• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Continued from previous thread)

People can and WILL overdose on suboxone if they don't use it right. The percentage of people overdosing from suboxone is a lot higher then people like to think, or admit for that matter.

You can't deny though that it is far harder to overdose with buprenorphine than it is with any other pharmaceutical opiate.

They work, it's just that they have the worst withdrawals because they last for fucking decades.

You'll feel better soon. I've kicked bupe a few times and while it does linger, it will go away. Maybe try a little kratom here and there to get through especially difficult times.

Last edited by a moderator:
They work, it's just that they have the worst withdrawals because they last for fucking decades.

Nah...yer' just prolonging your w/d's using Bupe' that you were gonna have to get on with anyway.
Especially if your not using (Subutex) for pain & taking far more than needed without a taper plan.

I did taper. I tapered all the way down to 2mg, but obviously it wasn't enough, and after 3 months i'm definitely not starting to take it again. Fuck that.

I did taper. I tapered all the way down to 2mg, but obviously it wasn't enough, and after 3 months i'm definitely not starting to take it again. Fuck that.
Well, yeah, you should've continued to taper down lower than 2MG's before just stopping completely! No wonder you're a Suboxone hater.

I can understand why you didn't benefit from Suboxone. Do you?

You needed to taper down much lower than 2mg. You know how potent bupe is, yet you decided to jump off at a high dose??? Would you stop using heroin cold turkey after lowering your tolerance from 10 bags a day to 5 bags a day? No.

You wouldn't have had such a hard time if you had tapered off properly, like down to 100-200 micrograms before jumping off completely.

That is a high dose to jump off at. I'm tapering down myself right now. I started at 10mg in the middle of January this year. I'm at 4mg now, I'm going down to 3mg tomorrow.. I want to get down to .25mg then start skipping days. So far it has been a breeze for me, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop every time I drop down in my dose but it never happens. I might get the sweats, but that about it so far for me.

I can understand why you hate suboxone, but if it wasn't for it I would be dead right now. I went from having a towel tied around my neck with the other end over the closed bathroom door, feet dangling, face red , lips blue. To taking my 8 year old son fishing today. I would of never kicked my habit with out Suboxone or got my life back with out it. Done my drug or choice for to long at a way to high amount to quit. I'm happy I got my life back to some degree.
I hope you can get yourself feeling better too.
Have you tried some hardcore aerobics? I mean if you able. exercise as much as you can I mean not just a few minutes a day I mean hour or so. Just move and don't stop. The human Body is amazing thing. The more you work it the more it responds to the hard work. You will heal..
Peace.

All the way down to 2mg?? I'm sorry but your problem with suboxone is your own fault (as well as your doctors). getting down to 2mg is not even that hard, it's when you get below that dosage that it becomes more of a challenge, as you are by that point definately under the cieling effect-meaning more pronounced drops and peaks in blood levels. I don't really believe that you can avoid withdrawal completely, but you can certainly lessen the severity. The people I know that had an easy time kicking, jumped off at about .125mg.

Buprenorphine is prescribed for pain in dosages of .2mg tablets, so how can you expect an easy time from jumping off at a dosage 10 times that ammount?? There is a lot of misinformation fed to patients by their prescribing doctors regarding buprenorphine, but in this day and age, you have the ability to seek out the truth regarding medications, and since that's the case, your the one to blame for your suboxone withdrawals as you obviously didn't even try to research it. Had you tapered down more, your experience would have been a lot less miserable.

This was discussed in a different thread in the OD Forum, but I personall think it would be a better place to discuss here. Does anyone get prescribed the Suboxone gelatin/gummy-type squares? I'm not referring to the Suboxone strips. I'm curious because I honestly had NO clue they existed until today. I did some research and found some information on another forum posted in 2009 discussing these things!

Are you planning on doing this whole "recovery" thing without any medical professionals? I'm just wondering. And, hey, I played the "taper down my. Dope dosage" game before I quit, too; if you can really do it, congrats! I couldn't.

Yeah I am planning to do the recovery thing without any professionals. I am really tired of being a heroin addict. I don't even enjoy it any more except for the rush and that 2 minutes of pleasure is not worth wasting the rest of my life over. So I hope I succeed this time because I have tried and failed so many times in the past.

I have a question that I've been wanting answered..

With intranasal buprenorphine, no tolerance, I've noticed effects begin and peak at right about the 30-60 minute mark, but have been wondering how long this peak lasts before it starts to come down? And at what point should I snort another maybe 1mg to get back at that peak?

Yeah I am planning to do the recovery thing without any professionals. I am really tired of being a heroin addict. I don't even enjoy it any more except for the rush and that 2 minutes of pleasure is not worth wasting the rest of my life over. So I hope I succeed this time because I have tried and failed so many times in the past.

Hey, man, as long as you are ready to get clean, I have very high hopes for you. I didn't go to inpatient, and I am 90 days clean and so happy. I did go the Suboxone route, though. Bluelight is full of great information on everything you could ever want to know about Suboxone. You're going to be ok..as long as this is what YOU want :)

Hey, man, as long as you are ready to get clean, I have very high hopes for you. I didn't go to inpatient, and I am 90 days clean and so happy. I did go the Suboxone route, though. Bluelight is full of great information on everything you could ever want to know about Suboxone. You're going to be ok..as long as this is what YOU want :)

Hey congratulations on the 90 days XTCake, that's wonderful!

Bruce Haze,
The buprenorphine buzz lasts over 24 hours IME. That doesn't mean that on day two you'll be nodding out like a madman, but you'll feel upbeat and still more social. It all depends on how much you take, and a little bit on HOW you take it as well

And how in the hell was I supposed to break my pills even farther down from 1mg? I do NOT shoot suboxone.

crush a 1mg piece and spread it in two .5mg piles and then split a .5mg pile into two .25mg piles etc.
I was on bupe for 4 years and am not on it now , i have given instructions to people to get off it by just how i illustrated above.
Now i can take .5mg and get pretty damn high from it.. bupe is powerful shit.

EDIT: nevermind i didn't taper, i jumped off at 2mg and sucked it up like a man. and was through it in no time.

Last edited:
crush a 1mg piece and spread it in two .5mg piles and then split a .5mg pile into two .25mg piles etc.
I was on bupe for 4 years and am not on it now , i have given instructions to people to get off it by just how i illustrated above.
Now i can take .5mg and get pretty damn high from it.. bupe is powerful shit.

EDIT: nevermind i didn't taper, i jumped off at 2mg and sucked it up like a man. and was through it in no time.

You are full of shit.

about what?

when i jumped off i was also going through benzo w/d's too.
I had clonidine, tizanidine, hydroxyzine, zyprexa to help and the rest i just sucked up because i went through it one time b4 in jail with no other meds to help so with the meds made it easy as hell.. in a week i was fine. i have no reason to lie to you, i don't even know you.

You are full of shit.
For you saying im full of shit read how long ago these posts are and know that i wasn't lying about anything:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/550973-Progress-Mega-Thread/page3?highlight=progress+support+mega

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.