "Hes a fool, Suboxine is so addictive etc." But frankly, Im going to follow this caring and expefienced Foctors advice re tapering off Suboxine within a couple of weeks. Any by the way for pain (isnt that the point of Percs/Oxys/Hydros) the Suboxine handles pain sufficiently. I have to remember what Pain Mgmt said; "you can not dye from having pain but you CAN die from Oxycodone and its relatives. The bottom line, I really feel like myself again and Im proud of myself gor finally listening and taking appropriate proaction to get this Gorilla off my back once and for all. For all those who are working on recovery - I love you and Im oroud of you. For all those who are taking pain meds above and beyond what is necessary, I love you too so please be careful.

has anyone gotten or seen the new generic subutex 8mg in the U.S.? I'm on the east coast and went to fill my prescription the other day, used to normally getting the mylan generics. but to my surprise, they were different ones. white round pill a slight bit smaller than mylan generics, and thinner. also have concaved shape kinda like a u.f.o.
imprint is "460" on one side, other side blank.

says "sun pharma" under brand apparently an Indian pharma company, but I can't seem to find anything online about these besides a handful of medschat forums with people asking the same questions. there's not even a picture of them online..anywhere. wondering if anyone has any input on these or has tried them yet? I have a few days left of the mylans and then I guess I'll have to see for myself how they are.

just been getting a little scared seeing that I can barely find any info on them unless theyre maybe just really new? never had that happen, usually i can always find a picture of a med online along with lots of forums/info on it. any feedback or experience/knowledge would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
Looking for any commentary/thoughts/opinions on getting off Subs after many years.

Backstory: I've been on Suboxone for over 5 years under the care of a doctor. Suboxone saved my life for sure. I started at 24 mgs and I'm now at between 3 and 4 mgs a day, still under the care of the same doctor. Insurance covers me. I'm scared to stop taking Suboxone but I believe I'm ready for it. I have not abused Suboxone. I've used it the way it was supposed to be used as a maintenance drug and it did an amazing job. I'm incredibly grateful to even have this opportunity.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? What can I expect mentally and physically to feel like after being on a maintenance dose for as long as I have? Many thanks and much love.

Hey, I am desperate to induct. I took 40mg loperamide for the first time today and it really helped my symptoms.

Is it still safe to take my 2mg sub? If someone knows anything about this please chime in I really don't want precipitated withdrawals. I don't feel high from loperamide but it really helped my muscle aches and physical symptoms. I can't find a straight answer on this.

Thank God for suboxone..I agree ..but it puzzles me why people still use it after a few weeks..I won't use suboxone anymore after about 3 weeks ...

I've been on Bupe for roughly nine years now and have been going to the same doctor. Nowadays it's much easier to find Family Care Physicians that prescribe Suboxone or like medications. Try to stay away from drug treatment centers from what I've heard they tend to have the highest doctor turnaround rate. If it helps any I live in Arizona

If it's your first ride through detox (and I'm guessing it is), the acute phases shouldn't last more than 4-6 days depending on your use (amount, duration, etc), your metabolism, and how quickly you can flush it out. Keep in mind your brain "forgot" to produce endorphins as the opiate bound to the endocrine receptors that are usually for that, so the sickness is your body re-learning that it needs to produce endorphins. Hence, exercise, orgasms, food, anything that can help with endorphin production helps. This will probably sound ridiculous today but give it a few and you'll feel like getting out again. Drink lots of water. If you're vomiting, get some nutrient supplement shakes to help keep your body nourished. Good luck, godspeed

I had been abusing about 300 milligrams of Oxycodone for about 10 years intranasally. Then decided to get help was on 16 mg of Suboxone for about five or six years that I decided fuck this I'm sick of it and just want to be normal again. After 9 agonizing months of feeling dead inside I could not take it anymore and went back on sub. I did everything I could to get my brain to start firing shit off again but it flat-out refused. Workout regimes, hundreds of dollars worth of high-end vitamins and supplements monthly. Mucunia Puritans extract, dlpa, phenibut, modafinil, you name it I took it. During that nine months I had not one day of wanting to fucking do anything. What would your advice be to someone in my situation?

Hey, I am desperate to induct. I took 40mg loperamide for the first time today and it really helped my symptoms.

Is it still safe to take my 2mg sub? If someone knows anything about this please chime in I really don't want precipitated withdrawals. I don't feel high from loperamide but it really helped my muscle aches and physical symptoms. I can't find a straight answer on this.

It does not cross the blood brain barrier and does not have good absorption into the gut. It is an opiate class medication but if you have been using a normal dose and its been out if your system longer than 30 hours you will be fine to take suboxone. It is possible to experience PWD if you have been abusing it and taking a large dose for a while.
That's what i can find from medical studies, still looking for concrete interactions between Naloxone/Bupreneorphine and
loperamide.

Last edited:
I had been abusing about 300 milligrams of Oxycodone for about 10 years intranasally. Then decided to get help was on 16 mg of Suboxone for about five or six years that I decided fuck this I'm sick of it and just want to be normal again. After 9 agonizing months of feeling dead inside I could not take it anymore and went back on sub. I did everything I could to get my brain to start firing shit off again but it flat-out refused. Workout regimes, hundreds of dollars worth of high-end vitamins and supplements monthly. Mucunia Puritans extract, dlpa, phenibut, modafinil, you name it I took it. During that nine months I had not one day of wanting to fucking do anything. What would your advice be to someone in my situation?

To be clear I don't have the answer to your problem as I am in the same situation, Suboxone only keeps me out of full withdrawals but barely. Best I can find scientifically proven is that it's possible we are the 5% that suboxone doesn't continue to successfully work on. And you're symptomatic to adverse events with suboxone. You should research Ibogaine and decide for yourself if that may be an option for you? No evidence for it but i hear it cures addiction with many first time users of it. There are many iboga clinics that treat, crack, nicotine, heroin, opioid, methamphetamine and alcohol addictions. The reports i have found show users take flood dose and follow up booster doses of ibogaine TA.
Following this they have zero WD's and paws subsides. I guess some still want to use opiates mentally but it's a small percentage.
Personally this is what i think I'm going to do. And for mental cravings, I'm not to worried about them, ive never had a problem with them before, pain from autoimmune disease and neurological disorders is my crutch that always sends me back for pain relief. But i can not promise it will cure it for you. But I strongly encourage you to look at the evidence available for iboga bark in south Africa, Cameroon, and make your own decision, don't take someones story of recovery as evidence and understand i hear iboga doesn't work well with long acting opioids like bupreneorphine as it does great with SAO's (short acting opioids/opiates) like Hydrocodone, Percocet, Oxycontin ect.
Note: poppy seed tea and poppy pod tea are considered long acting opiates. Fyi

Last edited:
In response to those of you considering or currently IVing Suboxone/Opiates pills and Films.

The most oxycodone that can dissolve into 1 ml of water is 160mg.
The most Suboxone sublingual films that can dissolve into 1ml of water is 16mg. I reccomend doubling the amount of water used, instead of going with the bare minimum. Example: 2 x 8mg strips can be dissolved completely into 1ml but it's better to use 1ml water for each 8mg strip of suboxone sublingual film imo.
The standard table spoon holds 15ml of solution. Not that you would fill it to the brim.

Micron 0.22um wheel filters remove 95-99% particulate matter:
according to several studies.
Cigarette filters remove 60% of particulate matter at best.
Cotton from Q-tip's and ball cotton only removes anywhere between 48%-69% the more its compacted the more particulate matter is removed.
The use of wheel filters should be common practice for injection(IV) heavy drug users:
Regardless of the substance(suboxone,Oxycontin, roxycodone, methadone, percocet, diacetalmorphine aka Heroin) that they will be injecting. Wheel filters reduce 95-99% of particulate matter in a given mixture, thus greatly reducing harm caused by injecting anything.

Suboxone Sublingual films may have a buffer that solidifies after being heated in spoon, it's unclear to me if it's life threatening or to what extent it causes harm, but i suspect it is probably life threatening and should be treated as such until more information is found pertaining to Suboxone films studies in the year 2017 correlating with fillers/buffers effecting IV ROA.

It's possible that the cause of the solution being prepared for IV use of Suboxone Sublingual films is caused by inadequate filtering of particulate matter that is solidifying after being heated. Food For thought, maybe that's why all practice's of Micron 0.22
?m filters report no solidification of solution pre-injection? Maybe all shooting Suboxone films/tablets should start filtering with (micron 0.22?m filters) and drop the Q-tips of vein and health destruction and learn to practice cold Injection method, some old and some recent studies show heating heroin and pills in spoon before injection increases amount of large particulates that not only hurt the body but clog the syringes. FFT

Last edited: