• Notable Threads 1 Notable Threads 2
    Notable Threads 3 Addiction Support
    Emergency Services Benzo Guide v.1
    Addiction Stories Scary Case Studies
    Biology, Pharmacology & Drugs 101

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread v. 19

ObieWan

Bluelighter
I haven't tried this, or read the article. My doctor said that some of his patients have tried this. I think that if you have been on the subs for a short period of time this will work as it will naturally taper with the long half life. However if you have been taking them for months/years, then I think that this is futile and you will need a long tapering schedule.

DomiEstelle

Greenlighter
ohh yea i always get subutex n suboxan mixed up.... you can shot subutex when ever cause they dont have the blocke in em that sends you in WD.... but yea still just break a piece off n let it dissolve under your tounge
omg nooooo. Bupe is what causes PW...NOT naloxone.

i hope no one took this advice if theyre not in withdrawal

Painful One

Bluelighter
I need some help/advise guys-

My doctor is considering a change to buprenorphine from MS Contin.
I'm a chronic pain patient and I have a REM sleep behavior disorder (considered a "precursor" to Parkinson's disease)

I have been researching the Suboxone and they mention it messes with REM sleep by 25% a night in research animals.
Have any of you noticed more problems with sleep and especially dreaming issues with the suboxone?
This REM sleep behavior disorder is similar to living in the Nightmare on Elm Street.
Fucking dreams, dreams, horrible dreams that you act out all the time!

Also, I have to take 1 mg clonazepam (klonopin) a night for "management" of this sleep disorder and it sounds like buprenorphine and clonazepam cannot safely be taken together?

Any help you guys could give me would be appreciated. I'm hoping my doctor just doesn't change my medication.
Things have gotten worse for me the last few months but it is not the pain control that is the problem, it is the sleep disorder that is WAY flared up.

I don't think I can even endure a medication change at this point.
Any advise/ help would be greatly appreciated.

Ne0

Bluelighter
It does not cross the blood brain barrier and does not have good absorption into the gut. It is an opiate class medication but if you have been using a normal dose and its been out if your system longer than 30 hours you will be fine to take suboxone. It is possible to experience PWD if you have been abusing it and taking a large dose for a while.
That's what i can find from medical studies, still looking for concrete interactions between Naloxone/Bupreneorphine and
loperamide.
It does crosses it. And don't forget that just lately they have found that you're stomach is second brain, so it might also mean that if loperamide do work only in there not crossing over BBB, would explain why it works like any opioid.

abbylm23

Greenlighter
I have seen a lot of people saying they inject subs. I had been 24 hours no dope and thought if I shot a sub (2mg) I would feel better. Put me into instant withdrawals worst I have ever had. It was horrible. Not sure if it was the fact I still had opiates on my receptors but after about 30 seconds I knew I had messed up big time. Took all day to recover - don?t shoot subs