• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread v. 19

^actually both Suboxone and Methadone users are registered with the DDU and this is the only place such a record appears. The only way a Dr or general practitioner would know that you use either drug would be if they were to prescribe you a drug in the same or a more serious class of drug like an opiate/opioid or a higher classed benzodiazepine like alprazolam. If they did so the DDU will send them a letter stating that you are on a program and that if they continue to prescribe drugs in such classes their licences may hang in the balance.

Fortunately my Methadone Dr who used to be my Suboxone Dr prescribes me the fast and long acting benzodiazepines I require.

I keep a letter he wrote and He also writes specific letters to any Dr's I may be seeing in regards to Methadone being supplied and used therapeutically to treat chronic pain and that I have no known or recorded history of illicit drug use or behaviours that may indicate such a tendency.

Has anyone noticed that the more they bounce around from heroin to subs that the subs don't do what they used too ? As in relief wise.

I've been on suboxone for about 3 months now. Not seeing a doctor but just acquiring them here and there from friends cuz I'm trying to stay from that bitch Roxanne, dillies, and opanas.

I've been doing quite well, and while my buddy thought that with my tolerance I should take the whole strip but thanks to you guys, (hat tip to CaptainHeroin) I learned that I could use incredibly small amount by micron filtering and IVing, which has been working great for me.

I've been making one strip last 5 to 6 days. I went from spending $1500 to $2000 a month to $150 and feeling like my old self.

I was in two bad wrecks 3 months apart and all the clinics want nothing but cash, cash, cash. And I've been out of work. I'm just lucky I have good friends who have been helping me out.

I know some of you guys think you need a mega dose to feel okay, especially when you're really sick, but you'd be amazed at how good you'd feel off at least half your dose. If you're prescribed an 8 mg strip, just cut it in half and take and see how ya feel. I think you'll come to find that you can save a fairly good bit.

Hey guys Im having my own issues and not really sure where to post this. Started new thread yesterday but having trouble doing that now. Anyways I've been off dope for four years now because of subs. This last week every time I take my 4 mg film dose it Doesnt work. My mouth used to fill up with orange bupe tasting saliva or juice as I refer to it. Now when I take my dose it sits in my mouth for a half hour and Doesnt seem to dissolve correctly. I leave it in for a half an hour but my mouth stays dry and when I swallow is the only time I taste the dose. Almost as if it hadn't dissolved and I just swallowed it. Is my mouth to dry or maybe the film isn't staying under my tongue. I usually try to keep my mouth dry prior to putting it under my tongue but with this issue I've been trying to moisten my mouth asmap. I've been on these things a long time. I know when they aren't working right. My tongue used to get numb from my doses and I could taste the medicine the entire time which was a relief to me actually. It really worked. Now its ruining my quality of life. I keep thinking my films are just bad now. Anybody else ever had this problem. Any help much appreciated. Sorry again in advance if this a bad spot for this post.

You described what it's like most of the time I took the strips sublingually without first rinsing with mouthwash.

Before you take your dose rinse your mouth out with Listerine or another ethanol based mouthwash. Swish it around your mouth for one to two minutes, spit it out and pop the dose under your tongue right away. It will dissolve much faster and more effectively.

Thanks toothpastedog. I've been doing that. Somebody mentioned earlier about clamping my tongue down tight. Could be but I haven't noticed a diff in the way I take it. But that would make sense as my saliva would build up underneath my tongue and render the doses useless if my tongue weren't firmly over the top of film. Appreciate the advice though. I really do think it may be a quality issue.

Maybe try eating something like maybe coffee that is a little dehydrating or slows saliva production before you dose? If you use cannabis this would probably be the one time cotton mouth isn't such a bad thing.

I always have thought dry mouth to be the best way to go and yeah I do smoke usually before dosing now. Its funny how everyone's different though. I've heard a lot of people say stay hydrated and drink water before dosing. Even the pamphlets tell you drink water. Which is ridiculous since saliva obviously washes away the meds. However I still want the mouth full of bupe juice. It lets me know its working. I just have had dry mouth sublingual sub experiences going on a week. It just ain't right. Thanks for the tips bro.

For real though. Nobody's had troubles with the films degrading or losing potency? I have tried everything to max absorption. They just aren't the same and have lost that relieving power. Im gonna have to try another pharmacy I think.

Maybe try the alcohol soaked cotton ball method if you like to know you're letting it soak in.

Came to the conclusion that my films are garbage now. They just Dont have any bupe. I feel hot and cold and no energy. They just aren't what they were before.

My girl just took a piece too and said it literally felt like the film was never in her mouth. They're terrible. Why???

The thing is it's everything to me. The only antidepressant that ever worked. If I don't have it, I just stare at a wall crying until I get more. When I have it I focus on my career (getting it going again, so I will always have my fix), I practice yoga for hours each day, I try to find a new girl, I see family and friends and particularly my little bro... we are blood brothers, I go out whereas without heroin I barely leave my bed let alone my place, I pick up my guitar and record stuff as opposed to never taking it out of its case, I also have extreme chronic pain in my spine that I feel just the same as before I got on H all those years ago (and the original reason... I couldn't even walk at the time for more than a minute or two without having to lay down again), I also cook really healthy vegetarian food, keep super healthy like with all sorts of health supplements and I am a tea connoisseur.

Without heroin, I don't give a fuck. I never have, and I don't think I ever will. Without heroin, I am nothing. I am a worthless fuckin animal. I just fail to see the point of life and I can't work hard at anything, I'm useless as shit.

That makes it tough to quit, you see. Even after many years of daily use and all the money and the withdrawal hell it induces these days when I am in between career jobs and can't afford it, I still can't deny that the only time in my whole entire life that I've ever been functional is when I've had heroin. The suboxone will not help me stop heroin because it isn't addressing the emotional problems it's throwing them in my face... I would need therapy too. Heroin is my everything and I have devoted my life to it, for the sake that it enables me to live a normal life in all other respects when otherwise, I just can't.

I fail to see it as a bad thing when it's the only thing that has ever made me happy and functional. I've gotten straight A's in a university degree on H, held great jobs, had a great life. Without it everything really does fall apart. It even makes me lucky, and I've even experienced telepathy on it... it just has such a positive effect on me when I'm actively using. I wasn't right to begin with so when I quit now (I quit for 3 months last years... tapered and then freaked out in post-acute) like just FUCK IT i want to be normal and I don't give a fuck if it kills me 5 years down the road. I'd rather live 5 more years of happiness than live a lifetime of fucking misery and that's what the 15 years prior to my heroin use was like. At least I am happy now sometimes. I tried it at 23 and I am 29 now. I love it with all my heart. I was using the suboxone because I can't get my beloved heroin until Thursday and I'm trying to hold out and it sucks, I'm accomplishing nothing at all and just suffering.

Just editing this to say the bupe worked way better when I sniffed 2mg. When I took 8mg sublingually, it was at 21 hours so maybe that's why. But a wd symptom I get is excessive saliva (weird I know) so it made it really tough to take the drug sublingually. I ended up sniffing it and feel great. Time for bed, my opinion on this med has changed, but I'm going to continue using H for the meantime. I'd hate to use this daily.

I couldn't agree with you more. I first started heroin to relieve severe chronic pain. And amazingly it was the most wonderful antidepressant I have ever found. I am probably a sociopath or some other kind of psychologically broken human, and heroin actually makes me feel like I think normal people feel. It takes away my physical pain and allows me to function at my job. As well as makes me feel good. Like, actually good. I'm not sure if I've ever actually felt joy or happiness until I discovered heroin. I am able to express positivity and happiness. I play with my cat, I go out and do things and enjoy them, I spend time with my significant other and love her and enjoy our time together. Before heroin, it was all just mundane nothingness. Pointless wandering through a pointless life. But, as we all come to figure out eventually, it is not a sustainable habit on the average income. So Suboxone helps to keep sickness at bay when the dope is gone and money is tight. It will not take tge place of heroin, but it makes life bearable until I can get more of my actual drug of choice. Our society will never understand or accept this way of thinking or this path through life. But If you have the resources, Suboxone can make a heroin habit much more sustainable. You can also use it to lower your tolerance to a more sustainable level. Not sure if what I'm saying here falls under the 'harm reduction' catagory, but I just want you to know that you're not alone. There are others out there that a functional addicts and have found happiness through potentially devistating drugs. I recommend you stock pile suboxone every chance you get. It will never really go bad. I was a pharm tech for several years and I learned that most drugs (excluding antibiotics and a few others) don't really ever lose potency, or at least not for many years. And it is extremely usefull.

GL to you.
Private message me any time if you just need to chat or get an opinion from someone in a simular situation.

Everyone is different. I've been on Sub's for 6 yrs. Pretty much for life. I was eating opiates like candy. I was prescribed legal Fentynal w/norcos and valium and Ambien. Don't recommend the Ambien. I'm fully disabled, 7 surgeries, was in the Marines and also PTSD. Since 2000 I've worked my way up to the strongest Fentynal. Suboxone saved my life. Also counseling for 5 yrs. Methadone was not good for me. Its a full opioid antagonist. Buphrenephrine is partial. I always wondered why there are so many pain pills out there? Some help certain people and some dont. Your fortunate that you don't need it. but I've never taken heroin either. Not sure if your 100% done with "H" Please do because of the mixture of "Fent" But if you took every pain pill there is I'm lucky that theres Suboxone. peace!

Suboxone saved my life too. No heroin for 4 years. I just wish it worked it like it used to

I've never been able to get H where I'm from. I was constantly on any opiod I could get my hands on. Almost 10 years. I loved it. I loved how I felt ,I loved how I saw the world. What I didn't love was when the money ran out and I resorted to crime. I stole from every person I knew . every business I walked into. I hurt absolutely everyone because I was the most selfish person on the planet. Me. That's all that mattered. I ended up spending over 5 years in state prison for the things I did. Over and over I would get out and fall back to the pills. This last time I made a choice to get on subs. It not a sober life and it's not exciting by any means. I miss the rush. I miss the life. Bit I do not miss staying awake for days because I was afraid someone would kill me in prison. I know what you mean about H making life seem meaningful. I'm here to tell you there can be something better. Sub is a crutch. But I would rather welk with a crutch a free man than live one more second behind the wall. I'm not 29 years old. 64 months I've spent behind it. I know this may not relate. I just had to say something. I hope you live long enough to change your opinion of life. I mean that sincerely. Only because I've lived a life where the Roxy's or Dilly's were all that mattered. I don't ever want to go back. Thanks for listening

I have a script for straight bile HCL. Guessing it's Subutex not the Suboxone strips. I've taken the strips before for wd and they worked well. Well I've had to go from Dilaudid to these bc of shit. My body is adjusting to hardly any meds including anxiety and pain. I've have 2 medical issues that cause chronic pain. Weirdly the pain improved after the Dilaudid but it's coming back so until o can work it out this is all I have. He wrote me 60 pills but as y'all know it's muy expensive so I'm going to fill 10. My question is I need to make these last as long as possible with the max relief. I've tried to study bio and ROA but y'all know how internet is so I've came here y'all know the best. I guess oral sucks as usual. Nasal is like 50%. I'm no stranger to IV I did it with my dillies a lot. My whole world is changing and it's getting better right now I'm in a horribly stressful environment and I'm hurting. I don't care about the high or whatever I think I permant my fucked my tolerance with my dillies. It's been 3 weeks since my last 1mg dillie so ill feel it either way but if I can get more relief from a lower md dosage ill do what I have to. I know I shot an eighth strip of Suboxone one time and it was a nasty panic attack but not sure about this shit but I got supplies if needed. Then I'll have enough to taper back in a few days if I can't manage to get more or whatever. I swore I'd never touch an opiate again bc being dopesick is the worst ever but my chronic pain just isn't gonna let me function sadly without them. Luckily I'm just seeking pain relief I'm not chasing the dragon I'm also not nieve and I know it can suck you in even codeine. So having all that what would yall reccomend I do in my shoes. I'm spending 56$ I don't have fir this. I'm gonna pop one in the car just for now until y'all get back to me. Thanks for any suggestions my Bluelight folks won't steer me wrong:)